Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bill_rock

The Interior Place @macpherson

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ok update as promised.

Based on the past 2 weeks, I would NOT recommend The Interior Place to you. The renovation process have been very frustrating thus far and it is very difficult dealing with the ID as she is very blur and has no clue. There has been many problems along the way, including:

- mixed up the laminate to be used for bay window ledge between 2 rooms

- forgot to complete a number of works as promised (e.g. seal up bomb shelter vent, extend kitchen counter top)

- cupboard doors supposed to have frosted glass came out as laminate

- subwoofer does not fit in enclosure as ID forgot to measure the width including the legs (to add insult to injury, they drilled holes in my subwoofer to move the legs without consulting us!)

- measurements for box-up for projector screen does not work - projector screen would have hit TV when it came down (and this is despite us reminding the ID numerous time during design stage to take this into consideration)

- workmanship of the carpentry not up to scratch e.g. joints between panels not neat, material used for internal shelves and drawers not good

To be fair, they have fixed the first 2, and should be working to fix the rest (or so we hope). But the whole point of engaging an ID is for her to provide artistic input during the design process (which was absent). If we also have to be involved in all the detailed design work for carpentry etc, then what's the point? Our last renovations gave us less problems and we used contractors last time round.

We should be nearing the end of the process (thank god cos it's been painful) and will update on whether these issues have been resolved.

Hi littlebottle,

Is your reno with The Interior Place completed? Do update us of your feedback which would be valuable in our reno sourcing.

Much appreciated!

Hi, i would also appreciate any feedback on The Interior Place (T.I.P) from homeowners who have engaged them recently.

Many thanks!!

Ok update as promised.

Based on the past 2 weeks, I would NOT recommend The Interior Place to you. The renovation process have been very frustrating thus far and it is very difficult dealing with the ID as she is very blur and has no clue. There has been many problems along the way, including:

- mixed up the laminate to be used for bay window ledge between 2 rooms

- forgot to complete a number of works as promised (e.g. seal up bomb shelter vent, extend kitchen counter top)

- cupboard doors supposed to have frosted glass came out as laminate

- subwoofer does not fit in enclosure as ID forgot to measure the width including the legs (to add insult to injury, they drilled holes in my subwoofer to move the legs without consulting us!)

- measurements for box-up for projector screen does not work - projector screen would have hit TV when it came down (and this is despite us reminding the ID numerous time during design stage to take this into consideration)

- workmanship of the carpentry not up to scratch e.g. joints between panels not neat, material used for internal shelves and drawers not good

To be fair, they have fixed the first 2, and should be working to fix the rest (or so we hope). But the whole point of engaging an ID is for her to provide artistic input during the design process (which was absent). If we also have to be involved in all the detailed design work for carpentry etc, then what's the point? Our last renovations gave us less problems and we used contractors last time round.

We should be nearing the end of the process (thank god cos it's been painful) and will update on whether these issues have been resolved.

Edited by littlebottle

Hi, i would also appreciate any feedback on The Interior Place (T.I.P) from homeowners who have engaged them recently.

Many thanks!!

Hi we are using them in our reno now, about 3 weeks in. So far not very impressed.

The ID is quite prompt in responding but we find that she is not very knowledgeable and often cannot answer our questions without referring to the subject matter expert e.g. Electrician, carpenter.

While the design process is quite organized we do not think that they add sufficient value as the ID would usually go along with what we say. So we end up choosing colours, furnishings etc ourselves.

The initial quote we got was reasonable but they are quite inflexible so everything after that requires a variation order. Prices suddenly seem quite steep.

There has been some problems along the way, most recently the lights they installed was not what we had ordered from the lighting shop they recommended.

Will update as the reno progresses.

Many thanks!!

I thiink they are still pretty the same leh... Cos my family enage them as our ID 2 years back & her after sales service for defects are prompt too (if we give her enough time to arrange). I would like to share that our id is good & the firm's workmanship is very much up to my dad stict expectation. I shall gve them a Thumb up since they are can pass my dad's high expectation.

