Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mmycheng

Need To Solve Toilet Door Design Problem

Hi,

My toilet door is currently the bi-fold type. I want to change it because in my future toilet design, the vanity top plus sink is on the right and the glass shower screen on the left of the door.

When the door is fully opened, it currently moves rightwards and hits the vanity top. Shifting the direction of opening will result in it hitting the shower screen instead.

I can't have a sliding door either because I do not have enough wall space to allow it to slide fully to the left or right. My toilet is very small.

How else can I have a toilet door but yet not get in the way of the design?

Would appreciate ideas and inputs. Thanks! :bath:

Edited by mmycheng

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

My toilet door is currently the bi-fold type. I want to change it because in my future toilet design, the vanity top plus sink is on the right and the glass shower screen on the left of the door.

When the door is fully opened, it currently moves rightwards and hits the vanity top. Shifting the direction of opening will result in it hitting the shower screen instead.

I can't have a sliding door either because I do not have enough wall space to allow it to slide fully to the left or right. My toilet is very small.

How else can I have a toilet door but yet not get in the way of the design?

Would appreciate ideas and inputs. Thanks! :bath:

take a look at PD Door

PVC folding door or

3 panels sliding door if the entrance width of about 600mm is ok for u to get through.

take a look at PD Door

Hi Ideasmiths, what's a PD door? Thanks.

get a door that dun open inward into the toilet. meaning not a PUSH door....but rather..PULL door, open into the room.

I tried that but I can't either cos if the toilet door opens outwards, it will hit the main door to the MBR if that main door is opened. Thanks for the suggestion tho..

PVC folding door or

3 panels sliding door if the entrance width of about 600mm is ok for u to get through.

Sliding door is a possible option, I'm not sure if I even have 600mm space though. My door entrance is really narrow. Have to check. Thanks.

Edited by mmycheng

Hi Ideasmiths, what's a PD door? Thanks.

I tried that but I can't either cos if the toilet door opens outwards, it will hit the main door to the MBR if that main door is opened. Thanks for the suggestion tho..

Sliding door is a possible option, I'm not sure if I even have 600mm space though. My door entrance is really narrow. Have to check. Thanks.

Visit their website...Their showroom is @ Balestier Road...Near Hafary...

http://www.pddoor.com/

Nope.. i learnt from fellow forumers that a basic door cost ard $280..

not sure has the price gone north or not??

Ok thanks. :)

hi,

i am currently using it, very good and nice.

It is a half sliding and pushing door without the door track on the bottom.

Very space saving, you can take a look at my blog too if you want to see. Hope this help you. Cheers

i have the same problem with the poster! my vanity top is on the left, showerscreen on the right, and door opens to the right at this point, in danger of smashing my glass shower screen.

there is a stopper on the floor right now but it is really annoying & extra care is required not to open up too forcefully! i am wondering if anyone has experience of not having a toilet door in MBR?

i have the same problem with the poster! my vanity top is on the left, showerscreen on the right, and door opens to the right at this point, in danger of smashing my glass shower screen.

there is a stopper on the floor right now but it is really annoying & extra care is required not to open up too forcefully! i am wondering if anyone has experience of not having a toilet door in MBR?

I have a friend who removed all this toilet doors and did a full length feature wall. His toilet is accessible through tic tac doors.

I also have the same problem as you. But i did not put a stopper on the floor because i worried that it might damaged the water proofing protection and water may seep through underneath. And also in the long run, the stopper might come loose due to repeatable knocking against it. Thats what happen to all my office door stoppers.

Instead i put a door catch, although it wouldn't solve the problem entirely but at least it wouldn't slam towards either way if there is wind. I am also considering replacing the door at a later stage since i have paid for it.

I have decided to go for a PD door, frosted glass i think. It will slide halfway in and then open outwards.

You can either opt for the same or choose a normal glass door that opens outwards.

I have a friend who removed all this toilet doors and did a full length feature wall. His toilet is accessible through tic tac doors.

I also have the same problem as you. But i did not put a stopper on the floor because i worried that it might damaged the water proofing protection and water may seep through underneath. And also in the long run, the stopper might come loose due to repeatable knocking against it. Thats what happen to all my office door stoppers.

Instead i put a door catch, although it wouldn't solve the problem entirely but at least it wouldn't slam towards either way if there is wind. I am also considering replacing the door at a later stage since i have paid for it.

Hi Porkypig,

sorry, rather new here, but what's a tic tac door? :dunno:

my bathroom is very small... the door panel will hit the person sitting on the toilet bowl.. which could be dangerous....

so i feel like changing the door to something leh... sliding door cannot work not enuff space

i think i will move e basin out of the bathroom like the design i saw when i wen to some bali resort...

Key point: why are the toilets getting smaller and smaller!!