Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sooch

Water Filters

I remember seeing a shop at thomson plaza selling 2nd hand Diamond water filter system at half price. At 1st i intend to buy 2nd hand diamond water there.

After some consideration i went to buy Marvello ionized water@ international plaza instead.

Hmm, why Marvello? Is it better than the others in the market?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hmm, why Marvello? Is it better than the others in the market?

It really depends on the system you want and the type of water u are looking for.

Marvello is a alkaline ionizer water system which is totally different from other water system like diamond.

The price is a lot cheaper yet, I should say the cost price of marvello is no where cheaper than diamond.

There are many other benefits such as antioxidant activity, micro cluster water etc.

I believer they do home demos if you are unavaliable to see it at their show room.

Pm me if u would like more information before looking for them

Edited by gkbt

hi any suggestion to which type is suitable for non-fixing to tap & of cos, cheap :notti:

cos lazy to boil n store water too :P & heard only UV kills bacteria, so the rest nt safe to consume??? :unsure:

personally i have seen and tried several brands of water enhancement systems well most of them did serve their purpose of filtering the water. but by far venture era's cal star seems to be my family favourite. i think mainly cus its maintenence free (i think something along this line) i heard that there isnt a need to change the filters and is a lifelong product. unlike most water systems that requires you to change the filters every 3-4 months. which in the long run is actually quite expensive. ya. so i actually recommend this system quite ecconomical

It really depends on the system you want and the type of water u are looking for.

Marvello is a alkaline ionizer water system which is totally different from other water system like diamond.

The price is a lot cheaper yet, I should say the cost price of marvello is no where cheaper than diamond.

There are many other benefits such as antioxidant activity, micro cluster water etc.

I believer they do home demos if you are unavaliable to see it at their show room.

Pm me if u would like more information before looking for them

how much does it cost?

I'm looking for one too!

Was looking at Amway & Diamond.

Haven't calculated the maintenance cost though.

Was also looking at the tap attachment from OSIM, but it looks like a glorified $2 filter to me..

Anyone using any good water filters to recommend?

cost price of diamond is 1660 is i am not wrong . and maintenence every 3 mths is about a 100 odd

yeap so if you were to calculate for 4 years the total price you gotta pay is like 3.2k?

when my family used that we got so sick and tired of changing the filters that it got chuck aside and eventually given away.

personally i have seen and tried several brands of water enhancement systems well most of them did serve their purpose of filtering the water. but by far venture era's cal star seems to be my family favourite. i think mainly cus its maintenence free (i think something along this line) i heard that there isnt a need to change the filters and is a lifelong product. unlike most water systems that requires you to change the filters every 3-4 months. which in the long run is actually quite expensive. ya. so i actually recommend this system quite ecconomical

how much does it cost?

cost price of diamond is 1660 is i am not wrong . and maintenence every 3 mths is about a 100 odd

yeap so if you were to calculate for 4 years the total price you gotta pay is like 3.2k?

when my family used that we got so sick and tired of changing the filters that it got chuck aside and eventually given away.

Hi flameternity,

Gosh is diamond that expensive??? Thought it was cheaper...

The marvello system (Japan) and Jupiter system (Korea) are similar systems. There are many models to choose from and with that choice of pricing as well. The price ranges from the low 1.4k to the high 2.8k (Designer model i think)

As for maintainance... its practically free of it other than a filter change every year which cost me $120. Another thing is there is no such thing as 0 filter change... Filters need to be changed every once in the while to prevent accumulation of toxin that are trapped as well as possible bacteria growth (which causes foul smell in the water filter if used over the limit)

However saying that, the marvello and Jupiter is not the same as diamond. Marvello and Jupiter avocate ionized alkaline water consumption to remove acid waste buildup in the body which is not provided by diamond. This is the major factor.

Their no. 62725337.. a home demo is possible too with no obligations, just to understand the types of water better...

hi any suggestion to which type is suitable for non-fixing to tap & of cos, cheap :notti:

cos lazy to boil n store water too :P & heard only UV kills bacteria, so the rest nt safe to consume??? :unsure:

Actually UV kill bacteria if it is kept exposed for a while, which is actually a min of 20min. Therefore there is no way uv in a water system can kill bacteria.

If you want cheap filteration systems, it would have to be fix to the tap.

