Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tower

My Future Hougang Flat

Yeah...kitchen looks a bit cramped...How about you place your fridge just outside the kitchen and build some new kitchen cabinets where the current fridge location is? That may free up some table top space to house the cooker hob and hood?

I think you can't move the cabinets without spoiling it... you might want to consider a completely new set of top cabinets to maximise the space. You can keep the bottom ones since they are still in good condition.

Edited by mmycheng

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Image00002.jpg

the dinning area look quite spacious..

maybe you can put another 'row' of cabinets + top at the glass window there. Can put those bread, toaster, rice cooker etc etc.. those which wont dirty the place easily de food stuff.... some more, to put the rice cooker there, also convenient to scope rice when eating....

also if you still feel that space is not enuff at the cooking area, you can add on cabinets to make it into a 'C' shape...shift your fridge to the dinning area... so that those ppl who need cold drink, don need to step into the oily kitchen?

Edited by X.H.LI

Image00003.jpg

Yah I agree with you. The kitchen is shortage of storage cabinets, cooker hob and hood. Now I am thinking very hard how to think of a solution to get round this problem. I can't dismantle the original cabinets as they are made of expensive laminates. The space above the cabinets are not fully utilised. Does anyone have any solution?

I don't really understand why does Shalom need to charge for the usage of boxes. Other transportation companies provide free boxes.

Hi!

If you do not wish to take away the top cabinets, you may wanna try the teppanyaki kind (quite ex) :deal:

VL431_medium.jpggaggenau-ventilation-table-at400.jpg

For the stove, maybe buy more induction cookers?

Yeah...kitchen looks a bit cramped...How about you place your fridge just outside the kitchen and build some new kitchen cabinets where the current fridge location is? That may free up some table top space to house the cooker hob and hood?

I think you can't move the cabinets without spoiling it... you might want to consider a completely new set of top cabinets to maximise the space. You can keep the bottom ones since they are still in good condition.

Ya, I did think of shifting the fridge to be beside the dining area but I would have to do a fridge base which will spoil the original dining area flooring.

Would shifting the current top cabinets to be on the opposite wall help and at the same time make another row of top cabinets?

Image00002.jpg

the dinning area look quite spacious..

maybe you can put another 'row' of cabinets + top at the glass window there. Can put those bread, toaster, rice cooker etc etc.. those which wont dirty the place easily de food stuff.... some more, to put the rice cooker there, also convenient to scope rice when eating....

also if you still feel that space is not enuff at the cooking area, you can add on cabinets to make it into a 'C' shape...shift your fridge to the dinning area... so that those ppl who need cold drink, don need to step into the oily kitchen?

Thks for ur suggestion. That was part of my intention as well. Seems that we think alike. Well, I did go to IKEA to source out some storage cabinets options too. Most likely, I wouldn't alter too much of the current fixtures in the kitchen. Add-ons would be a better option.

Hi!

If you do not wish to take away the top cabinets, you may wanna try the teppanyaki kind (quite ex) :deal:

VL431_medium.jpggaggenau-ventilation-table-at400.jpg

For the stove, maybe buy more induction cookers?

I did see induction cookers at Mayer before (very expensive!) but my family prefer the common option of food cooked using flame. Tastes better and it takes a shorter time too. If i ever get induction cooker, would have to cut a hole in the current kitchen top to create the space.

I think you can go for junxian's suggestion of making new cabinets at the dining area.

As for the fridge, you can purchase fridge bases without having to build one. That will prevent your tiles being destroyed, but of course the trade off is that it won't look as nice as a built-in fridge base lah. :)

hi tower,

all my empty boxes at at sengkang now leh....u want? not at hougang...keke :)

i can pass it all to you anytime... ;)

I drive, so i can bring it over to you... ;)

just drop me a PM incase I unable log on to chat... ;)

Went to IKEA Alexanda yest to source for ideas for storage cabinets for the living room and kitchen. After discussion with my wife, we decided to engage a reno contractor since it is going to cost as much as compared to buying from IKEA. The custom made carpentry would be more resilient too. Does anyone have any good and reliable contractors to intro? As a norm, how long would they need to prepare the carpentry works at the factory in advance and installation on-site? As time is running short, I would need the carpenter to take measurements first in end Oct 08 and if I give them a week to install during the 1st week of Dec 08, is there sufficient time?

hi tower

u may want to give my contractor a call..johnson @ 81000701

Will do. Thks. May I know which company does he belong to? Care to share his carpentry workmanship skills?

Edited by tower

Hi tower

PM u my carpenter liao... see my t-blog for the actual work done

no harm getting another quote to compare. Good luck :)

Tonight, will be going down to our future home and discuss reno plans with the current owner's reno contractor to see how to solve the kitchen cabinet problem. Have also gotten advice from other ID companies to seek the original contractor as he would have the source of the original tiles and laminates. Hope to have a favourable reply from him tonight. If not, I may have to redo the whole kitchen cabinet to suit our needs. I may want to shift the fridge to the dining area too. Headache liao!

Edited by tower

Yest went to see the unit with the contractor. He pointed out that it's almost impossible to create a space for the kitchen hob without damaging the homogeneous tiles. Furthermore it might weaken the whole structure. We then ask for alternatives but it seems that time needed for reno and budget are both critical factors. My wife and I may decide to just shift in afterall. Perhaps go to IKEA to find other storage options instead. No point spending more money and in the end still not feeling happy with the end result. Anyway here are some more pics of the unit.

View of MBR Toilet

Image00011.jpg

Bedroom 2's Carpentry (Study Table and Shelves)

Image00010.jpg

View of MBR from Door Entrance

Image00026.jpg

Living Room's Hitachi 42" Plasma TV & Hitachi HTS (Given by previous owners)

Image00018.jpg

MBR's Sharp Aquos 20" LCD TV (Given by previous owners) - Behind is the L-shape "WIW"

Image00025.jpg

Edited by tower