Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Air

Where To Get Plastic Full Length Mirrors?

Hi, I've heard ppl mentioning abt plastic mirrors, which are less heavy and less prone to shatter.

I'm looking for full length ones but no idea where to get it...been searching a few shops but seems none carries it....IKEA definitely doesn't have....

Any kind advice on where to get such mirrrors?!? :)

Edited by Air

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi air

are they also known as acrylic mirrors?

can try this webby if it is

www.dama.com.sg/a.htm

I think so...thanks for the webby! Will call and ask :)

good luck!

whats the px diff for the mirrors?

any idea?

My hubby just called them and they quoted $78 for a 1.2m by 1.8m mirror....

from the measurement, I think it's quite big....but not sure how the pricing is like.....$78 would sound reasonable for such measurement?? :unsure:

They have free delivery for orders above $300 otherwise got to carry back ourselves....probably will go down to take a look this week or the next :)

hey Air

thanks for the update

din knw Dama's pxs at all but for the dimensions, 78 bucks sounds reasonable

do update on the quality after ur hubby gets it

thanks!!

My hubby just called them and they quoted $78 for a 1.2m by 1.8m mirror....

from the measurement, I think it's quite big....but not sure how the pricing is like.....$78 would sound reasonable for such measurement?? :unsure:

They have free delivery for orders above $300 otherwise got to carry back ourselves....probably will go down to take a look this week or the next :)

Hi Air,

Do you have any photo of the mirror that you mention? I would like to know how it looks like as i'm looking for a mirror to place it in my living room. Thanks!

Hi Air,

Do you have any photo of the mirror that you mention? I would like to know how it looks like as i'm looking for a mirror to place it in my living room. Thanks!

I don't have the photo as I haven't gone down yet...you can visit the website that smartfool gave earlier :)

Me and my hubby discussed yesterday....actually we had wanted to get 2 pieces....for our gym room ma,...hehe...:P but then 1.2m by 1.8m looks like already quite big....so probably might be going for just one....anyway we'll see how when we see the actual size....

We had wanted to put up a normal glass mirror...but one of my friends mentioned that for such a big piece, glass mirror will be v heavy and most likely need to drill, if nvr put up properly and it falls, it's gonna be very dangerous......acrylic ones are lighter....you also need lesser strength to put up the mirror...that's what my friend told me lar...that's why we decided to go for acrylic ones...actually i didn't know such mirrors exist until he told me...:dunno:

normal glass mirror is restricted to like 8 feet coz there's a max size they make mirror. And also need to consider the factor of bringing it up to the unit. Lift cannot fit in, and also the higher risk of chipping and breakage. Coz once chipped, they have to replace the entire piece=$$$.

Plastic mirror disadvantage is it's more prone to scratches.

I'm also interested in using plastic mirror as well... cheaper is the key!

normal glass mirror is restricted to like 8 feet coz there's a max size they make mirror. And also need to consider the factor of bringing it up to the unit. Lift cannot fit in, and also the higher risk of chipping and breakage. Coz once chipped, they have to replace the entire piece=$$$.

Plastic mirror disadvantage is it's more prone to scratches.

I'm also interested in using plastic mirror as well... cheaper is the key!

Actually i'm concerned if plastic mirrors will look duller cos not as high shine as normal mirrors...

oh i haven't considered the lift factor...thanks for bringing it up! :)

yes! the cheaper factor is very impt! :notti:

That's an interesting idea. But how are we going to stick it on the wall then?

I've thought abt this but haven't asked the person yet....I was thinking of buying those 3M velcros cos i used them to stick my painting to the walls too?!? not sure if can withstand the mirror weight though....:unsure:

Perhaps I shd check with them on the weight first...

Edited by Air

probably can mount onto a frame and then install it

since just sticking to the wall may look ugly

thats wat i thought

erm...but i dun want a framed mirror leh...i want a seamless one....:P

shall go check out what the max weight the 3M velcros can hold...