However saying that, singapore is totally safe and is drinkable, so the need for filter is minimized. however the water we have is not enhanced, therefore that is a avenue to explore if the family want another alternative to better health through the drinking of enhanced water

Hi flameternity,

The marvello system (Japan) and Jupiter system (Korea) are similar systems. There are many models to choose from and with that choice of pricing as well. The price ranges from the low 1.4k to the high 2.8k (Designer model i think)

As for maintainance... its practically free of it other than a filter change every year which cost me $120. Another thing is there is no such thing as 0 filter change... Filters need to be changed every once in the while to prevent accumulation of toxin that are trapped as well as possible bacteria growth (which causes foul smell in the water filter if used over the limit)

However saying that, the marvello and Jupiter is not the same as diamond. Marvello and Jupiter avocate ionized alkaline water consumption to remove acid waste buildup in the body which is not provided by diamond. This is the major factor.

Their no. 62725337.. a home demo is possible too with no obligations, just to understand the types of water better...

Actually UV kill bacteria if it is kept exposed for a while, which is actually a min of 20min. Therefore there is no way uv in a water system can kill bacteria.

However saying that, singapore is totally safe and is drinkable, so the need for filter is minimized. however the water we have is not enhanced, therefore that is a avenue to explore if the family want another alternative to better health through the drinking of enhanced water

there really isnt a need to change the filters because it is washable i think you will have to wash it once every six months.(believe it or not this was why my parents decided to get it) this thing also comes with an external micron sand bag filter

and also cal star water deals with the ionisation of the water. just checked it up.,,

the properties of the water are as follows

1) world smallest water molecule clusters

2) energised water(means water has energy contents)

3) anti-oxident and anti aging

4) natural disinfecting property

5) PH 8 and above (alkaline)

6) rich in minerals (large component of ionic calcium)

7) remove chlorine

8) suitable for all ages

so i guess this is also a water enhancement system. and yes diamond water is really expensive in the long run

Hi flameternity,

there really isnt a need to change the filters because it is washable i think you will have to wash it once every six months.(believe it or not this was why my parents decided to get it) this thing also comes with an external micron sand bag filter

and also cal star water deals with the ionisation of the water. just checked it up.,,

the properties of the water are as follows

1) world smallest water molecule clusters

2) energised water(means water has energy contents)

3) anti-oxident and anti aging

4) natural disinfecting property

5) PH 8 and above (alkaline)

6) rich in minerals (large component of ionic calcium)

7) remove chlorine

8) suitable for all ages

so i guess this is also a water enhancement system. and yes diamond water is really expensive in the long run

Hi Flameternity,

Thanks for the input on the washing... it is indeed true that people do raise eyebrowns on your parents willing to do the brushing :D

However I think that a few points you raised are abit debatable. One of them is point 1 which you say is the world's smallest water cluster. As a scientist by training, smallest water molecules cluters do not belong to water filter systems but rather RO water systems or ionized water systems. Reason being this, RO uses superfine filter membranes(smaller than just normal systems) which forces water clusters to breakup to tiny clusters. Ionize water system uses electricity to dislodge the wan de wal bonds (electric bonds) between water molecules. These are then the smalles water clusters.

The other one would be antioxidant, water in nature is netural, if there is no charged added to the water molecules, then there will not be any antioxidant properties. To test this, use iodine.. if the water is antioxidant it will clear up the yellowish colour and cause a cloud of foam on the surface, a result of a reaction that just taken place.

Neutral of higher pH water is definately does not have disinfectant properties. Only water molecules that are charged will provide this antiseptic properties as they attack bacteria by making them unstable.

On the pH level, I doubt that this pH will maintain at a constant level as water is basically netural. It is the mineral in the filter that provides this alkality. However do becareful on how this alkality is achieved. There are 2 ways. One is by ionizing, while the other is by chemicals such as sodium/magnesium bicarbonate, hydroxide. Too much of this chemicals are not good for the body as they are not ionized and will remain in the body.

Do feel free to discuss what I have mentioned. My interest is to make sure people understand the concepts on water.

:yamseng:

Hi Flameternity,

Thanks for the input on the washing... it is indeed true that people do raise eyebrowns on your parents willing to do the brushing :D

However I think that a few points you raised are abit debatable. One of them is point 1 which you say is the world's smallest water cluster. As a scientist by training, smallest water molecules cluters do not belong to water filter systems but rather RO water systems or ionized water systems. Reason being this, RO uses superfine filter membranes(smaller than just normal systems) which forces water clusters to breakup to tiny clusters. Ionize water system uses electricity to dislodge the wan de wal bonds (electric bonds) between water molecules. These are then the smalles water clusters.

