Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DoubleJ

::::: 终极[j]家 :::::

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
spam chop :dancingqueen:

very interesting observation about the enlarged MBR :jawdrop:

Actually we also realised there's some real examples around us after she mentioned it so we kinda accept it without much resistence, and not hack the MBR. But of course not all that hack their mbr will get into that kinda situation for sure, think alot depends on the house,the people and many other factors. she said our unit's layout and surroundings not ideal already so she say better dont play play lo. :unsure:

Is hacking of study room to cater space for pool table also?
Shhhh..Wait they'll know that's the main underlying reason. :notti:

Went over to my place after they did the first cleaning with my ID. first time can walk barefooted in my house.haha. but still quite dusty.

Anyway was in a rush for time this afternoon so only managed to take some pics.

Reno Update: Completed Tiling,electrical,ceiling works

001After.jpg

002After.jpg

Quite happy with the tiler's workmanship so far! The electrical and ceiling-work guy was very professional too! :D

The plumber wasnt that good thou. they didnt install a tempered glass panel which was suppposed to be mounted between the bracket & tap and the panel is lost,think thrown away with the debris already,i specifically shown them the piece as i was afraid they missed it and still they can forget to install it! Also the basin bracket was not secured enough, it'll wobble abit & the hand-shower,rainshower,sink wastage pipes not aligned correctly,pipe and the "wastage" each going towards diff direction. Haiz...Dunno wanna laugh or cry. They also funny,why dont they bother to check their work and stop after everything is nice nice. One look at it,can see its not even close to being aligned and the showers are all slanted slightly. waste their own time by balantly leaving behind such crap, i'll sure tell them to come back rectify again ma..dont like their attidude at all.waste everyone's time and possible tiles.The nice tilers will prolly need to come back again due to their incompetence. But good thing is we have a quite "old-bird" ID, younger ones prolly afraid to offend anyone.Saw him pick up the phone and gave the plumber some #*$&@** ...think the plumber owe him some money ba.he totally owned him. haha. :D

Wah say!! white white living room!! super nice! that's what I want tooooo :)

All the tiling done liao wor... so good.

hhaha one of the benefits of having a "old bird" ID. :) whooohoo!

The decision to hack both the MBR and study met with strong disapproval from our "FS advisor" aka my 3rd-Aunt. :( She was pretty reluctant to disclose the reason at first till i bugged her to explain. The reason is if we hacked the MBR, there is a higher chance of the ppl sleeping inside being involved with a third-party. How true was it we dont know, But since we did saw some real examples of ppl we know having affairs and had a enlarged MBR, we reluctantly heed her advise as we know thou she is not a real master in business, she followed a few well known Thai monks and FS masters and are like their apprentice in a way.She was always our family's supernatural guru.:rolleyes: But of course it's a belief,not a fact.so please take it with a pinch of salt.

Anyway i firmly reason with her to hack the study room at least in order to "bring in" more light from the adjacent window. And the result will be very good, with the living room brighten up, there arent anymore dark corners and the air circulation within the house will be further improved aka "The Qi". She agreed with my point and so it was FS:1 vs Design:1 for the day. :P only downside is...it'll make the beam turned into an eyesore right in the middle of the "expanded" living room.

Anyway,we had confirmed our deal with StateArt Interior @ TPY,was introduced to them by a friend whom got his house done up by them. i saw the result and was relatively impressed with the workmanship/material. Gave them a shot thou they are a relatively new name. but it seems most of their staffs are "old-hands" from other established names so at least it adds a level of security for me. I would say i am a very difficult customer after being educated by renotalk.haha. But still they shown interest in my project thou i keep pushing their prices down unlike some others i 've spoken to,didnt bother to do follow up anymore once they know i did my homework and know my stuffs. We closed the deal @ about 25k finally and hope for the best. ;)

The One & Only Hack: Fetching Light

studyroom002.jpg

For tiles, we took nearly 2 week visiting at least 4 tile shops. Finally confirm most of my tiles from LSH and 1 feature wall tile from Hafary. Ending the tile selection with like 2 big bag of sample tiles with my ID.He say he need charge me haulage to clear those from his office liao. haha. :dancingqueen:

Tile001.jpg

Tile003.jpg

The hafary titles was supposed to be very "Bling", but it wasn't so "bling" when they delivered the actual tiles, quite disappointed. we tiling one full wall with it in hope to add some 'bling' to the dark bathroom. well,can only hope it'll turn out at least ok now.

