Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sooch

Water Filters

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
anyone install either the jupiter or kyk? can share experiences?

Basically Jupiter installation by Kemp Trading is fuss free and extremely neat. The installers are very professional and make sure you are comfortable before any work is done. Furthermore they are able to explain the uses of the system and are able to provide additional information when queried.

Do consider some aspect such as service support and age of the company before getting an water ionizer.

Do email them at sales@jupiter.com.sg to inquire more about the system or ask for pictures of the setup.

Cheers!

Guest Goobii
Hi gkbt,

Thanks for the explanation. ;)

Here's some updates about KYK from the dealers in Bt Merah:

o Been in Sg market from April 2008 only

o 7 plates : Already in Sg, selling for ~$3K, claim that 7 plates=more surface area to ionize water=faster water flow

o launching their upmarket tap-design model (ie filter box under sink model) sometime in Oct 2009.

o 2 filters (vs Mavello 1 filter), each costing $125 to change. One lasts approx 1 year, the other filter lasts approx 2 years, based on usage of ~10L water per day.

Hi just to update...

I went to KYK to check out their water filter and unfortunately they do not have the under mount sink filter and current only had the Genesis KYK25000/30000, although I agreed with you that they using 2filter better than a single fliter and their impressive presentation as compare to the sale person in KEMP.

I also went to KEMP and take a look at their SUPER CHIO chrome Delphi but the price of it plus the function mode is not practical. Price wise is also SUPER expensive.

This is the price for the water filter... UPDATED: 26th Oct 2009

KYK model: @ Along Jalan Bt Merah , No 10 Jln Kilang #01-01

Genesis KYK25000/30000 = $2199 (Made In Korea) but WON many award from USA / FRANCE / JAPAN & KOREA

KEMP mode: @ International Plaza #02-86

Mavello TOYO = $1388 (Made In Japan)

Jupiter Alphopn JP109 - $1688 (Made In Korea)

Jupiter Delphi (Under Sink) = $2888 (Made In Korea)

Hi just to update...

I went to KYK to check out their water filter and unfortunately they do not have the under mount sink filter and current only had the Genesis KYK25000/30000, although I agreed with you that they using 2filter better than a single fliter and their impressive presentation as compare to the sale person in KEMP.

I also went to KEMP and take a look at their SUPER CHIO chrome Delphi but the price of it plus the function mode is not practical. Price wise is also SUPER expensive.

This is the price for the water filter... UPDATED: 26th Oct 2009

KYK model: @ Along Jalan Bt Merah , No 10 Jln Kilang #01-01

Genesis KYK25000/30000 = $2199 (Made In Korea) but WON many award from USA / FRANCE / JAPAN & KOREA

KEMP mode: @ International Plaza #02-86

Mavello TOYO = $1388 (Made In Japan)

Jupiter Alphopn JP109 - $1688 (Made In Korea)

Jupiter Delphi (Under Sink) = $2888 (Made In Korea)

Hi Goobii,

Using 2 filters just make your cost go up more than necessary. If water in Singapore is clean for drinking, then I do not see why the need to have 2 filters. I was told by KYK that the system will shutdown once one of the filters life span is up and you cannot use the system until you reset the system, not sure if this is true but I guess you guys can tell me more.

KYK2500 should be $2199 but 3000? I think is should be more exp... close to S$3k? If thats the case, then the chrome under sink counter dun seem to expensive after all.

I am not sure who you talked to Kemp but I was -rovided with all the information needed to make my decision when I visited Kemp while I got "shifty" eyes and unanswered questions. Further checks on the web led me to find out more "intersting facts" about KYK which you can find below.

If you are comparing about awards of the factory maybe you can look at this site by their agent in US.

Emco Tech

Lastly the reason why I did not choose KYK is the price being too expensive compared to a similar and "possibly" a better brand. The servicing concern is much to think for as well, as the system is meant to last 20years, I would trust a company with a proven track record. Likewise with a reno company. No record, no talk. If I am not wrong, H20lifesource is doing distributorship plans, which amounts to somewhat like MLM. A friend of mind told me that there was certain pressure to buy after the talks... not sure if this is true, I would give some discount to that... still there is some concerns here.....

In a nutshell, go to the shop which make u the most comfortable in this few areas.

1)Price

2)Quality

3)Track Record

Hope it helps.. Cheers

Edited by gkbt

Guest Goobii

Thanks .. great info ...

We are now looking at Cleansui (Made In Japan) Since 1984 and they are the 1st brand to invent water filtration system.

http://www.btbtrading.com/Cleansui/cleansu...sui%20info.html

May plan to get their water filtration which is smaller in size and cheaper than KYK or Kemp

anyone using this?

al001_all.jpg

Price: $1,399.90

or this?