The other one would be antioxidant, water in nature is netural, if there is no charged added to the water molecules, then there will not be any antioxidant properties. To test this, use iodine.. if the water is antioxidant it will clear up the yellowish colour and cause a cloud of foam on the surface, a result of a reaction that just taken place.

Neutral of higher pH water is definately does not have disinfectant properties. Only water molecules that are charged will provide this antiseptic properties as they attack bacteria by making them unstable.

On the pH level, I doubt that this pH will maintain at a constant level as water is basically netural. It is the mineral in the filter that provides this alkality. However do becareful on how this alkality is achieved. There are 2 ways. One is by ionizing, while the other is by chemicals such as sodium/magnesium bicarbonate, hydroxide. Too much of this chemicals are not good for the body as they are not ionized and will remain in the body.

Do feel free to discuss what I have mentioned. My interest is to make sure people understand the concepts on water.

:yamseng:

the world smallest molecules. yes i know that this is achieved by breaking the weak hydrogen bond between each water molecules to achieve the smallest of a hexogenal shape structure. thus giving us the small water molecule clusters.

and as for the natrual disinfecting property. the charged is given of by the ionic calcium if i am not wrong.and yes the iodine test was done on this water and it discoloured iodine. mainly because the water help break the complex bond of betadine and thus breaking it into small and harmless molecules. which discoloured it.

as for the anti oxident and anti aging. i am aware that a charge is needed to be given off by something in order for this to happen. but the test i saw about the anti aging was that iron nails was placed inside 2 types of water. one tap water. the other the cal star water and what i saw was that the iron nails in the cal water did not rust while the one in the tap water did. what happened was that. the hexogonal shaped structure of the world smallest water molecule cluster. gives of a property that allows a layer of oxygen to to formed around the iron nail and be oxidised in place of the nail itself.

so nail being our "organ" in our body~ inturns is not exposed to oxidation which cause aging. thus having an anti aging property ^^

as for the ph~ of the water. no worries the water ph is achieved through organic minerals like corals and volcanic rock etc etc.

haha i don't mind debating about this. i am also starting to gain an intrest in these properties of water and wish to know more about it.

the world smallest molecules. yes i know that this is achieved by breaking the weak hydrogen bond between each water molecules to achieve the smallest of a hexogenal shape structure. thus giving us the small water molecule clusters.

and as for the natrual disinfecting property. the charged is given of by the ionic calcium if i am not wrong.and yes the iodine test was done on this water and it discoloured iodine. mainly because the water help break the complex bond of betadine and thus breaking it into small and harmless molecules. which discoloured it.

as for the anti oxident and anti aging. i am aware that a charge is needed to be given off by something in order for this to happen. but the test i saw about the anti aging was that iron nails was placed inside 2 types of water. one tap water. the other the cal star water and what i saw was that the iron nails in the cal water did not rust while the one in the tap water did. what happened was that. the hexogonal shaped structure of the world smallest water molecule cluster. gives of a property that allows a layer of oxygen to to formed around the iron nail and be oxidised in place of the nail itself.

so nail being our "organ" in our body~ inturns is not exposed to oxidation which cause aging. thus having an anti aging property ^^

as for the ph~ of the water. no worries the water ph is achieved through organic minerals like corals and volcanic rock etc etc.

haha i don't mind debating about this. i am also starting to gain an intrest in these properties of water and wish to know more about it.

Hi flameternity,

Its really great that you are interested in such unique interest, i always get a funny look whenever i talk to ppl about water with such passion... :D At least now i am not alone haha :sport-smiley-004:

The water system you are mentioning would probably be the Pi water system (hexagonal brand)

This system uses a special filter system, which provides the alkalinity. However I am not sure how it make ions out of water. From what I understand there must me a seperation of charges to make ions (something like the air ionizers) using electricity. If the system does not use electricity or split the water up, then its not ionized but something else, maybe you could enlighten me on this aspect.

On the iodine experiment.... was there foam on the surface of the water? If there was then there is a reaction, if not, then its just diluted. The reason I am saying this is that alot of benefits rest solely on ionization. If there are ions there will be micro clusters, antioxidant and even emulsification of oil. Did you try mixing that water with oil?

