Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bswpy

Curtains

Is $720 in total too much to pay for curtains to:

(1) day curtains for the living room

(2) day / night curtains for the bedroom

Edited by bswpy

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

HI

where are you getting the curtains from? my aunt's getting curtains for her entire 5 room flat from someone who makes the curtains herself - Day&Night for Master, three rooms, and living and paying only 1200 for it..... if you like, I can give u contact. Pls email me :)

HI

where are you getting the curtains from? my aunt's getting curtains for her entire 5 room flat from someone who makes the curtains herself - Day&Night for Master, three rooms, and living and paying only 1200 for it..... if you like, I can give u contact. Pls email me :)

Hi therre.

Got the quote from Jimmy Textile down at Tanjong Katong Complex.

The fabrics' are not too bad. The total price comes with stainless steel rods and installation.

I am lucky I only have the bedroom and living room to curtain-up.

Drop me your email addie and we'll see how it goes from there.

Cheers

hmm..why not get more quotes to compare to know.. But choice of fabric does constitute a part towards the final price..

hmm..why not get more quotes to compare to know.. But choice of fabric does constitute a part towards the final price..

Hello there, we did get a second quote and the quote was from $800 upwards.

Yes, we agree that the fabrics have a part to play but the frabrics on the second quote was not worth mentioning. I have to recommend Jimmy Textile at Tanjong Katong Complex's branch. The service is good and they leave you alone after their initial presentation and suggested ideas.

They will be on-site for the actual measurements on 8 Nov and completion will be on 15 Nov. Pretty good service if you ask me.

Hi therre.

Got the quote from Jimmy Textile down at Tanjong Katong Complex.

The fabrics' are not too bad. The total price comes with stainless steel rods and installation.

I am lucky I only have the bedroom and living room to curtain-up.

Drop me your email addie and we'll see how it goes from there.

Cheers

Hello~ Anyway, the contact I have is a lady called Cindy Ng (9697-1457). She runs her own curtain production from home and I went to take a look at her fabrics and workmanship last weekend. It's really quite good. Her cost varies for the fabric you choose, but my aunt who's already placing an order from her chose one particular fabric that was quoted at $2500 (for the same number of curtains) outside. Like I said, she's getting it at $1200. The important thing is, you can negotiate with her and she's very friendly and nice. If you actually visit her house, she will show you the curtains that she made for her room and her kid's room. I really like the design of the kid's room.. It's one of those pull-up curtains ^^

A word of caution: "DON'T EVER CONSIDER WINDOW IMAGE". Many yrs ago, we paid a deposit at causeway pt outlet to make curtains for the whole hse but due to budget constrain, decided to tailormade only the master bedrm. They dun allow us to & ended up charging us $700 just for day&nite curtains for our room!! :bangwall:

Actually we can't compare pricings of curtains, especially we know nothing abt fabrics... Pricing of curtains greatly derived from the fabrics n materials used for installations, tracks etc...

All we need is knowledge in fabrics n most immportantly, A Trusthworthy Curtain Man....

i prefer wooden blinds to shade off sunlight cos saves water and electricity to wash it.

curtains is not cheap though and fades easily if sun heat is too strong.

Hello~ Anyway, the contact I have is a lady called Cindy Ng (9697-1457). She runs her own curtain production from home and I went to take a look at her fabrics and workmanship last weekend. It's really quite good. Her cost varies for the fabric you choose, but my aunt who's already placing an order from her chose one particular fabric that was quoted at $2500 (for the same number of curtains) outside. Like I said, she's getting it at $1200. The important thing is, you can negotiate with her and she's very friendly and nice. If you actually visit her house, she will show you the curtains that she made for her room and her kid's room. I really like the design of the kid's room.. It's one of those pull-up curtains ^^

Hi pigsfly,

Do you have any pictures of her curtains?

hi all,

need to to day and nite curtains for mbr and living, 2 other room just day curtains and 2 blinds for bathrooms was quoted less than 2k..... cheap or ex??

hi all,

need to to day and nite curtains for mbr and living, 2 other room just day curtains and 2 blinds for bathrooms was quoted less than 2k..... cheap or ex??

Actually, really difficult to comment on the quotes. It depends on the size of your window, the amount of fabric used, the type of fabric chosen and even the system it is based on.

The best way is to ask for quotation for a few curtain shop and compare their quotes based on your specification. Do some research on the type of fabric, black out or non black out, type of curtain e.g. roman blind, roller blind, normal curtain etc before asking for quotation.

Mine is done at MGL Curtain. You can try asking for a quote from them as well.

hi all,

Hi there, mine was $2300 for day and night curtains for LR, rollar blinds for the 2 room and roman blinds for my MBR. The lady brought the materials to my house for me to choose and she was pretty efficient in getting it done. The workmanship and service are good. i thought mine was quite ex...i think the materials and the length of your windows can affect the pricing. :)