AL680%20main%20W%20NEW.jpg

Price: $2,399.90

Same usage and is made in japan since 1984.

Customer Service Hotline: 65-9125 1984

Mailing Address:

BTB Trading Pte Ltd

22 Woodlands Walk, Woodlands East Industrial Estate,

Singapore 738390.

Mobile : (65) 9125 1984

Fax: (65) 6759 8843

Edited by Goobii

Guest Goobii

This is the price for the Alkaline-ionizer.jpgwater filter... UPDATED: 26th Oct 2009

KYK model: @ Along Jalan Bt Merah , No 10 Jln Kilang #01-01 - H2O Pte Ltd

http://www.h2olifesource.com/

Genesis KYK25000 = $2199 (Made In Korea) but WON many award from USA / FRANCE / JAPAN & KOREA, Bigger but nice with touch button look like those red flower model fridge and washing machine from LG. (2filter)

Genesis KYK30000 = $2799 (Made In Korea) 7Platinum Plate, GOLD YELLOW & White color. The TOP notch product for KYK.

KEMP model: @ International Plaza #02-86 - KEMP Pte Ltd

http://www.jupiterionizers.com/

Mavello TOYO = $1388 (Made In Japan) but look like taiwan or china products. (1filter)

Jupiter Alphopn JP109 - $1688 (Made In Korea) look nicer but very plastic looking and squarish. Gray colour & Very Plastic button. (1filter)

Jupiter Delphi (Under Sink) = $2888 (Made In Korea) very very chio but expensive & plus the function mode is not practical. (1filter)

Cleansui model: @ 22 Woodlands Walk, Woodlands East Industrial Estate, BTB Trading Pte Ltd

AL001GR = Introductory Price: $1399.90 with Free transformer worth $300 with purchase now (Made In Japan) Smaller & more compact. (1filter)

AL680 = $2399 (Made In Japan) Smaller and look cuter than the DELPHI model. Stainless steel too. Mount UNDERSINK , look like japan products. (1filter)

Edited by Goobii

This is the price for the Alkaline-ionizer.jpgwater filter... UPDATED: 26th Oct 2009

KYK model: @ Along Jalan Bt Merah , No 10 Jln Kilang #01-01 - H2O Pte Ltd

http://www.h2olifesource.com/

Genesis KYK25000/30000 = $2199 (Made In Korea) but WON many award from USA / FRANCE / JAPAN & KOREA, Bigger but nice with touch button look like those red or gold flower model fridge and washing machine from LG. (2filter)

KEMP model: @ International Plaza #02-86 - KEMP Pte Ltd

http://www.jupiterionizers.com/

Mavello TOYO = $1388 (Made In Japan) but look like taiwan or china products. (1filter)

Jupiter Alphopn JP109 - $1688 (Made In Korea) look nicer but very plastic looking and squarish. Gray colour & Very Plastic button. (1filter)

Jupiter Delphi (Under Sink) = $2888 (Made In Korea) very very chio but expensive & plus the function mode is not practical. (1filter)

Cleansui model: @ 22 Woodlands Walk, Woodlands East Industrial Estate, BTB Trading Pte Ltd

AL001GR = Introductory Price: $1399.90 with Free transformer worth $300 with purchase now (Made In Japan) Smaller & more compact. (1filter)

AL680 = $2399 (Made In Japan) Smaller and look cuter than the DELPHI model. Stainless steel too. Mount UNDERSINK , look like japan products. (1filter)

er I check cleansui before buying kemp, cleansui is only a 3 plate system + u need an external transformer to manage the power source... very troublesome. The only one that is the ionizer would be the 1st picture. The undersink unit is not an ionizer... I personally prefer getting a system from a factory which specilaized in it rather than a group making all kinds of stuff...

KYK3000 is $2799 if I am not wrong...

Guest Goobii
er I check cleansui before buying kemp, cleansui is only a 3 plate system + u need an external transformer to manage the power source... very troublesome. The only one that is the ionizer would be the 1st picture. The undersink unit is not an ionizer... I personally prefer getting a system from a factory which specilaized in it rather than a group making all kinds of stuff...

KYK3000 is $2799 if I am not wrong...

AL001GR : http://www.btbtrading.com/Cleansui/product...top_AL001gr.htm

AL001-counter-setup.jpg

AL680 : http://www.btbtrading.com/Cleansui/product...nizer-AL680.htm

AL680_connection.jpg

Edited by Goobii

Thks Goobii for the update.

Seem Cleansui has an undersink as well.

But the installation is "super" complicated with all the numbers... If I am not wrong they still require an external transformer to convert the power from Japan to Singapore which is very inconvenient... Not as chio as Delphi... for the price... might as well spend a bit more.... but thats me.

