Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aneon

Finally...our Home

likewise... I haven't become official owner alr started a T-blog. LOL and super excited. nice 3d designs.. but looks a little crammed..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

thanks, Jessie and Angel. I also liked the blue shade right away.

here's the catalog photo with the table tennis:

pooltablejo6.jpg

hi pinkpetter--that's why my husband trashed this design(just goes to show that i should leave the planning to the experts. hehe). he also feels the same way.

updates on my purchases:

dining table. it's black tempered glass. i especially like the legs.

imag0224hn2.jpg

imag0225zw8.jpg

dining chair

imag0227fa4.jpg

bar stool but ours will be white

imag0226ya4.jpg

we're visiting the house again tomorrow afternoon with one of the shorlisted IDs. His name is Jevent of Darwin Interiors. He really knows his stuff and impressed us with how good he draws--on the spot! he hasn't given those to us yet unless we sign with him(clever man).

the other two are Kelvin of Renozone and Mr. Ng(contractor). We are leaning towards Mr. Ng(his workmanship is good and his quote is 10k lower than Darwin. But we like the ideas and artistic skills of Darwin since Jevent is a professional ID. We'll get the final quote from Darwin on Wednesday plus his drawings once he finish his site visit tomorrow. I hope that he can match Mr. Ng's.

Renozone is kind'a in the middle. A bit higher than Mr. Ng's but he is also artistic as Darwin. We're also waiting for his final quote and decide from there. We are on a tight deadline as upon key collection on Oct 20th, we will already start renovation the following day. We need the house by Nov 29th!

So here's how we plan to do it:

Oct 9th--finalize our contractor/ID

Oct 10th (am)--choose tiles and laminates

Oct 10th (pm)--choose lights and bathroom fixtures

Oct 11th -- finalize furniture purchases and book a mover

Oct 12th -- book the date for youngest daughter's Christening as well as House Blessing

Oct 20th -- completion(already filed a month's leave till Nov 17th!)

Oct 21st -- serve notice to landlord

Nov 29th -- delivery of furniture and pool table

Nov 30th -- family moving in

I will post photos along the way.

other purchases:

sofa. the colours will be changed to red(dominant) and white. it's a 3+1+1

imag0217yg5.jpg

imag0218aj6.jpg

coffee table. we also bought this carpet.

imag0221qh9.jpg

bed for master bedroom

imag0215du3.jpg

wah say! I love the armchair. can imagine your house will be very futuristic. Hey if you want to play ard with 3D designs can try to use the one from ikea.. mm but no living room one :P

can share the address of the pool table outlet?

i myself is tinking of gettin a pool table..

how much isit?

A frd working in such industry was tellin me..to get a pool table made of slate..somethin like dat, coz over time dat table will warp.. a 2nd hand good 1 will cost like at least 3k..which is way above my budget.

i'm oso using renozone. :dancingqueen:

but i'm using colin, who's also de boss. i've only paid him a 1.5k deposit, but he's helping me settle all de stuffs with hdb. n i must say, hdb is giving me alot of problems :bangwall:

My apologies to everyone for not posting anything for the past 2 weeks. I got busy with offivce work as I am taking 1 month leave for the reno which will start tomorrow! Yey! We got the keys today.

Some answers for the previous questions by fellow forumers:

All my furniture was purchased in Silver River. It's located in 5 Little Road and the prices are quite resonable. The bedframe, we only got for $499! Just look for Ruby. 62818884

As for the Pool Table, you can contact Ron of PoolWorld Entertainment. 98538177. They also have a website just google the name. I got ours for $1300 because he has to customize cue sticks for us. I also got my bar stools there(only$58 each!). The colour blue is standard but if you want a different one, you can change it for an additional $100 I think.

Some photos of the flat:

15062008412pi1.jpg15062008413yk9.jpg

Guest Bedroom

15062008416vi7.jpg15062008417kh4.jpg

Here's where I will put our Pool Table

15062008415of2.jpg

balcony(which will be my extended kitchen cum bfast nook)

15062008424qb6.jpg15062008425po0.jpg

living/dining

15062008426mf9.jpg15062008427pa2.jpg15062008429fn3.jpg

common toilet upstairs

15062008440rw4.jpg15062008439np7.jpg15062008438nb2.jpg

master toilet

15062008445td7.jpg15062008444cp1.jpg

Drawings!!! As I am planning to do the renovation in phases, My phase 1 will be all 3 toilets, Kitchen and WIW

kitchen and balcony

kitchenyp8.jpgbarcounterbc3.jpg

bathrooms(guest,common,master)

bathroom12cd6.jpgmasterbathroomhm9.jpg

These drawings were abit rushed so they weren't able to capture my furniture...

Living/Dining

diningoption1cb8.jpglivingoption1za4.jpg

WIW

walkinwardrobeue9.jpg

The hacking will start tomorrow. 'can't wait!!!

found the website..thanks..at 1st thot the 2in1 pool table cum table tennis is quite cool.

but i would prefer a pool table cum dining table..afraid put all the hot food,wear & tear etc might cause damage to the surface.

price quite reasonable but the slatebed models out of my budget..guess got 2 physically go down & take a look.

aneon: where did you get the barstool? $58 is really good price! And how much does PWE charge for your short cues? :unsure:

666: actually you can leave the pool table to the last item,then you can better decide if it can fit in well. get a 8ft if space allows after everything is done..more kicks for the players. usually they deliver very fast de. 3 slates has a more stable playing surface,ie;you can flying-kick it... and the balls hardly moves. drop-pockets are recommeded if not stucked ball will sianz 1/2. iirc PWE charges $200 for change of cloth color but you can keep default cloth for future usage. i started out sourcing it as my first item,hehe till now still cant decide 7 or 8ft cos reno still ongoing very hard to visualize the available space left after the furniture has gone in. wanted a 8ft but afraid it will look too big an item in the livingroom. drop me a pm if you need prices from other table sellers in sg. i've contact 3-4 so far. brunswick price being the most :jawdrop:

Wah I think i'm so auntie the moment I saw the balcony I was thinking Good place to dry clothes!! :P Then I saw you all put a bar there which is a nice thing! You all entertain a lot? :)