I have also seen the rusting of the iron nails experiment, was wondering how long then the rust took place... with cal water. The reason is that if the water is so stable to prevent oxidation of the iron nails for a long time, then I do not think that it is antioxidant because antioxidant is unstable by nature and will oxidize asap. Maybe I am wrong would hope you could give inputs on this.

pH is important, especially alkalizing diet to fight off the acidic waste building up in our bodies like Dr. Robert Young mentioned in "The pH Miracle" However its the way how ppl Alkalizes that worries me. Some use chemicals which are toxic to the body in larger quantity. I think the calcium and volcanic rock do provide such alkality as they are alkaline in nature, but nothing last forever and would need changing depending on the amount of water it filtered. This cannot be measured and thus we do not know if the pH is constant or have drop which is troublesome is a society that demands minimal effort with maximum gains.

Hope to hear from you...

Hi flameternity,

Its really great that you are interested in such unique interest, i always get a funny look whenever i talk to ppl about water with such passion... :D At least now i am not alone haha :sport-smiley-004:

The water system you are mentioning would probably be the Pi water system (hexagonal brand)

This system uses a special filter system, which provides the alkalinity. However I am not sure how it make ions out of water. From what I understand there must me a seperation of charges to make ions (something like the air ionizers) using electricity. If the system does not use electricity or split the water up, then its not ionized but something else, maybe you could enlighten me on this aspect.

On the iodine experiment.... was there foam on the surface of the water? If there was then there is a reaction, if not, then its just diluted. The reason I am saying this is that alot of benefits rest solely on ionization. If there are ions there will be micro clusters, antioxidant and even emulsification of oil. Did you try mixing that water with oil?

I have also seen the rusting of the iron nails experiment, was wondering how long then the rust took place... with cal water. The reason is that if the water is so stable to prevent oxidation of the iron nails for a long time, then I do not think that it is antioxidant because antioxidant is unstable by nature and will oxidize asap. Maybe I am wrong would hope you could give inputs on this.

pH is important, especially alkalizing diet to fight off the acidic waste building up in our bodies like Dr. Robert Young mentioned in "The pH Miracle" However its the way how ppl Alkalizes that worries me. Some use chemicals which are toxic to the body in larger quantity. I think the calcium and volcanic rock do provide such alkality as they are alkaline in nature, but nothing last forever and would need changing depending on the amount of water it filtered. This cannot be measured and thus we do not know if the pH is constant or have drop which is troublesome is a society that demands minimal effort with maximum gains.

Hope to hear from you...

the water brand is actually called cal star premium. i am not to sure about how they do it either. it happens in one of the filteration tubes. in it lies natural magnetic ceremic balls with natural magnetic stones effectively break water molecule clusters into the smallest possible size. and is hence able to achieve the hexogonal shaped structure

regarding the iodine test. unfortunately. no residue is formed. however it is also not possible for a tiny cup of water to dilute. 7-10 drops of iodine. and still be drinkable after that(since 5 drops of iodine solution can corrode you lungs). so i strongly believe that the process that occured in the iodine test is diluting of the iodine but infact the breaking of the molecules of the complex substrate. i did a small test on my own using a grape from the market and dipped it in cal water and a layer of oil was formed on the surface of the water(i believe that oil is pesticides) and i tried the same thing with the grape but this time in tap water. no oil layer was found. so i think this some what shows the water ability to effectively remove and disinfect harmful toxins in our food/body.

as for the rusting of the nails in the cal water. i think it takes about 2-3mths for rust to be visible.

ill do a simple explaination. the guiness world oldest man. mr izumi~ actually lived up to an age of 121 years old. and that everyone in that village had an average life span of 95 years old. so scientist doing what they love to do did a research. and found out that the ph of the water source of that village was ph 8.8 and being a spring water. it is rich in minerals. and we also know that. naturally clean water ( spring water) have these few properties. 1) alkaline 2) rich in minerals and of course no evil chemicals.(chlorine):P well and we also know that water was known as an "exilir of life" why? because clean natural water on its own has anti aging properties. by ensuring that the water that comes out of the filter is maintained at a natural level. it is able to bring us back to the past when ppl drank from springs a water that will give you the maximum benefits of water anti aging and good health. on top of that i will like to futher support the point on the oxidising layer. the rusting of the iron nail in the cal water do occur. but at a much slower rate. like u said anti oxidents are unstable that is oxidised readily once exposed. so in this experiment rusting starts coming in when the anti oxidents "run out" and i will like to re enforce. rusting still occurs.

