Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
priyalok

Supreme Laminate Floor Warranty

The last time I dealt with Supreme, the saleguy said standard package does not include hacking of skirting, but include trimming of doors.

Supreme workers can't hack skirting, smoothen the walls & lay laminated floor boards in the same day. So if they need to come a few times to your house to do the work, don't they need to charge you more for the transport & labour?

Try to get a quote from your contractor for the hacking work, might be cheaper if he is already doing your flooring. As he has the tools, sands n cements in your house, chances are, just a small token to do the extra hacking work.

My contractor charge me $100 for the hacking of skirting n touch up.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nope, I overlay.. If u hack then put cement.. the floor might not be even.. then u have to pay $1 per sqf for the plastic thing they need to put below..

Hi, did you overlay or hack the floor tiles for bedroom and than laid

Sorry, no offence, when was the last time u deal with Supreme? Supreme jus hack my wall skirting and smoothen the wall about 1 month ago.. they wont charge u any further more.. they need about 3 to 4 days in all.. 1 day to hack the skirtin and smoothen the walls.. then they'll come back on another day to do the flooring.. Most pro able to finish it within 2 days if only do bedrooms..

have u ever thought of whether ur contractor able to give a cheaper deal cos they are taking a lower quality then wat u asked for? Besides, their warranty given is only 5 to 15 years and it does not includes of floor board popping out and colour fade..

Hopes there's no offence.. jus tat i felt tat takin fr contractor or ID, there are a few place that are not worth it..

The last time I dealt with Supreme, the saleguy said standard package does not include hacking of skirting, but include trimming of doors.

Supreme workers can't hack skirting, smoothen the walls & lay laminated floor boards in the same day. So if they need to come a few times to your house to do the work, don't they need to charge you more for the transport & labour?

Try to get a quote from your contractor for the hacking work, might be cheaper if he is already doing your flooring. As he has the tools, sands n cements in your house, chances are, just a small token to do the extra hacking work.

My contractor charge me $100 for the hacking of skirting n touch up.

No worries. Actually, it was Feb this year... Hmm.. this is something new to me cos that salesguy told me they don't do hacking of skirting work... He asked me to get my own contractor to do the work... maybe he was trying to con me.

Well, I didn't think of it that way, cos i don't think my contractor is that kind of bad guy... in fact, my bf was saying that $100 was really worth the $$ when he saw how the worker did the work :bangwall:

erms.. fyi, fr the sales man who's also the asst sales director fr supreme, he told me tat almost all contractor and id use lower quality.. but it sounds true.. cos contractor can save cost and customers dunno e difference.. perhaps new system ba.. now got do the hackin.. but they anyhow smoothen e walls cos tat part will eventually cover up by the new skirtin..

i know some of the sales man fr supreme not very gd.. lol.. cos the sale guy who serve me quote me very high and his service so so only.. he very 'gan cheong' to close the deal.. but he kanna complain then resign so the asst sales director took over my account.. so far so gd lor..

No worries. Actually, it was Feb this year... Hmm.. this is something new to me cos that salesguy told me they don't do hacking of skirting work... He asked me to get my own contractor to do the work... maybe he was trying to con me.

Well, I didn't think of it that way, cos i don't think my contractor is that kind of bad guy... in fact, my bf was saying that $100 was really worth the $$ when he saw how the worker did the work :bangwall:

What about bamboo flooring? Anyone tried? Supposed to be more durable than laminates - of course more expensive than laminates but cheaper and 20% harder than solid wood. I'm getting quotation now.

What about bamboo flooring? Anyone tried? Supposed to be more durable than laminates - of course more expensive than laminates but cheaper and 20% harder than solid wood. I'm getting quotation now.

i have seen the bamboo flooring.. but the finishing not very nice leh...

<!--quoteo(post=629136:date=Apr 13 2011, 07:07 PM:name=jdf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jdf @ Apr 13 2011, 07:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=629136"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What about bamboo flooring? Anyone tried? Supposed to be more durable than laminates - of course more expensive than laminates but cheaper and 20% harder than solid wood. I'm getting quotation now.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i have seen the bamboo flooring.. but the finishing not very nice leh...

Got quotation - bery ex...almost 5k for 2 bedrooms - the old 3rm hdb size.

So now looking for company that can replace/repair existing laminate. Any recommendations?

So now looking for company that can replace/repair existing laminate. Any recommendations?

Wow....5K for 2 bedrooms is rather bery ex :jawdrop:

Normally laminate flooring range from 3.5 - 7.5 psf.U can do ur math...

As for bamboo...i m not so sure...

5k? where did you get the quote from? you may wish to try an alternative to laminate here http://www.woodlandeasiflor.com/Pages/Projects_eco-art_strip_flooring.html where they are the first (and only so far) flooring company in Singapore that has their products certified as Green under SGBP.

Wow....5K for 2 bedrooms is rather bery ex :jawdrop:

Normally laminate flooring range from 3.5 - 7.5 psf.U can do ur math...

As for bamboo...i m not so sure...

Bamboo flooring (as in the better one Strand Woven Bamboo) as far as i know ranges from $10 to $13 psf

Edited by maituliao

Hi Guys,

I think 5K is not bad for laminate flooring for 2 bedrooms, but maybe you wanna try bamboo flooring , the price is not too far different, I heard 2 bedrooms can cost S$ 3800,-. and it is given 20 years guarantee, which is very rare.

Bamboo is much healthier (esp. for with respiratory problems), durable and stronger than laminate flooring. The finishing is also nice, you can see it in The Heeren outer deck. As you can see, the flooring can sustain outdoor regime, so they wouldn't have problem in HDB. We did it as well, and it is safe for our babies.

If you are interested, I can give you the contact trough email.

Cheers