And we recommended her to our cousin & they chose TIP too.. My cousin had very good comments on their workmanship & efficiency although price abit high but consider value for the design concept & materials used.

Got the quotation, almost fell of the bench when we saw it!! It's 90K!! I'd like to reiterate, no problems with Gary. He's gone through line by line to explain each item, and then for the next 2 hours go through what can be reduced, removed, etc..

End result --> 80K+. This is without electrical points, toilet, sinks, curtains/blinds, etc. which according to his estimation would add about 12K more. So... 92K.

I do need to get ppl's opinion... Is this pricing "normal" nowadays?

y dun u get more quotes from other IDs to compare?...

of coz with the same items TIP offer u....

Hi grinder,

I've just completed the discussion on the floor-planning. I thought his ideas were good. But he scared me a bit when he said the reno of a resale maisonnete usually cost around 60-70K. The wife and I almost fell off the chair. :P Our budget, including everything like oven, a/c, sink, taps, etc. is only around 50-60. His quote is coming next week, but the estimation that he mentioned does not include all that.

I am quite happy with our interaction with Gary so far, it's just the price is way over the budget. But ... we'll see what we can agree with next week.

Thanks!

Got the quotation, almost fell of the bench when we saw it!! It's 90K!! I'd like to reiterate, no problems with Gary. He's gone through line by line to explain each item, and then for the next 2 hours go through what can be reduced, removed, etc..

End result --> 80K+. This is without electrical points, toilet, sinks, curtains/blinds, etc. which according to his estimation would add about 12K more. So... 92K.

I do need to get ppl's opinion... Is this pricing "normal" nowadays?

Hi vrrroommm

My cost of 6Xk doesn't include all lights/oven and air conditioning.

So far , he is really prompt in responding all my email, sms and even phone call. If you are those impatient type, Gary is the one. I am done with my carpenter work and has heaps of touch up. Even small little thing I don't like, I tell gary. He will ask his men to come down next few days to do touch up. Esp .. skirting not right (please touch up), then shower not straightly installed (please do again). This sort of veyr minor thing. He also do it quickly for me. He is not that type that disappear after carpenter work is done and reappear again when he needs payment.

Btw, how much did he quote for your reno??? Is yours a resale or brand new place?

Hi grinder,

I've just completed the discussion on the floor-planning. I thought his ideas were good. But he scared me a bit when he said the reno of a resale maisonnete usually cost around 60-70K. The wife and I almost fell off the chair. :P Our budget, including everything like oven, a/c, sink, taps, etc. is only around 50-60. His quote is coming next week, but the estimation that he mentioned does not include all that.

I am quite happy with our interaction with Gary so far, it's just the price is way over the budget. But ... we'll see what we can agree with next week.

Thanks!

Hi,

Just spoke to Gary as well, regarding my reno. Your cost of 6xK.. does that include all the lights, oven, air conditioning, etc?

Like you we were quite impressed with his meticulousness when going through with us on exactly what we want for our renovation.

Can share with me your experiences with Gary so far?

Thanks.

Hi vrrroommm

My cost of 6Xk doesn't include all lights/oven and air conditioning.

So far , he is really prompt in responding all my email, sms and even phone call. If you are those impatient type, Gary is the one. I am done with my carpenter work and has heaps of touch up. Even small little thing I don't like, I tell gary. He will ask his men to come down next few days to do touch up. Esp .. skirting not right (please touch up), then shower not straightly installed (please do again). This sort of veyr minor thing. He also do it quickly for me. He is not that type that disappear after carpenter work is done and reappear again when he needs payment.

Btw, how much did he quote for your reno??? Is yours a resale or brand new place?

Edited by grinders

My reno cost about 6Xk. Did u end up using their air con and electrical ppl?

Hi,

Just spoke to Gary as well, regarding my reno. Your cost of 6xK.. does that include all the lights, oven, air conditioning, etc?

Like you we were quite impressed with his meticulousness when going through with us on exactly what we want for our renovation.

Can share with me your experiences with Gary so far?

Thanks.