Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just had my place done by Fuse Concept.

Katherine Cher did my house.

During initial meeting, proposed quite a good and interesting design, and did very detailed planning.

However, after signing, 2nd meeting was - After consulting my workers, this cannot, that cannot. After that, no counter proposal. Proposal left out many details and requirements set from first discussion, and I even had to correct her design myself. Was intent on building a 'Nice' and 'Showroom' house, instead of a house that we wanted, and set out to her initially.

Workmanship was poor from her workers, and spoiled various areas in my house, including window frame, kitchen door, bomb shelter rubber strip, main door and parquet.

During hand over, some mismatch to original design, told me will fix all my defects later. Now, 1 month after hand over, I'm still chaising her to fix them. Now, can still tell me its not her fault, and can "Act Blur" to some defects. Still said its unfair that I said these are caused by her workers, workers had followed her for many years, no problems.

I've heard many good designers from Fuse. Company is quite reputable, but please choose your designer carefully.

Regret!

hi all,

anyone tried using ID katerine cher frm fuse. Any feedback or comments...

Katherine did my house, very angry with it.

During initial meeting, said ok to everything, this can do that can do, very detailed planning.

However, after signing, her reply was - after consulting my workers, this cannot, that cannot. After that, no counter proposal. Proposal left out many details from discussion, and I even had to correct her design myself.

Workmanship was poor from her workers, and spoiled my parquet.

During hand over, told me will fix all my defects, but now, 1 month after hand over, I'm still chaising her to fix them. Now, can still tell me its not her fault, and can "Act Blur" to some defects.

Regret!

Hi all, I am currently Fuse concept customer. Just one feedback that I strongly want to bring out:

they charge ridiculously high for bathroom installations - $450 per bathroom. The ID tried to bargain with us saying he will pay half for it

but the fact stays: it's still expensive given that we are only installing 1 rainshower, 2 bidet spray, 3 towel rails and 2 towel roll holder and connecting the water pipes to the bathroom for $900. By cutting half, it just shows how much they are trying to chop us.

Those engaging them - either get your own plumber or buy alot of things for them to install.

It's not about the money, it's just so disappointing that we already paid $27K (excluding plumber and electrician) and we still have to go through the hassle to find our own plumber. Just give me a feeling that I cannot trust them, I must do my own research or be prepared to get chop!

Other work still in progress. Will update at the end of everything.

Hi all

I engaged Dan Wu from Fuse to do up my place. It was completed in Dec last year. I was and still very please with the overall result. Dan is a fabulous designer. He is full of wonderful ideas, very original, will also look into your needs and personality when designing the home. Most importantly, he is a responsible person, making sure all things are well coordinated and completed within the given dateline. 6 months has past and even with minor works need to be done on the carpentry works, Dan will arranged for the guys to be back almost immediately.

I would definitely recommend him as he is very professional and enthusiastic about his work.

Go to his Facebook under Dan Wu ID to view some of his wonderful projects there.

Very disappointed with the plastering and painting jobs. The walls are v wavy, n the paint was patchy. Terribly patchy. N it started chipping a few days after handover. Cracks also appeared. I understand that weathering happens but personally think that it happened too fast too furious! We tried to feedback to the ID and it seems like the answer is always "it's like that, can't be helped". We think either the paint is lousy (dulux all) or the painter is really poorly skilled.

The tiling and sanitary fittings are also poorly done. Workmanship is untidy.

I was ok to pay a premium to engage fuse concept afterall we like the ID and his design. But we find it grossly overpriced for the kind of workmanship and finish they offer. Along the way we also gave feedback n they agreed to redo/ give us "upgrade". If we had not been so proactive many things could have been worse. We think go to fuse for the design but engage your own contractors!

i refer to your earlier posting:

you were very please with their work i thought ? why the sudden changes ? as much as i know Fuse users appointed in house contractors for their projects, im sure fuse have a standard for their contractors to follow and upkeep.

i believe sometime we have to understand the "workmanship" is never a 100% irregardless we pay premuim or not for our renovation, property that worth millions of dollars from well known developers have all this issues too, are they (customers) not paying premuim for their property?

no offence, just my one cent worth. :)

Very disappointed with the plastering and painting jobs. The walls are v wavy, n the paint was patchy. Terribly patchy. N it started chipping a few days after handover. Cracks also appeared. I understand that weathering happens but personally think that it happened too fast too furious! We tried to feedback to the ID and it seems like the answer is always "it's like that, can't be helped". We think either the paint is lousy (dulux all) or the painter is really poorly skilled.

I was ok to pay a premium to engage fuse concept afterall we like the ID and his design. But we find it grossly overpriced for the kind of workmanship and finish they offer. Along the way we also gave feedback n they agreed to redo/ give us "upgrade". If we had not been so proactive many things could have been worse. We think go to fuse for the design but engage your own contractors!

Can Fuse accept go to fuseconcept for the design but engage your own contractors? :disturb::jawdrop:

Edited by matpower

The ID has been fab. very on the ball, great design and good service. we have a great working relationship.

unfortunately the same cant be said for the contractors they use. My house is due for handover soon and I am having a headache from the all round weak workmanship.

hope the defects rectification process would be an efficient and fruitful one.