Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mwerkz

10mm Or 12mm Tempered Glass Panel

My glass door person was suggesting to me that he can do a full height (measured 2.57m) for 2 fixed panels and a sliding panel and it's 10mm thick, so i was thinking is it really safe? Plus my house has very strong wind coming in, so i would like to seek an opinion here. ^^

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My glass door person was suggesting to me that he can do a full height (measured 2.57m) for 2 fixed panels and a sliding panel and it's 10mm thick, so i was thinking is it really safe? Plus my house has very strong wind coming in, so i would like to seek an opinion here. ^^

it will be flimsy or wobble u may call it. 2.57m is too long for 10mm glass just as what the above mentioned, all is true.

it will be flimsy or wobble u may call it. 2.57m is too long for 10mm glass just as what the above mentioned, all is true.

Hi, thanks for replying. So just want to ask if i am doing a full height, it must be at least 12mm right? Or am i better off doing a parition on top for a 10mm one? But then again, doing a partition might take a bit more time.=/

Edited by SYTan

Hi, thanks for replying. So just want to ask if i am doing a full height, it must be at least 12mm right? Or am i better off doing a parition on top for a 10mm one? But then again, doing a partition might take a bit more time.=/

preferbly 12mm or more. You can do what ever thickness you want, it's at your own risk. Doing a partition on top of it, i do not know if the price will make a big diff. but if you are doing the partition and 10mm on top of it and i assume the glass's max height is 1 meter in length, it would be fairly safe enough.

preferbly 12mm or more. You can do what ever thickness you want, it's at your own risk. Doing a partition on top of it, i do not know if the price will make a big diff. but if you are doing the partition and 10mm on top of it and i assume the glass's max height is 1 meter in length, it would be fairly safe enough.

acctually 12mm might not be safer than 10mm. cos 12mm is heavy. if someone leans on it. i think it'll break even easier? my ID advise not more den 2.4m height for glass panel. so i doing a partition on top to support my 2.4m height glass