you raised a very good point about keeping the ph constant. i will say there is no way a water filtration system is able to keep it constant especially since it does not run on electricity and does not have a computer in it to monitor the ph lvls( if there was such i thing. i believe it will be quite expensive haha!). and yes. the calcium ions made from fossil fragments/volcanic rock/corals do run out. but on an average household of 5. these minerals can last up to 4 years or more. depending on the usage of the family of course. also the ph of the water is constantly kept at 7.5 and above. why so. because this system actually pumps back water. into the last filter which contains these minerals. and the imput of the minerals into the water is kept at a constant. thus keeping the water alkaline.

under normal circumstances if our tap water were to be at ph 7(which is never possible since ph of singapore water is about 6.4 or lesser) the water that comes out of the tap after it goes through the system will be about. 8.0 and above. this is to ensure that even under acidic conditions the amount of minerals dissolved in the water will be able to nutralise it and even make it alkaline. instead of changing your filters every 3 -4 mths. this is actually much better. which only requires you to change it every 4 years or so. in a sense it does address the issue on society wanting to get the best out of everything with minimal effort.

personally i do not quite understand the point on energised water. i heard it is due to active ions. but i am really not sure what these active ions refer to? and how it actually gives the water energy. do you happen to know why?

hope to hear from you soon ^^

the water brand is actually called cal star premium. i am not to sure about how they do it either. it happens in one of the filteration tubes. in it lies natural magnetic ceremic balls with natural magnetic stones effectively break water molecule clusters into the smallest possible size. and is hence able to achieve the hexogonal shaped structure

regarding the iodine test. unfortunately. no residue is formed. however it is also not possible for a tiny cup of water to dilute. 7-10 drops of iodine. and still be drinkable after that(since 5 drops of iodine solution can corrode you lungs). so i strongly believe that the process that occured in the iodine test is diluting of the iodine but infact the breaking of the molecules of the complex substrate. i did a small test on my own using a grape from the market and dipped it in cal water and a layer of oil was formed on the surface of the water(i believe that oil is pesticides) and i tried the same thing with the grape but this time in tap water. no oil layer was found. so i think this some what shows the water ability to effectively remove and disinfect harmful toxins in our food/body.

as for the rusting of the nails in the cal water. i think it takes about 2-3mths for rust to be visible.

ill do a simple explaination. the guiness world oldest man. mr izumi~ actually lived up to an age of 121 years old. and that everyone in that village had an average life span of 95 years old. so scientist doing what they love to do did a research. and found out that the ph of the water source of that village was ph 8.8 and being a spring water. it is rich in minerals. and we also know that. naturally clean water ( spring water) have these few properties. 1) alkaline 2) rich in minerals and of course no evil chemicals.(chlorine):P well and we also know that water was known as an "exilir of life" why? because clean natural water on its own has anti aging properties. by ensuring that the water that comes out of the filter is maintained at a natural level. it is able to bring us back to the past when ppl drank from springs a water that will give you the maximum benefits of water anti aging and good health. on top of that i will like to futher support the point on the oxidising layer. the rusting of the iron nail in the cal water do occur. but at a much slower rate. like u said anti oxidents are unstable that is oxidised readily once exposed. so in this experiment rusting starts coming in when the anti oxidents "run out" and i will like to re enforce. rusting still occurs.

you raised a very good point about keeping the ph constant. i will say there is no way a water filtration system is able to keep it constant especially since it does not run on electricity and does not have a computer in it to monitor the ph lvls( if there was such i thing. i believe it will be quite expensive haha!). and yes. the calcium ions made from fossil fragments/volcanic rock/corals do run out. but on an average household of 5. these minerals can last up to 4 years or more. depending on the usage of the family of course. also the ph of the water is constantly kept at 7.5 and above. why so. because this system actually pumps back water. into the last filter which contains these minerals. and the imput of the minerals into the water is kept at a constant. thus keeping the water alkaline.