Will update on the pricing when i go pick up my filters at Kemp

hi all i bought this Tami microbar.

http://www.tami.com.sg/tamifamily.htm

tried it at my friend's place for a week n its really refreshing.

bowel movements r so much easier n the skin is glowing more.

i like it also for the non-complicated installation which the company will do.

u can also try to ask for 12months installaments which i did. abt $175 a month.

hi all i bought this Tami microbar.

http://www.tami.com.sg/tamifamily.htm

tried it at my friend's place for a week n its really refreshing.

bowel movements r so much easier n the skin is glowing more.

i like it also for the non-complicated installation which the company will do.

u can also try to ask for 12months installaments which i did. abt $175 a month.

Hi newnyew,

Seems fuss free if you like a hot & cold system.

This is something Alkaline ionized water is unable to give at this point of time, so I guess its a tradeoff.. However I still think a water technology that is endorsed by the ministry of health in Japan and S.Korea would be bear much heavier weight especially for health reasons. This was the reason why I choose alkaline water.

will post some of my findings here later...

Hi newnyew,

Seems fuss free if you like a hot & cold system.

This is something Alkaline ionized water is unable to give at this point of time, so I guess its a tradeoff.. However I still think a water technology that is endorsed by the ministry of health in Japan and S.Korea would be bear much heavier weight especially for health reasons. This was the reason why I choose alkaline water.

will post some of my findings here later...

haha yup thats is also one of the reason i got this, dun need to boil water :D

most machines come with normal temp water but this tami got adjustable temp for both icy cold n boiling hot water.

i guess i trust this is becos i tried it before n it works.

i will definitely suggest to anyone wanting to buy any filters to test them for a few days n see if it works on ur body :)

haha yup thats is also one of the reason i got this, dun need to boil water :D

most machines come with normal temp water but this tami got adjustable temp for both icy cold n boiling hot water.

i guess i trust this is becos i tried it before n it works.

i will definitely suggest to anyone wanting to buy any filters to test them for a few days n see if it works on ur body :)

Hi newnyew,

went to their website, cant seem to see how it actually benefits the body... no info and literature...

heated water is not good for the body as if water is consistantly heated.. it will not be able to bring in nutrients to the body or remove toxins effectively.. Hot + cold water system downside is also the cost price.. i will run a $ cost an see how much it cost to keep it on 24/7.

Hi newnyew,

went to their website, cant seem to see how it actually benefits the body... no info and literature...

heated water is not good for the body as if water is consistantly heated.. it will not be able to bring in nutrients to the body or remove toxins effectively.. Hot + cold water system downside is also the cost price.. i will run a $ cost an see how much it cost to keep it on 24/7.

seriously i also dunno how good the tami is for others but as long as it works for both me n hubby thats more than enough :D

he goes to the toilet at least 3 times a day which he loves!

as for me, i used to go only once every few days but now its at least once a day which im not complaining.

but now that u mentioned abt the constant boiling part, i also started to think abt the nutrients part.

usually i only drink the cold part. boiling part is only used for making teas n coffees.

maybe i have to research more on that as well.

gkbt, did u read this page? it seems too technical for me liao! haha...

http://www.tami.com.sg/technology.htm

Edited by newnyew

Guest Goobii

Hi,

We bought AL680, after much much consideration. We would strongly recommend for it if you are looking for undersink mounting with Alkaine ION and yet simple to use but not the most expensive. After much talking to the promoter and read up in internet we found out that the country CHINA is actually going to tie down a package with the CLEANSUI for their water filtration system. Therefore we believe since CHINA can tie down a MAJOR package for their system. I believe their products deserve a credit and trust in their system.

Anyway this brand CLEANSUI is everywhere in singapore... like BEST DENKI, TANG, TAKA, CAREFOUR (New Place) ... which double assure me that even these BIG shopping areas DARE to bring in and consign so many stock and so deserve my confirmation to purchase it.

Kemp only place selling it is at Tanjong pagar while KYK is a Jalan Bukit merah... 5,10,20years down the road.... I not sure if this two company will still be around or maybe they moved or close down. While btbtrading their CLEANSUI is everywhere even though their STORE house is at WOODLAND.

Anyway we visited their WOODLAND store house and was told that their sale person and in-charge are send to JAPAN for some further training and meeting for this CLEANSUI products. We purposely askied a few of the saleman from Best Denki and even Taka & Tangs. They too inform us that the main sale person in-charge is in JAPAN. Which mean this product is really from JAPAN and not just any other products that any small company can bring in to singapore to market it.

The sale person in BEST DENKI and Taka even inform us honesty that their commission is very very little that is why they don't really want to promote it unless someone really want to buy it or is a Japanese. So the price is not inflated but at least quite standard @ a premium COST

So... for our final conclusion....

CLEANSUI~!

AL680

http://www.btbtrading.com/Cleansui/product...nizer-AL680.htm

Edited by Goobii