Yeah, Fengshui can be a tricky business. In the start, my wtb and me did not believe in FS, but as our parents want the flat to be looked at, we had no choice but to go along with it.

The Mr Fengshui came, looked and made some comments about what's the effect if we do this, and if we don't do that. After hearing those, we were kinda worried that it might be true, so we decided to follow his instructions and conveyed the requirements to my ID, even when we are not really believers. :bangwall:

Luckily, Mr Fengshui was not the "ching chiong" kind, that requires many idols and crystals to be placed around the house, and our ID is very receptive and understanding to the requirements. :sport-smiley-018:

Anyway, I feel that what's the most impt thing is the peace of mind bah. If you feel at ease, everything should go fine~ :D

Do you have to pay additional for the metallic sink support? Mine kept asking me to top up, say is more expensive one...blah blah blah!

Must be careful not to exert too much pressure on your sink if not will break wor. I like your bathroom feature walls... very nice and daring. Hehehe.

Do you have to pay additional for the metallic sink support? Mine kept asking me to top up, say is more expensive one...blah blah blah!

Must be careful not to exert too much pressure on your sink if not will break wor. I like your bathroom feature walls... very nice and daring. Hehehe.

ya,that bracket is extra de. brought the whole set including mixer,pipes,bowl etc for about $300. quite flimsy.wobbles abit when u pushed it but quite sturdy ba,dont think will fall down so soon.keke. :P

SPAM SPAM.. :dancingqueen:

Love ur spacious living area! :dribble:

Hehe,thx from pics really look quite big.but stand here become very small liao dunno why. keke. :P

Reno Update:

Took weeks choosing the colors. i only knew i wanted purple/black theme for the house cos i am a purple freak. my wife wanted lolipop too but seems very hard to couple it up with other colors as it was a very 'loud' color so she gave in to my purple fetish. :P

But painting black wall confirm let the elders 'nag' de also too much purple will be overkill. thus requested my ID to paint the main purple first and lemme test out how it'll look with neutral colors like grey so i can extend the colors to my mostly black furnitures without too much of a contrast and still get the purple/black theme. The urban grey turned out really well but cannot see well from pic. highly encourage the color for ppl whom dont wanna leave things white. quite monotonous currently with all purple and grey. but once the carpentry/furnitures are in,it'll turn out well i guess. :D

painted001.jpg

Painted002.jpg

Colors used are:

TV wall: Harmonious Purple(ICI,wash&wear)

Living room/Balcony: Urban Grey(Nippon,odourless)

Ceilings/Lboxes: Spring Blush(ICI,light&space)

Rooms wall:Glacier Grey(ICI,dulux-all)

Room Highlight wall: Mysterious(ICI,dulux-all)

Door frames: Suede(ICI,gloss finish)

Gate: Executive grey(ICI gloss finish)

Pipes: kiv (weathershield)

ID nearly fainted when he realised i used all the high grade colors say i really know how to "choose" hor. haha. he ownself asked me choose de,5 colors not inclusive of doors/pipes ma of course i choose the best lo.keke.. think he didnt know Light&space is same price like dulux-all ba. Total cost of painting is 1.1k. its really a steal. :dribble:

ya,that bracket is extra de. brought the whole set including mixer,pipes,bowl etc for about $300. quite flimsy.wobbles abit when u pushed it but quite sturdy ba,dont think will fall down so soon.keke. :P

Wah.. the metallic pipe is how much lei?? Sounds expensive... I also don't know leh. Was advised by the salesman not to install if we are the careless type loh. You know lah, morning wake up blur blur one. High chance we will push one loh. Hahahaha~ so in the end, give up beauty and settle for practical.

the chrome water pipe & basin bottom trap not ex la...$28 only. my invoice nvr show individual price leh. think usually ppl buy as a set ba..

i used it in the kitchen toilet,cos its small & compact..MBR toilet we hack away the 'orbit' vanity top by HDB to build our own lo. decided to not do the window grilles first so can use the $ on the vanity cabinet lo cos we dont have kids yet too and it'll prolly be like 5yrs down the road if we ever need a grille to guard a walking kid. by then. maybe good price can sell the unit liao.keke.dont need do at all maybe. :P