under normal circumstances if our tap water were to be at ph 7(which is never possible since ph of singapore water is about 6.4 or lesser) the water that comes out of the tap after it goes through the system will be about. 8.0 and above. this is to ensure that even under acidic conditions the amount of minerals dissolved in the water will be able to nutralise it and even make it alkaline. instead of changing your filters every 3 -4 mths. this is actually much better. which only requires you to change it every 4 years or so. in a sense it does address the issue on society wanting to get the best out of everything with minimal effort.

personally i do not quite understand the point on energised water. i heard it is due to active ions. but i am really not sure what these active ions refer to? and how it actually gives the water energy. do you happen to know why?

hope to hear from you soon ^^

Hi flameternity,

Sorry for the delay... been bz at work

Thanks for the input, As for the iodine test I would probably need to see how the test is done to confirm if it is true. One reason is in chemistry 101, A + B= product + energy(heat) so there if a change being effected in the area then there will be gas(foam),heat etc...

As for oil, small water clusters will be able to interact with oil thus you were able to see it floating on the surface of the water. No really sure about the smallest in the world tag but still small enough for some sort of interation.

I stand corrected, but Singpaore water is really neutral or mildly alkaline depending on the area we live in Singapore. I have ppl telling me their water in the west in alkaline, while the central is neutral.. Where did you see acidic?

As for energized water, its basically ionizing water molecules with current and splitting them apart. So with such system, normal water is split to ionized -oh water (Alkaline) and +h water (acidic). This not just happens to the water but the minerals as well so eg calcium compound is now Ca2+ or something like that.

When matter is being charged it is considered energized, when it is energized it will be more than willing to donate its energized charge away. So it will act as an antioxidant by donating charged ions to free radicals. This happens as soon as possible.

look forward to hear from you

Hi flameternity,

Sorry for the delay... been bz at work

Thanks for the input, As for the iodine test I would probably need to see how the test is done to confirm if it is true. One reason is in chemistry 101, A + B= product + energy(heat) so there if a change being effected in the area then there will be gas(foam),heat etc...

As for oil, small water clusters will be able to interact with oil thus you were able to see it floating on the surface of the water. No really sure about the smallest in the world tag but still small enough for some sort of interation.

I stand corrected, but Singpaore water is really neutral or mildly alkaline depending on the area we live in Singapore. I have ppl telling me their water in the west in alkaline, while the central is neutral.. Where did you see acidic?

As for energized water, its basically ionizing water molecules with current and splitting them apart. So with such system, normal water is split to ionized -oh water (Alkaline) and +h water (acidic). This not just happens to the water but the minerals as well so eg calcium compound is now Ca2+ or something like that.

When matter is being charged it is considered energized, when it is energized it will be more than willing to donate its energized charge away. So it will act as an antioxidant by donating charged ions to free radicals. This happens as soon as possible.

look forward to hear from you

Hi flameternity/gkbt,

So interesting to read the posts here...

Perhaps you could share with forummers the whether there's any differences to the quality of water produced by these two products:

1. marvello (5 plates, older&cheaper models 3 plates)

http://www.kemptrading.com/info.asp?id=72

2. KYK water ionizers (7 plates)

http://www.ionizeroasis.com/products/KYK-G...0-7-Plates.html

So far, seems like users love the health benefits of these 2 products.

Hopefully more users of the above product can share their experiences here, after reading this thread. ;);)

Looking forward to hear from you guys!

Hi flameternity/gkbt,

So interesting to read the posts here...

Perhaps you could share with forummers the whether there's any differences to the quality of water produced by these two products:

1. marvello (5 plates, older&cheaper models 3 plates)

http://www.kemptrading.com/info.asp?id=72

2. KYK water ionizers (7 plates)

http://www.ionizeroasis.com/products/KYK-G...0-7-Plates.html

So far, seems like users love the health benefits of these 2 products.

Hopefully more users of the above product can share their experiences here, after reading this thread. ;);)

Looking forward to hear from you guys!

Hi Tsy,

Basically both system produces ionized alkaline water. The difference is what are you willing to pay for such a system. The Mavello system is a true Japanese system with 5 piece platinum n titanium plates. It is retailing at S$1388. There is a "sister" company of the Mavello producer which goes by the name of Jupiter. It is very popular in the states, europe, asia and oceanic regions. Thus it the leading water ionizer manufacturer in terms of volume and technology. A check on the web will indicate the prices in SG is far cheaper than that of similar models in the rest of the world.

