Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ongpbr

Ceiling Fan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You can try to PM one of our forumer, Bro. I got Fanco fan quotes from him recently, price wise is good compare to some of the lightings shop.

You can try to PM one of our forumer, Bro. I got Fanco fan quotes from him recently, price wise is good compare to some of the lightings shop.

Sorry Bro, I dun get what you mean le??? Can explain as still new in this forum.....Pai Sah

Not Bro lah, is Sis here :P

You asked if we have lobang to get cheap ceiling fan for HDB rite?

Goto to the hyperlink below, you will see a forumer by the name of "bro" who posted some comments. Send him a PM for ceiling fan quotes. Just a note, he has lobang for this brand called Fanco. If you are looking for other brands, he won't be able to help you.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...2525&st=200

Not Bro lah, is Sis here :P

You asked if we have lobang to get cheap ceiling fan for HDB rite?

Goto to the hyperlink below, you will see a forumer by the name of "bro" who posted some comments. Send him a PM for ceiling fan quotes. Just a note, he has lobang for this brand called Fanco. If you are looking for other brands, he won't be able to help you.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...2525&st=200

Pai Sah sis, Thanks for the information :sport-smiley-003:

Hi, any one got good lobang to get ceiling fan for HDB flat. Your inputs pls.

BTW, for ceiling fan do not get one with fan blades shorter than 48-inch. I bought 2 sets KDK fans with remote control for my living and dining areas, and as an afterthought, 2 sets of

AMASCO ceiling fans with light fixtures for my bedrooms.

Guess what? After installing the KDK fan in the living room, I decided not to install the other KDK fan for the dining area. The KDK fan has short blades and therefore does not produce a good wind effect, unless one sits directly under the rotating fan. Moreover, the KDK fan is not easy to install and made a "tok-tok" sound as the fan operates, because the wiring interfered with the housing around the motor head. In the end I left the housing out.

DSC_1436.jpg

Also, I am surprised few forumers mentioned local product brand AMASCO. I am very happy with the AMASCO fans installed in my bedrooms. The wind effect is strong, the fan operates silently and without any wobble, and overall gave me an impression of excellent product quality. And the 2 AMASCO model fans I bought were much cheaper than what i paid for the KDK fans.

DSC_1430.jpg

:yamseng:

Edited by BlueFly

I do not think it is due to the short blade of your KDK that fails to produce a good wind effect. Of course the shorter the blade, the smaller area its wind effect can cover. That's why applefreak bought a 60" fan for her huge living room.

One of the reason could be the KDK fan has no rod, which makes it very close to the ceiling. All ceiling fan need a reasonable gap between the fan blades & ceiling in order to circulate/move the wind. When you go to coffee shops, you might notice they installed 3 blades ceiling fan with long rod. These fans do produce reasonably good wind. From what I know, 3 blades fan is usually meant for industrial purpose, hence their power is pretty strong.

I am still hesitating to go for 3 blades fan or not for my house due to my low ceiling, reason bcos of its weak wind coverage.

BTW, as for your KDK fan, was it installed by KDK dealer? Not a good job though. You should consider lodging a complaint to KDK & make them fix your wiring problem. I have seen a few pics of this KDK short-neck fan in some HDB flats, unlike yours, all of them were covered up with housing.

I do not think it is due to the short blade of your KDK that fails to produce a good wind effect. Of course the shorter the blade, the smaller area its wind effect can cover. That's why applefreak bought a 60" fan for her huge living room.

One of the reason could be the KDK fan has no rod, which makes it very close to the ceiling. All ceiling fan need a reasonable gap between the fan blades & ceiling in order to circulate/move the wind. When you go to coffee shops, you might notice they installed 3 blades ceiling fan with long rod. These fans do produce reasonably good wind. From what I know, 3 blades fan is usually meant for industrial purpose, hence their power is pretty strong.

I am still hesitating to go for 3 blades fan or not for my house due to my low ceiling, reason bcos of its weak wind coverage.

BTW, as for your KDK fan, was it installed by KDK dealer? Not a good job though. You should consider lodging a complaint to KDK & make them fix your wiring problem. I have seen a few pics of this KDK short-neck fan in some HDB flats, unlike yours, all of them were covered up with housing.

Yes, your reason is logical. The more "room" b/w fan blades and ceiling, the more "freer" the air circulation is. Hence you could be right.

But I don't think so. All fans for HDB flats must follow certain height restrictions, or the fans will not be allowed for installation in HDB flats. My AMASCO fans have about the same fan to ceiling height as the KDK ones, yet give me good wind effect, the only difference being the larger fan blades.

