Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tower

My Future Hougang Flat

Does anyone have any recommendation for nice looking living room divider wall display? Another question, does installing a storage heater in the MBR toilet increase the water pressure as compared to installing an instant heater as I have heard several differing comments.

installing a storage heater DOES NOT increase the water pressure

it's just that you get more hot water / min compared to instant heater

e.g. water pressure to your unit is 10l/min, it will remain regardless of the heater type

but instant heater may only process 3l/min, compared to 30l for storage heater

that's why storage heater is more suitable for rainshower :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
tower ur new house looks very clean and nice! Happy shopping!! Don't burn ur pocket ok....:)

Thks. Already burnt a BIG pocket in my pocket liao when i paid the HIGH COV of $45k!

installing a storage heater DOES NOT increase the water pressure

it's just that you get more hot water / min compared to instant heater

e.g. water pressure to your unit is 10l/min, it will remain regardless of the heater type

but instant heater may only process 3l/min, compared to 30l for storage heater

that's why storage heater is more suitable for rainshower :yamseng:

I thought instant heater gives continuous hot water thru the shower head. The only advantage of storage heater is that it can provide hot/cold water for the wash basins etc if you do the necessary piping. Currently, I was quoted abt $1k for piping charges alone, bear in mind the storage heater only cost abt $300.

Edited by tower

the $1k includes replacing all existing pipes right?

the gas instant heater also can provide water to multiple points

just that normal electrical instant heater produces warm water

you'll never get scalding hot water from electrical instant heaters

think labour and material cost went up

last time excluding replacing existing pipe

each additional hot water point only cost $80 nia :dunno:

Will be putting up this Twemco wall clock in my living room. Like this retro clock for its design, large features and auto function. :-)

Twemco Wall Clock

large-clock-black.jpg

how much on ur Twemco clock Tower? Able to get it locally?

Will be putting up this Twemco wall clock in my living room. Like this retro clock for its design, large features and auto function. :-)

Twemco Wall Clock

large-clock-black.jpg

how much on ur Twemco clock Tower? Able to get it locally?

I got this clock when I played Timezone Games Arcade games for points. Exchanged it for abt 2000 points. Think I spent quite a lot before I managed to exchange for the clock. It looks exactly the same as the Twemco version.

You can try this website: revive home.com . Another location you can try is East Zing located on the 3rd floor of Marina Square. The larger one is selling for $175. The smaller version is selling for $139. There are actually quite a few colours available. Hope this helps.

Edited by tower

Got 2 designs of Winklife wall decals from East Zing @ Marina Square. Promo price: 2 packets for $135. Normal retail price is $69 per pack. Intending to paste on the toilets' walls and bedrooms to liven up the rooms.

Winklife - Jacks (Colours: Navy, Sky, Dolphin)

jacks-DI.jpg

Winklife - Spiral (Colours: Sweet, Amethyst)

spiral-DI2.jpg

Today had a hectic day handling my house moving. I engaged Elite Movers to do my moving. They were very efficient and very careful with my delicate furniture. Price quoted is reasonable considering I had 75 boxes plus other big items like beds, wardrobes etc. Their service can be comparable to Shalom Movers. Currently, all my furniture will be stored in their warehouse for a month before I shift to my new place on 27 Dec.

Very nice reno. Keep the reno since u have paid a high cov to secure the unit =) Cheers.

Moving the fridge out to the dining area seem a great idea....easier to get drinks etc....dun need to go to the kitchens....if u need a big kitchen, than must spend quite a big to redo it...quite wasted leh

Very nice reno. Keep the reno since u have paid a high cov to secure the unit =) Cheers.

Moving the fridge out to the dining area seem a great idea....easier to get drinks etc....dun need to go to the kitchens....if u need a big kitchen, than must spend quite a big to redo it...quite wasted leh

Richman,

I would not be altering any of the current flat's layout. I have also decided to get a new fridge. Either the slim Nano Titanium model from Hitachi or Baby Folio series from Mitsubishi. My wife and I don't really like the idea of shifting the fridge to the current dining area. In addition, would most probably go to IKEA to buy add-on storage cabinets that can be fitted onto the wall.

Yah, agree with the others. Don't need to do much to the house as it's very nice already. Just get some new furniture and stuff to spruce up the place can liao. :P

I'm v impressed. Great place u got, and you have selected some v nice add-ons. But wat impresses me more is 4 days after your second appointment, u are planning to move in. wow!

My second appt over last Fri, but previous owners can hand over the place only after 4-5 weeks(renovating their new place). In the mean time, I'm renting a unit 1 lorong away. But I think it will take me another month or two before I move in. Can't get my act together that fast.

Don't 'heartpain' about your COV lah, my COV $40k, also 4rm flat, but renovated 10 years ago. Condition v good cos I think wife doesn't work, no kids, so can clean house whole day. They only giving me the built-in stuff :P

I'm v impressed. Great place u got, and you have selected some v nice add-ons. But wat impresses me more is 4 days after your second appointment, u are planning to move in. wow!

My second appt over last Fri, but previous owners can hand over the place only after 4-5 weeks(renovating their new place). In the mean time, I'm renting a unit 1 lorong away. But I think it will take me another month or two before I move in. Can't get my act together that fast.

Don't 'heartpain' about your COV lah, my COV $40k, also 4rm flat, but renovated 10 years ago. Condition v good cos I think wife doesn't work, no kids, so can clean house whole day. They only giving me the built-in stuff :P

The whole house is totally move-in condition. The current owners had spent $40k renovating the whole house about 1.5 yrs ago so the condition is very good. I have just handed my keys of my previous flat over to my buyer yest. Currently, temporarily staying at my in-laws place for a month. Once I take the keys on the 23rd, furniture will arive on 26th and my whole family (2 adults + 3 kids) will shift in on 27th. Can't wait for that day to arrive.