Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
priyalok

Supreme Laminate Floor Warranty

Is there any diference in warranty if i go for Supreme laminate flooring via my id/contractor or direct to Supreme.

I was told by one of the sales agent from Supreme that if I do the flooring via ID/contractor, then for warranty I cannot go directly to SUpreme. I must go via ID/contarctor.

Is it true or he is pressurizing me for his deal?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Is there any diference in warranty if i go for Supreme laminate flooring via my id/contractor or direct to Supreme.

I was told by one of the sales agent from Supreme that if I do the flooring via ID/contractor, then for warranty I cannot go directly to SUpreme. I must go via ID/contarctor.

Is it true or he is pressurizing me for his deal?

Hi Priyalok,

If you go directly to Supreme it will save you some money. As ID/contractor will charge you a few hundreds more. But you have one more thing to co-ordinate. As you have to call and make arrangement with Supreme on when to come and install the laminate flooring, when to deliver the laminate flooring (usually is one day before the actual installation date) and most important to arrange a time and date for both Supreme sales agent and you ID/contractor to meet (the ID might have some ideas on what colour is more suitable for your home theme). Beside these I don't see any reason why you can't go directly to Supreme.

I also didn't go through the ID for my laminate flooring. I made all the necessary arragements and my laminate flooring will be installed tomorrow. :)

... i haven't look into details, but my contractor is quoting less than direct from Supreme.

Obviously, might be charging 'extra' on other items.

Do you mind telling me how much did the ID quote you? What's the thickness of the laminate flooring? Are you doing it for the whole house expect kitchen.

I contacted Pergo, Kronotex and Vohringer. They all using click system and provide warranty.

Do you mind telling me how much did the ID quote you?

I haven't gone into further details (thickness, grade etc), as i mentioned. However, the area to laminate is 4 rooms (about 600 sqm).

My ID/contractor is quoting around 2700.

Supreme is quoting 3k plus.

Then it is time to go into details. Know what they are giving you & what makes the diff. If for the same grade of laminated flooring, your ID is charging you lower, then press your Supreme agent to cut his price.

Usually, going thru a 3rd party like your ID would mean higher price cos he needs to make some $$ for the co-ordination work with Supreme.

The more you know, the bigger your bargaining power is.

I haven't gone into further details (thickness, grade etc), as i mentioned. However, the area to laminate is 4 rooms (about 600 sqm).

Hi Priyalok,

I got my laminate floor installed today by Vohringer (from Germany) for 3 bedrooms, living and dining. I paid $4,290 + $90 (cutting the bottom of the 3 bedroom doors). The workmanship was good.

Living and dining (After)

2437883880063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

Living and dining (Before)

2540650250063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

My floor plan

2307817190063074167S425x425Q85.jpg

frankly speakin, take directly fr laminate company better cos they able to give mayb lifetime warranty, no limit of colour, remova of skirtin, to trim all doors..

if u think ID is chargin u cheaper then i think u might b wrong.. they able to quote u cheaper but doesnt includes all those i mention above.. at e most, they give u warranty of 10 to 15 yrs.. besides, they might "cheat" u on e quality of the laminate floor.. EG: u choose AC5 fr Supreme but wat ID gave u in e end might b similiar lookin floor but lousy quality..

Make ur choice wisely!

frankly speakin, take directly fr laminate company better cos they able to give mayb lifetime warranty, no limit of colour, remova of skirtin, to trim all doors..

if u think ID is chargin u cheaper then i think u might b wrong.. they able to quote u cheaper but doesnt includes all those i mention above.. at e most, they give u warranty of 10 to 15 yrs.. besides, they might "cheat" u on e quality of the laminate floor.. EG: u choose AC5 fr Supreme but wat ID gave u in e end might b similiar lookin floor but lousy quality..

Make ur choice wisely!

You’re perfectly right.

However, I have the flooring design code from Supreme. The same code I’ll be requesting from my contractor (mentioned in the contract as well, with brand name and color code). It also includes warranty, choice of colors, hacking of skirting, door trimming etc

I think this should be alright.

Glad that u made ur choice.. at first i also thought how come Supreme quote me so expensive de.. but come to realise, it's much cheaper.. as contractor nvr include all those things.. and my floor is much bigger when comes to measure but they nvr charge me extra..

Happy reno!! :yamseng:

You’re perfectly right.

However, I have the flooring design code from Supreme. The same code I’ll be requesting from my contractor (mentioned in the contract as well, with brand name and color code). It also includes warranty, choice of colors, hacking of skirting, door trimming etc

I think this should be alright.

Just to check.. does directly under supreme company include hacking of the skirting. I notice contractor/id quote me hacking of skirting for my bedrooms, even I liaised with my ID

directly take fr Supreme, includes of hacking of the skirting, lifetime warranty, no limit of colours, trimming of doors... ID will definately charge u for hacking of skirting and trimming of doors.. warranty only between 5 to 15 yrs.. for quality, they able to give u a poorer quality then pass it as wat u asked for.. unless u are very pro in tellin the difference of the quality..

hopes it will help u..

Just to check.. does directly under supreme company include hacking of the skirting. I notice contractor/id quote me hacking of skirting for my bedrooms, even I liaised with my ID
Edited by categan

I'm not very sure.. But most probably shd be FOC.. U can try to check with them.. or u wan the person in charge that i'm dealin with? I can pm u his contact if u wan..

If directly under supreme company, will they also hack the floor tiles, if they discovered I have some popping tiles, will they do cement screed?