Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Topline

How Do Hotels Do It?

Hi, newbie here needs some guidance...

I noticed in many hotel rooms:

1. The TV, other than playing normal TV channels, can also play radio stations. How do they set that up?

2. The toilet has a speaker (hidden) with volume control, that plays TV audio. How do they set that up? I dun see any amplifier around... I managed to find a speaker recently though after hunting around, it was a single speaker hidden under the vanity counter.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You realised that your hotel room's TV is usually not hooked up with an antenna, and there is no digital box or whatever, how come got cable channels like discovery, animal planet, etc? Hotels usually subscribe for cable services as a whole building, so its all linked to one cable system, which also comes with radio channels. The channels are programmed into the setting of the TV and so you can browse just using the TV remote.

As for the speaker in the toilet, its really not difficult; just buy a TV with a 35mm audio jack and plug in the speaker! You can use any normal computer speakers to do this, no need for amplifier.

Edited by zirhk3355

Hi, newbie here needs some guidance...

I noticed in many hotel rooms:

1. The TV, other than playing normal TV channels, can also play radio stations. How do they set that up?

2. The toilet has a speaker (hidden) with volume control, that plays TV audio. How do they set that up? I dun see any amplifier around... I managed to find a speaker recently though after hunting around, it was a single speaker hidden under the vanity counter.

Apple TV will solve your problem for all this. They can play TV, movies, radio, MP3, etc. It's also one of my wish list but share fulfill that if we have that extra cash and time to coordinate this. On having music in the bathroom, there is a Legrand technology that can fulfill this. You may want to surf their web to find out more.

Apple TV will solve your problem for all this. They can play TV, movies, radio, MP3, etc. It's also one of my wish list but share fulfill that if we have that extra cash and time to coordinate this. On having music in the bathroom, there is a Legrand technology that can fulfill this. You may want to surf their web to find out more.

Thanks all.

zirhk, would all TVs allow me to plug in this speaker? what if i have a home theatre system already... would the sound output be used up already? sorry, very newbie..

You realised that your hotel room's TV is usually not hooked up with an antenna, and there is no digital box or whatever, how come got cable channels like discovery, animal planet, etc? Hotels usually subscribe for cable services as a whole building, so its all linked to one cable system, which also comes with radio channels. The channels are programmed into the setting of the TV and so you can browse just using the TV remote.

As for the speaker in the toilet, its really not difficult; just buy a TV with a 35mm audio jack and plug in the speaker! You can use any normal computer speakers to do this, no need for amplifier.

you r rite. usually the hotels will call for tender with SCTV, CCTV, etc. requirements and those electrical contractors will have to provide these according to the specifications and drawing designs. the Electrical Design Engineer (usually the M&E consultant) will have to design the cable routing and also meet the asthetic requirements. that is why many items are concealed. just imagine you are the hotel guest and you see your rooms with cables running all over the ceiling and floor areas, won't you be scare of it?

Thanks all.

zirhk, would all TVs allow me to plug in this speaker? what if i have a home theatre system already... would the sound output be used up already? sorry, very newbie..

Usually home theatre system uses the audio output (the red/white clips to connect the home theatre's raw wires to) instead of the 35mm jack. Otherwise, you can also check if ur home theatre has a 35mm jack...

Howdy! For those looking for a truly memorable stay, the Napa Valley Lodge Boutique Hotel stands out as the perfect place for a great getaway. Its superb location, combined with exceptional amenities and personalized service, ensures that every moment spent at the hotel will become a treasured memory. And the caring staff of napa valley lodge customer service will try to make their stay at the hotel even more enjoyable, and each of their clients will want to return to them again.