Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tower

My Future Hougang Flat

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

That was also the reason why I bought this unit. I have seen countless units at AMK and Hougang. Their units' condition are atrocious and with minimum carpentry work, yet they are still asking COV of $20K and more! It's quite difficult to get a unit in a good location, high floor, good reno at the same time. Thus I felt I had to secure this unit on Wed night without allowing the owner to think twice about advertising again over the weekend. There are sure bound to be viewers and offers coming in. And I did not want to start a bidding war as I felt that my offer would more or less secure this unit ultimately. Who would nowadays pay $45K COV in this current market. Even 5 yrs old Sengkang and Punggol units with fantastic reno are only asking for $15K to $25K COV. I felt that if I bought a lousy unit, even if I spent another $30K to re-do the whole house, I may not have the current feeling when I stepped into this unit. Even the agent was very surprised when he was asked to sell on the owner's behalf. He thought that he went to the wrong unit. With the amount of freebies he gave me, at least it comforted us. Now, I only hope that I can do a early completion as the interval bet my selling hse and buying hses' 1st appt is 3 weeks apart.

Edited by tower

Unit's Original Floorplan (105 sqm)

The owner previously have hacked and shifted back the kitchen wall to accomodate a dining area as you can seen from my earlier pics. Typical condo layout with ease of placing furniture and privacy for a corner unit.

636plana.jpg

nice layout,...very easy to design.

really lucky you to getthis nice unit without much reno and also with so many freebies.

good choice!

welcome to hougang gang!

Just called Aljunied town council. Apparently, the lift upgrading programme for my section of Blk 636, Hougang would only be completed in 6 to 8 mths time. Sigh...during the moving of house, the workers got to go the 9th level, then carry my bulky items 2 levels down. Think the moving charges going to be very expensive. Any forumers here got any good recommendation for movers? I have heard abt Shalom, but it seems that their charges are very expensive. Furthermore they charge $2.50 per box (20" by 16" by 16").

Lift upgrading?

Oh no..who is going to foot the bill ah?

or the previous owner already paid...

We are paying of cse. We are using it anyway. It's just a few $K to be deducted from CPF.

actually, i like the kitchen cabinets de pattern.

only the space a bit small. no place to put the stove.

They only use ONE induction cooker leh.....

but, nice place, really.

hey tower,

i hv quite a few empty boxes leh....i got it from my office for my moving hse,...but, din utilise it cos not much things.

u wan those boxes? i can pass it to you....or you wanna come ove rmy place to pick it up?

just PM me, ok?

Any forumers here got any good recommendation for movers? I have heard abt Shalom, but it seems that their charges are very expensive. Furthermore they charge $2.50 per box (20" by 16" by 16").

try The Helping Hand located along Upper Serangoon Rd. I'm not sure abt boxes as I only got them to help me moved my stuff the other time. I bought my boxes from shalom

hey tower,

i hv quite a few empty boxes leh....i got it from my office for my moving hse,...but, din utilise it cos not much things.

u wan those boxes? i can pass it to you....or you wanna come ove rmy place to pick it up?

just PM me, ok?

Jessie, it's really nice of you to offer your empty boxes. But I don't drive so it would be quite difficult for me to collect from you at Hougang and back to Sengkang. Thanks for your offer though.

actually, i like the kitchen cabinets de pattern.

only the space a bit small. no place to put the stove.

They only use ONE induction cooker leh.....

but, nice place, really.

Image00003.jpg

Yah I agree with you. The kitchen is shortage of storage cabinets, cooker hob and hood. Now I am thinking very hard how to think of a solution to get round this problem. I can't dismantle the original cabinets as they are made of expensive laminates. The space above the cabinets are not fully utilised. Does anyone have any solution?

try The Helping Hand located along Upper Serangoon Rd. I'm not sure abt boxes as I only got them to help me moved my stuff the other time. I bought my boxes from shalom

I don't really understand why does Shalom need to charge for the usage of boxes. Other transportation companies provide free boxes.