Hi all

as commonly discussed amongst us

just wana knw if there are any post GSS sales on above mentioned items

other items also welcome

so far only knw iwannagohome having sale and also went to IMM

any others?

thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I think going for items that are discounted is not an ideal way to get household appliances that u are going to use for at least a year and more. Durability should be one of the top factors in your consideration, subject to your purchasing power.

Set a budget for each item or an overall budget for all the items u need, then proceed from there. It's your own house in which you & your family going to live in & hopefully merrily - no one is gonna spoon feed u FOC.

granted that discounted items are not ideal, but example if i wana buy a Hitachi fridge which is SGD900 as quoted by lets say shop A

and Shop B is around SGD870

would you still wana buy from shop A then discounting the distance?

isn the purpose of this forum to inform and advise as well?

i am simply asking if there are shops having post GSS sales

not items per se

no shop no item right?

define durability

if i buy a hitachi fridge 900sgd

or a panasonic fridge 820sgd

similar design and electricity savings

would i know how durable the item is? or predict?

a discounted item may last even longer than a non-discounted one

starting this thread was a convenient and a quick fix way for me as i only have weekends to shop. and my wtb wants the reno asap, which is tough considering overseas travels etc. Many of our necessary appliances have been bought, just wanted to see good deals as well

anyway if i did inconvenience anybody, please accept my most humble apologies as i did not expect any spoon feeding FOC

Edited by SmartFool

Sheesh, u sound like I am berating u, which is not my intention but your interpretation. I meant to say doing your own research using the reach & sheer computing power of Google is the most optimal way to source for those items - almost everyone is busy with the renovation, furnishing & moving of their own house. So relying on forums sometimes waste your precious time which you are evidently experiencing.

In addition, one must visit to the right forum for information on sales. Bear in mind sales are held for consumer items that have big fat profit margin meaning the retailer is able to obtain those items on sales on relatively low costing or the distro is providing them with a sales target that will yield bonus upon hitting the volume. No business will sell their products/services below their corresponding costs - it flies against the face of modern economics.

As such, I rather go for retailers who can offer the lowest prices, for eg Goh Ah Bee, Kong Tai. Give them a call for home electrical appliances. They offer the lowest prices from the list of retailers I've called to enquire prices on Rinnai hob, Fujioh hood & storage water heater. Your fiancee can help you with this, right?

Edited by DSA