Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mmycheng

Need To Solve Toilet Door Design Problem

Hi Porkypig,

sorry, rather new here, but what's a tic tac door? :dunno:

Hmm...Tic tac door is mostly used for feature wall where there is no handle for you to open this wall.

Usually used for bomb shelter feature wall..

If you want to open it, u just push it and this wall will open a little bit for your fingers to open it..

This is the same as some of the display cabinet glass found in furniture shops...

Hope you get what i mean... :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wow...

PD door is great...

really space saving....

tic tac door, is it the one with magnet at the 'to push' area..

push once to close and once again to open that kind?

PD door is for toilet only..

How much it cost?

Can I do same for bedroom & kitchen door?

Thanks X.H.LI & PorkyPig! Think i get what's a tic-tac door. Thought those were used for display cabinet's glass doors. Didn't know that do that for full height doors as well. :P

iReno, each pd door is $278 (with on-site msmt, installation and 1 yr warranty) or $238 for just the door without on-site, installation, warranty. Think the price also varies if you want to have more 'panels' or different designs. Also, when i called up, the sales asst mentioned that if e hv contractors installing for us, can get them to call her direct cos they have 'contractor' prices.... But I'd rather just get the pddoors ppl to install for me, save another level of 'mark-up' if u know what i mean. ;p

You can check out www.pddoors.com for more details. I personally feel that the design is more suitable for toilet/utility doors, but i think u can custom make (read top-up) to something that looks nicer andd fits ur application.

Hope the info is helpful!

ProDesign, i have almost an identical problem as you too... my toilet door swings inwards and hits the toilet bowl, no rm for sliding door.... gg for PD doors though my ID didn't recommend it initially, but after i did my research, i think i managed to 'convince' her. Hehe. Main point is can swing 180d and smaller swing radius so can swing past the toilet bowl all the way to the wall, which normal bi-fold cannot. :sport-smiley-003: *yayz!*

Why not try to have a customize door or what they call the made to order, try to find companies that offers those kind of services. There are some who would make one for you and would stick to your budget. I'm sure you'll find one.

Edited by bathroomandkitchen