Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ilmare612

Ceiling Fan Versus Standing/tower Fan

how often to clean the ceiling fan..two side of the blades..? i clean standing fan average once in 1.5 months...

to clear away the coffee table, drag the ladder...clean and make sure dun fall off the ladder.....then keep the ladder and push back the coffee table...OMG...hehe..

standing fan is obiang indeed...but at least portable..need not 'affect' everyone, can jus focus on one area or a particular 'warm' person. IMO

well we stand on the coffee table and clean the fan

so it's really easy and convenient

just take a piece of wet kitchen towel or a piece of wet cloth

wipe wipe a bit settle liao :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all, well from this topic you can really tell there are two sides of the preferrence. The ceiling fan vs the tower fan group :P

Your reply does makes a difference to me as I have kinda 'visualise' how my case is going to be. Some of your fans has really open up my eyes to the wide range of designs and selection. Fans with lightings is definitely a no-no for me cos the shawdow from the vibrating light and fan makes me spin. :jawdrop:

Guessed perhaps the best camouflage for me is to perhaps have a white fan that blends into the colour of my ceiling, so that I will not even see it. kekeke Haiz.... :drunk:

my living room light is dangling kind..so not able to instal ceiling fan. i like nice dangling lights in dining room too....so also not able to have ceiling fan. either way..i dun like ceiling fan.. :P

Fans with lightings is definitely a no-no for me cos the shawdow from the vibrating light and fan makes me spin. :jawdrop:

well the lights are below the fan so no shadow

when properly installed the fan/light should not vibrate

so far no such problem at all :yamseng:

well it never occured to me not to get a ceiling fan without lights. lol. the 'pendant' design allows for easy on and off, my parents hv a fan with the 'hamburger' light and everytime u pull the string to either on/off the light or change the fan speed it always feels like you're going to pull down the light.

no vibration, and we don't use the light very often anyways so i don't know about the shadows casted on the ceiling. i don't look up lol.

i mean, if i had a choice, i would hv gone for a nice breezy flat where there is no need for fans..so yeah.

can add 1 more group

the industrial fan group

me and my WTB are fans of industrial fans

u knw those sitting on the ground and the blow upwards with huge rotors

hehe

but nt very cheap also

went to Best Denki on sat walau so ex also

took me a while to debate if i shld get a ceiling fan or not. i'm glad i choose to.

actually, wif wider choices of colours n designs on the market now, i feel it's no longer a very ugly thing to have in the hse (which is a concern to a lot of hse owners).

can add 1 more group

the industrial fan group

hehe

but nt very cheap also

me have one of that at home too

great for gatherings when there is many people

but really cold if use in proximity :unsure:

can add 1 more group

the industrial fan group

hehe

but nt very cheap also

those are called as circular fans. the only type of fan that can dissipate heat.

the real industrial fans you see in kopitiams and factories - they are all over 110 watts - drinking electricity.

well it never occured to me not to get a ceiling fan without lights. lol. the 'pendant' design allows for easy on and off, my parents hv a fan with the 'hamburger' light and everytime u pull the string to either on/off the light or change the fan speed it always feels like you're going to pull down the light.

no vibration, and we don't use the light very often anyways so i don't know about the shadows casted on the ceiling. i don't look up lol.

i mean, if i had a choice, i would hv gone for a nice breezy flat where there is no need for fans..so yeah.

Hi, yes. If only, Spore is less humid. I suppose getting a fan with lights can one stone kill two birds. I believed this was once upon a time very 'fashionable' and perhaps is still is...I dun know. :dunno:

took me a while to debate if i shld get a ceiling fan or not. i'm glad i choose to.

actually, wif wider choices of colours n designs on the market now, i feel it's no longer a very ugly thing to have in the hse (which is a concern to a lot of hse owners).

Hi, you have pictures of your fan to share? It will be good to know how it blends into your house design. :sport-smiley-003:

can add 1 more group

the industrial fan group

hehe

but nt very cheap also

Eh? I saw those too. There are cheaper brands nowaday. Btw, I am not trying to be funny, but those are really not safe for any of your female visitors that comes by wearing a skirt. I don't want to be in a situation to embarass a friend. Also, I think they are too bulky to be placed on the floor. I am challenging myself on a ceiling fan with a tower fan which I have been using for years. Never have the issues of being 'not strong' leh. Tower fans are so nice and sleek.

Edited by ilmare612

well maybe it feels nicer to hv a breeze around/on top of you instead of in your face? i find myself wishing for a ceiling fan in the bedroom on warmer nights coz the tower is wasting time oscillating..:P

Hi, yes. If only, Spore is less humid. I suppose getting a fan with lights can one stone kill two birds. I believed this was once upon a time very 'fashionable' and perhaps is still is...I dun know. :dunno:

Hi, you have pictures of your fan to share? It will be good to know how it blends into your house design. :sport-smiley-003:

Eh? I saw those too. There are cheaper brands nowaday. Btw, I am not trying to be funny, but those are really not safe for any of your female visitors that comes by wearing a skirt. I don't want to be in a situation to embarass a friend. Also, I think they are too bulky to be placed on the floor. I am challenging myself on a ceiling fan with a tower fan which I have been using for years. Never have the issues of being 'not strong' leh. Tower fans are so nice and sleek.

here u go ilmare612 (at least i think it blends....hahahaha...)

p1010457zx3.th.jpg

p1010464kw6.th.jpg

p1010475mu2.th.jpg

i used to hv a ceiling fan in my previous hse,.....and i must say it looks good and most impt, the air is well circulated and much much cooling!

now, i will be having ceiling fan in my new hse,...at least wish tohv a ceiling fan in the living room....cos it's really GOOD!