No, the KDK fan was installed by my ID. I think the "sound" can be resolved when the excess wires are trimmed and the thingie re-wired. But for now i will leave that to another time.

Thanks for your thoughts. :yamseng:

Edited by BlueFly

BTW, for ceiling fan do not get one with fan blades shorter than 48-inch. I bought 2 sets KDK fans with remote control for my living and dining areas, and as an afterthought, 2 sets of

AMASCO ceiling fans with light fixtures for my bedrooms.

Guess what? After installing the KDK fan in the living room, I decided not to install the other KDK fan for the dining area. The KDK fan has short blades and therefore does not produce a good wind effect, unless one sits directly under the rotating fan. Moreover, the KDK fan is not easy to install and made a "tok-tok" sound as the fan operates, because the wiring interfered with the housing around the motor head. In the end I left the housing out.

DSC_1436.jpg

Also, I am surprised few forumers mentioned local product brand AMASCO. I am very happy with the AMASCO fans installed in my bedrooms. The wind effect is strong, the fan operates silently and without any wobble, and overall gave me an impression of excellent product quality. And the 2 AMASCO model fans I bought were much cheaper than what i paid for the KDK fans.

DSC_1430.jpg

:yamseng:

Hi Bluefly,

I think you must have got your ID to install your KDK fan. I believe that you need to get the qualify KDK techinican or the dealer technicain that you got the fan to install and calibrate your fan instead which I think there are more professional. If there are any problem just go directly to them. Normally, when you buy the fan it should come together with the installation package.

Btw, just check with you, do you have the contact for AMASCO fan info. Can PM me. Thanks.

Hi Bluefly,

I think you must have got your ID to install your KDK fan. I believe that you need to get the qualify KDK techinican or the dealer technicain that you got the fan to install and calibrate your fan instead which I think there are more professional. If there are any problem just go directly to them. Normally, when you buy the fan it should come together with the installation package.

Btw, just check with you, do you have the contact for AMASCO fan info. Can PM me. Thanks.

Thanks for yr comment, ongpbr.

AMASCO fans are being retailed at Suntec Carrfour; also several shops at Jln Besar stock the fans. Got mine from a family-run nondescript shop - Licio Lighting Trading at 359 Jln Besar. Also, AMASCO has a website which I first googled to research the brand and quality.

No, it is not true fans are "normally" sold with installation included. Went to several shops, and all of them will quote the retail price w/o installation. If you want installation they will simply outsource to an electrical contractor for the installation (another $50-$100, varies from shop to shop) and quote you the installaiton cost. Same as for water heaters, etc. And fans don't need calibration, but rather re-balancing, especially because the motor head can be tilted and wobble if the fan blades are not equally weighted and balanced.

My ID and electrician helped to install all the fans. The KDK fan initially was silent, but made the sound only 2 days later, so the sound was not due to any inherent technical problem but simply that the wires were too long and should be shortened, which I will do when I hv the time. :yamseng:

Edited by BlueFly

AMASCO fans are being retailed at Suntec Carrfour; also several shops at Jln Besar stock the fans. Got mine from a family-run nondescript shop - Licio Lighting Trading at 359 Jln Besar. Also, AMASCO has a website which I first googled to research the brand and quality.

No, it is not true fans are "normally" sold with installation included. Went to several shops, and all of them will quote the retail price w/o installation. If you want installation they will simply outsource to an electrical contractor for the installation (another $50-$100, varies from shop to shop) and quote you the installaiton cost. Same as for water heaters, etc. And fans don't need calibration, but rather re-balancing, especially because the motor head can be tilted and wobble if the fan blades are not equally weighted and balanced.

My ID and electrician helped to install all the fans. The KDK fan initially was silent, but made the sound only 2 days later, so the sound was not due to any inherent technical problem but simply that the wires were too long and should be shortened, which I will do when I hv the time. :yamseng:

Thanks the info for the AMASCO fan. Btw which model that you are using now and how much you have purchased. Thanks

Thanks the info for the AMASCO fan. Btw which model that you are using now and how much you have purchased. Thanks

Model is Amasco Model : Merz with 52-inch fan blade - the fan blades are made of wood; bought 2 sets for $320 c/w 25w lighting kit. :yamseng:

Was shopping for ceiling fans and a sales guy advised me that 3 blade short neck fans are not suitable for false ceiling installation as it will be noisy. He recommended we get 5 blade fans to cut the noise....

Of course 5 blade ones more expensive...

Dunno real or bluff one leh ??