KYK on the other hand has only 2 system to show which is the genesis at S$2188 (5 plates) and harmony at S$1688 or something. All the talk about number 1 with only a few countries being distributed in seem really far fetched. Moreover I heard that it is not even true Korean. Assemble in Korea - yes but parts? I was tuning in on youtube and found some clips that showed a Taiwanese model named goldfox which blatantly mentioned that 1 KYY model is similar to them down to the parts inside..... I leave you to decide.

About the number of plates... generally I heard plates are already maxed out at 5 and more plates will just burn a bigger hole in the pocket. I think 7 plates are not in sg yet too.

History on the companies, Kemp Trading has been around for over 21 years.. while a check on H20lifesouce indicate about 1 year max. As such systems have quite a long life span, a reliable service provider is definitely a better bet.

Hope it helps.

Hi Tsy,

Basically both system produces ionized alkaline water. The difference is what are you willing to pay for such a system. The Mavello system is a true Japanese system with 5 piece platinum n titanium plates. It is retailing at S$1388. There is a "sister" company of the Mavello producer which goes by the name of Jupiter. It is very popular in the states, europe, asia and oceanic regions. Thus it the leading water ionizer manufacturer in terms of volume and technology. A check on the web will indicate the prices in SG is far cheaper than that of similar models in the rest of the world.

KYK on the other hand has only 2 system to show which is the genesis at S$2188 (5 plates) and harmony at S$1688 or something. All the talk about number 1 with only a few countries being distributed in seem really far fetched. Moreover I heard that it is not even true Korean. Assemble in Korea - yes but parts? I was tuning in on youtube and found some clips that showed a Taiwanese model named goldfox which blatantly mentioned that 1 KYY model is similar to them down to the parts inside..... I leave you to decide.

About the number of plates... generally I heard plates are already maxed out at 5 and more plates will just burn a bigger hole in the pocket. I think 7 plates are not in sg yet too.

History on the companies, Kemp Trading has been around for over 21 years.. while a check on H20lifesouce indicate about 1 year max. As such systems have quite a long life span, a reliable service provider is definitely a better bet.

Hope it helps.

Hi gkbt,

Thanks for the explanation. ;)

Here's some updates about KYK from the dealers in Bt Merah:

o Been in Sg market from April 2008 only

o 7 plates : Already in Sg, selling for ~$3K, claim that 7 plates=more surface area to ionize water=faster water flow

o launching their upmarket tap-design model (ie filter box under sink model) sometime in Oct 2009.

o 2 filters (vs Mavello 1 filter), each costing $125 to change. One lasts approx 1 year, the other filter lasts approx 2 years, based on usage of ~10L water per day.

Hi gkbt,

Thanks for the explanation. ;)

Here's some updates about KYK from the dealers in Bt Merah:

o Been in Sg market from April 2008 only

o 7 plates : Already in Sg, selling for ~$3K, claim that 7 plates=more surface area to ionize water=faster water flow

o launching their upmarket tap-design model (ie filter box under sink model) sometime in Oct 2009.

o 2 filters (vs Mavello 1 filter), each costing $125 to change. One lasts approx 1 year, the other filter lasts approx 2 years, based on usage of ~10L water per day.

Hi tsy,

Thanks for the input, I remembered going for the grand opening on Sept last year. Whether they started earlier, i'm not so sure.

In regards to surface area, I dun think adding the number of plates or increasing the size of plates just for the sake of more surface area. Its akin in the past where supercomputers took up 1 whole entire floor, if they need more power, another floor? that's was very impractical ... Now that same power is in one personal desktop. So it is through true R&D and miniaturization that make a product smaller yet more efficient. Bigger is not better... unless its sale haha

I am looking forward to see their new undersink system, hope to see some variety, the Jupiter Delphi cost S$3750 in States while here cost $2888 which is already a steal. Let hope they can price it lower.... more competition.... haha

Er 10L of water a day? I think that is a very conservative figure. A standard family size of 4 that drinks 3L of water a day would consume 12L a day, that is not inclusive of the water they use to cook etc. There is not really a need for 2 filters. If I am not wrong, 1 of their filter is to soften the water, which is good for country with hard water (high minerals) like US, Europe etc, but Singapore is not hard water so there is not a need for it... plus it increases the recurring cost to maintain the system...

Do consider some aspects like history, service records, local certifications before buying the product, if I am not wrong, its a "life time" (10 - 20 years) commitment when u get such a system.

Cheers

Edited by gkbt