Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ilmare612

Ceiling Fan Versus Standing/tower Fan

My FH have been most accommodating in meeting my requirement for our future home. Let just say he is quite a 'qing chai' person that goes with the flow as long as the price tag doesn't raise his brows. Familiar? I believe this must be very common among most couples.

However, there is one particular thing which he is quite insistent in getting...which I dread. It's a ceiling fan for our living room. I have always been a tower fan kinda gal as I find them more sleek and modern. Now...

anyone out there can please:-

1. Tell me the pros and cons of a ceiling fan and tower fan

2. Share some modern and decent looking fan with me on this thread to further convince me that a ceiling fan does not just belong to a school classroom in the 60s/70s/80s? hehehehe

Cheers

Edited by ilmare612

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

never own one in my life..how to clean??..at least for my 4 standing fans at home..i can wash it regularly, cover, blades and all...but ceiling fan??

never own one in my life..how to clean??..at least for my 4 standing fans at home..i can wash it regularly, cover, blades and all...but ceiling fan??

I know. You belong to my league but my FH..... :bangwall:

Tower fan, nice but no wind. Difficult to clean also.

Ceiling fan, must have for me. Does not take up floor space and easy to clean, just use a cloth and wipe.

Tower fan, nice but no wind. Difficult to clean also.

Ceiling fan, must have for me. Does not take up floor space and easy to clean, just use a cloth and wipe.

Hi thanks for your reply. Care to share brand/type & price of your fan? Upi have any nearer picture of your fan?

Hi thanks for your reply. Care to share brand/type & price of your fan? Upi have any nearer picture of your fan?

My ceiling fan is from Crestar, gunmetal colour, can see from the link in my signature. Rest of the house all KDK standing fan.

My ceiling fan is from Crestar, gunmetal colour, can see from the link in my signature. Rest of the house all KDK standing fan.

Cool...I did went to your site earlier to see but not clear lor. Nonetheless, thanks. Any reason why you din't choose a KDK for your livving room?

to clean a ceiling fan, you need a step ladder, a damp cloth and depending on how much dust is involved, newspapers or maybe can even use a vacuum cleaner.

ceiling fans circulates wind ard the room much more efficiently than a standing fan. but here at home, we have both :)

to clean a ceiling fan, you need a step ladder, a damp cloth and depending on how much dust is involved, newspapers or maybe can even use a vacuum cleaner.

ceiling fans circulates wind ard the room much more efficiently than a standing fan. but here at home, we have both :)

Wow...seems like a real challenge. Perhaps I am a 'visual person'. Thus, the ceiling fan did not appeal to me. Sigh... You have picture or model of your ceiling fan? Perhaps I can see how it looks.

my neighbour had a ceiling fan. Strangely when I go into his house, I don't notice his ceiling fan that much.

Ceiling fan is very powerful and has wide coverage. Standing fan is more hassle to clean IMO. If u say ceiling fan is O-Biang, standing fan can also be quite O-Biang looking too. Tower fan is definitely a NONO, no wind at all..

i have 3 ceiling fans at home

one in the living, one in the dining and one in my room

personally i prefer it over stand fan as

1. doesn't take up floor space (easier to sweep and mop)

2. circulate air much more efficiently

ceiling fan in room

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...;showentry=3241

ceiling fan in dining

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...;showentry=3288

I can't survived without a ceiling fan! It is the best ventilating fan among the rest. Does not take up floor space. Easy to clean since only 3 to 5 blades to wipe.

If you don't like the look of ceiling fan, get a simple design in white to blend into the white ceiling.

how often to clean the ceiling fan..two side of the blades..? i clean standing fan average once in 1.5 months...

to clear away the coffee table, drag the ladder...clean and make sure dun fall off the ladder.....then keep the ladder and push back the coffee table...OMG...hehe..

standing fan is obiang indeed...but at least portable..need not 'affect' everyone, can jus focus on one area or a particular 'warm' person. IMO

Wow...seems like a real challenge. Perhaps I am a 'visual person'. Thus, the ceiling fan did not appeal to me. Sigh... You have picture or model of your ceiling fan? Perhaps I can see how it looks.

27072008356.jpg

lights off

27072008355.jpg

lights on..with my standing fan in the background :)

i wish i could give you a better picture to see how the fan looks like in the room but it's Sunday and I hv not done any chores and i have a naked baby sleeping on the floor lol.

i don't know what brand this is, we went to a store at balestier at the recommendation of our ID and bought all our lights and this ceiling fan from there. Think we got hookwinked though..paid $400+ for this.

my neighbour has a ceiling fan in their bedroom, which is a pretty good idea but our bed is quite high and the ceiling is low, and i don't want my kid(s) to lose their heads :P

so on nights that are not too warm, the standing fan suffices. Mistral is quite strong and has good circulation but the base vibrates quite a bit and is quite noisy (to me, doesn't bother the husband a bit). can't say the same about my PowerPac fan that is all sleek and stainless-steely but no power liddat.