Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Husky

Roofing Question

I am constructing roof to enclose one of my open terrace to make it into a dinner area, and I have chosen to use those red clay tiles for the roof. I need to know if it is necessary to put heat insultation below the tiles and if i should leave the roof expose?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I take it that u are not planning to submit to BCA for planning approval? If submit, sure must put.

Red clay tile absorbs heat and will radiate heat like an oven. So it depends whether got direct sun roasting the roof area, or is under some huge tree. If is direct sun, it will not be comfortable sitting under it. Ceiling fan will only draw the heated air downwards. Clay roof not popular now cos after a while.. black/green algae will grow, and make it look real ugly. Take a look at Downtown East now..

Did the same thing as well. The contractor fixed heat insulation as a matter of course. Makes a real difference. Better to have.

Btw my roofing guys were also the mezzanine floor contractors. You should talk to your guy...

I am constructing roof to enclose one of my open terrace to make it into a dinner area, and I have chosen to use those red clay tiles for the roof. I need to know if it is necessary to put heat insultation below the tiles and if i should leave the roof expose?

Mine is glazed roof tiles so far so good, yeah agree must put insulation.

Mine is glazed roof tiles so far so good, yeah agree must put insulation.

Thanks for the info. I will get my contractor to include the heat insulation foam..