Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mmycheng

Mandy & Lincoln - Renovating Our First Home

i am sure there are hiccups that bond to happen one.. but it's part of the reno process, what matter the most is the ID can solve the problems. =)

oh, abt the stove - heard my future FIL briefly said that it's for the "xie tu" ceremony, suppose to light the stove and walk over it or something on the day of moving in.. then have to use the stove to cook something and everyone in the household to eat from it. it's for "huat huat" one. think it's this kind of traditional stove that she's referring to..

final_renov_002.jpg

i may not have remembered the exact, may some fellow forumers can shed some light too?

FWAH! the pot looks very power! Let's hope my mom's pot will be similar...if bigger then I'll be doing a firewalk! Maybe for the food part, I can use it for satay? Muhahaha! :rofl:

Don't worry pinkpetter...if this is a common traditional practice, dun think my neighbours will get the wrong idea...if really appear on STOMP, we'll have a good laugh! hehe :P

Edited by mmycheng

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
FWAH! the pot looks very power! Let's hope my mom's pot will be similar...if bigger then I'll be doing a firewalk! Maybe for the food part, I can use it for satay? Muhahaha! :rofl:

Don't worry pinkpetter...if this is a common traditional practice, dun think my neighbours will get the wrong idea...if really appear on STOMP, we'll have a good laugh! hehe :P

mmycheng,

tell me when u doing your fire walk and i walk over and be one of your paparazzis.. Educational mah for all our newbies... :notti:

hi mmcheng

for my *move-in* ritual,.....i also got that traditional fire pot,.....and also, we had pine-apple, huat-cake, orange.....then we boil a pot of hot water using that traditional fire-pot......keke :)

then, we also got hang the *red* cloth at my main entrance......:)

we just follow instructions lor.....keke :)

hi mmcheng

for my *move-in* ritual,.....i also got that traditional fire pot,.....and also, we had pine-apple, huat-cake, orange.....then we boil a pot of hot water using that traditional fire-pot......keke :)

Seems like.... a bit troublesome hor... but heng not I do. lol Red cloth hang for how long?

hi mmcheng

Jessie, what did you use the pineapple and oranges for? What does huat-cake look like? Alamak...I sound so suaku... :unsure:

mmycheng,

tell me when u doing your fire walk and i walk over and be one of your paparazzis.. Educational mah for all our newbies... :notti:

Sure sure... my mom changed the date to 21st Nov liao...

My ID told me today that she changed our wallpaper to a different design cos the previous design we chose would mean having to crop the patterns halfway. She's pretty good with such designs and colour coordination stuff so I give her a lot of independence there. Anyway, to cut a long story short, she now has to import the wallpaper from overseas so the installation can only be done on 3 Nov. Means handover earliest is 4 Nov. No problems lah...there's still ample time to get the cleaners in before I move my stuff.

I tot the huat cake is the big brown cupcake? LOL

Oh the one that looks like a big muffin! I know which one then... :P

Edited by mmycheng

Hi all, after a bit of prodding...my ID set her helpers to work... a bit more done compared to last week's dismal situation. Haha :D

Here's my kitchen sink installed (tap still awaiting overseas delivery)

CIMG1902.jpg

Black glass backing for kitchen...I wanted the whole backing near the hood to be covered tho...told my ID and she will be checking on that.

CIMG1901.jpg

At least a bit more done for the carpentry for the MBR toilet vanity top

CIMG1898.jpg

MBR toilet shower screen....i wonder if it's too short cos we will be installing a rainshower system...hmm???

CIMG1896.jpg

Black glass backing **** rm feature wall (left with wallpaper to be installed)

CIMG1889.jpg

Another one of my favourite parts! :notti: The glass partition at the study room.

CIMG1888.jpg

Edited by mmycheng

wah the glass partition is up! NICEEE but i'm still drooling over the yellow cabinets though.

And... think the glass a bit too low for the rainshower system le.. if water splash out then.. mmm not very effective hor..

MBR toilet shower screen....i wonder if it's too short cos we will be installing a rainshower system...hmm???

CIMG1896.jpg

no leh...mine also ard same height as yours.. think standard height bah..

i also hv a rain shower that is installed higher than the shower screen.. water did not splash over leh :bath: