Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bill_rock

The Interior Place @macpherson

Hi Seamonster..

Thanks for the info.. i've sign up with May from The interior place.. now waiting for bank loan approval.

Wonder what the things we can bargain for?

hehehe

Hi, it really depends on what your quote consist of......some examples are blum system for all your cabinets, if u are doing wall paper for some parts of the house, u can request for free wallpaper to be included in one of the room. if u are doing dressing table, maybe can negotiate for a stool to be included. If some of the items u requested cannot be done, pretend to show that you are disappointed and ask her what other stuff can be thrown in to the package etc.

I agree with silencer on getting a good price for mayer and tekka items from them. She can coordinate the delivery for you. However, do note that she tends to be forgetful so pls remind her on stuff that needs attention. Apart from this, we like her and her design.

Our electrician from TIP is good and knowledgable too, not sure whether they are the same group but I find their electrical quote sky high and nearly choke when I hear the price.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Seamonster..

Thanks for the info.. i've sign up with May from The interior place.. now waiting for bank loan approval.

hehehe

If u need to buy hood & stove from Mayer etc, can ask ur ID to give u a better price. My TIP ID got Mayer lobang, the price is ard S$100++ cheaper than what i get from Mayer directly

for electrician, i quite satisifed w their contractor. Very knowledgeable cos im also laying cat 6 network cable in my house to prep for OpenNet and speakers cables for my HTS and the contractor has done a very good job and can even give me alternative suggestion in the laying of cables. I have go to quite a few famous ID recommended in Renotalk but so far TIP offer a complete solution for my network thingy.

for carpentry, they do give me some discount in my kitchen & living room storage after i complain that it overshoot my budget so u need to discuss w the ID and act very broke :P

Hi Sazeryn,

May is very patient and I like her design. Price wise, I feel abit on the high side.

She is abit forgetful and sometimes miss out this and that. However, when you tell her, she will immediately resolve

all your issues. I personally feel that she is very hardworking and dedicated to her work. Try to bargain for more

items to be added foc in your quote. Also everything must be in black and white and make sure there are no hidden cost.

Hi Seamonster..

hehehe

Hi Sazeryn,

May is very patient and I like her design. Price wise, I feel abit on the high side.

She is abit forgetful and sometimes miss out this and that. However, when you tell her, she will immediately resolve

all your issues. I personally feel that she is very hardworking and dedicated to her work. Try to bargain for more

items to be added foc in your quote. Also everything must be in black and white and make sure there are no hidden cost.

my reno juz completed

so far nothing much to complain (except some minor issue but TIP solve it instantly)

I would say my reno w TIP is quite a smooth one

any had their renovation done? can share the pics?? i have meet up with May and quite please with her..

most prob.. will taking their service!

last time i also thot TIP price quite high but end up it turn out almost the same as Intra Design(another popular ID firm in renotalk) quotation

so i guess its all depend on what u wanna do for the reno :D

Hi all,

Recently met up with Wayne from The Interior Place, anyone engaged him as ID?

Still waiting for the quotation. From the thread of comments, guage that their price is on the high side.

anyone have any bad experience with them? :P

... Many thanks

yap from initial discussions to 3D drawing oredi took almost 2 mths.

I am quite fussy so change this change that and need quite alot of carpentry & wiring

So far the ID from TIP has done a good job in accomodate my request.

Actual reno will start after CNY which i guess is another 1.5mths b4 it complete

My current impression w this ID is she is very on the ball.

She was the one that always contact me instead of me looking for her.

So far all my appointments with her went smoothly

she also able to work within my budget and suggest alternatives solution/design

But still need to see her performance during reno that y will give u more feedback after 2mths :P

her name i think i will tell u after my reno complete cos wait later she also frequent this thread and will know i BK her bad things if there are any :P

but my advise for u is must make sure u ask the ID to bring u to visit some of his past projects. In this way u can gauge the workmanship/relationship between the ID and the clients etc

haha... thanks for sharing your experience.... :) all the best for your reno...

oh is it? how long ago was this? care to share their mark up?? :P

the quote around 20k and the mark up was 5k

oh okie... you reno is for 2 months? thats a long one.... btw, who is your ID? :)

yap from initial discussions to 3D drawing oredi took almost 2 mths.

I am quite fussy so change this change that and need quite alot of carpentry & wiring

So far the ID from TIP has done a good job in accomodate my request.

Actual reno will start after CNY which i guess is another 1.5mths b4 it complete

My current impression w this ID is she is very on the ball.

She was the one that always contact me instead of me looking for her.

So far all my appointments with her went smoothly

she also able to work within my budget and suggest alternatives solution/design

But still need to see her performance during reno that y will give u more feedback after 2mths :P

her name i think i will tell u after my reno complete cos wait later she also frequent this thread and will know i BK her bad things if there are any :P

but my advise for u is must make sure u ask the ID to bring u to visit some of his past projects. In this way u can gauge the workmanship/relationship between the ID and the clients etc

they sent me a quote, with their own cost price, plus another customer's quote with customer address as well :o

oh is it? how long ago was this? care to share their mark up?? :P

I am currently using them.

So far so good

Will give u more feedback 2 mths later

oh okie... you reno is for 2 months? thats a long one.... btw, who is your ID? :)