Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
poseidon_gal

Anyone Staying In Highest Floor?

Saw a highest floor units in a mature estate. I like the unit but my parents told me that highest floor units are not good. Direct sun throughout the day which make the unit warm and hot. I know this is not true for new estate as i have friends staying in SK top floor, but what about mature estate?

Is it as what my parents mention?? Anyone stay in top floor in mature estate can help me with this?? The unit i am interested in is more than 20 years old.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
normally it's true. Your not-true case might be the water tank is directly above the unit. Therefore not so obvious.

The 2nd highest and highest mostly is priced the same during new HDB launch out.

That explain something ...

is it? i am staying on the highest floor of my block in Kim Tian Rd which was built in 1978.

i dun find it hot leh....i can even dun switch on fan and watch TV in my living room. But my windows and main door are left open.

we are staying in top floor but dun find it hot at all. very windy & good air circulation. same for my mom's place which is also top floor.

but if stay low floor with front & back blocked by other blocks, confirm will be stuffy & hot.

My new resale unit is also on the top floor, 12th floor.

I have not stayed there yet but I have viewed the house a few times at nite & day, rainy & sunny.

Loved the view at the top,not hot, no signs of leaking except at masterbedroom owner say got 1 time it leaked abit during a heavy thunderstom.

He called town council & they fixed up FOC.

i stay highest floor in north of singapore, 20+ years old mature estate..

not hot..my has a higher ceiling mah.., no water tank above...

and weekday we at work..not at home....

windy too......

mine is NW....so i get a slanted afternoon sun which i need to sun dry my clothes..only happen 2 to 5pm....slanted only...

dun stay corner unit..cos 3 side of the wall exposed...the sun heat from morning till night...super hot.

old estate...we has cooridor..so our house is sort of shield from the sun...

maybe in older mature estate, flats are built far apart...more chances for sun to shine on.

staying at corner unit with 3 walls facing outside...sure get sun from morning till evening...

seen those new estate where flats so near...some unit always dark dark...no chance for sun even...

I am staying at 15th floor (top level) corner unit.We dnt feel hot.And its very windy throughout year.

Can be due to N-S facing.Rooms are so bright that we dnt need to put lights at all during day.But mine is

a new estate