Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrspiglet

B&b's First Home

Hee.. I did that too after my 1st appt! I also kept checking my cpf a/c to see when they gave us the subsidy and then wipe all out. hehehee... How's ur contractor/ID search? :)

Haiz....the search is very tiring....still c c look look around....how long does it take for u to settle for your contractor/ID?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Haiz....the search is very tiring....still c c look look around....how long does it take for u to settle for your contractor/ID?

Me ah? I think it took us abt 2mths. :P We took our own sweet time, and in the end kinda delayed out reno starting date. :P8|

Me ah? I think it took us abt 2mths. :P We took our own sweet time, and in the end kinda delayed out reno starting date. :P8|

OIC....nvm abt the search....if the search is worthwhile...meaning the ID and the firm dun give u major pro can liao...so far u ok wif them?

May I how much is your reno cost u?

Wow, I like your choice of tiles! Esp the resort bathrooms.

I wanted to create that feel, but it turned out to be something else. haha.

Oh! So this time is to try the gowns after they alter for u ah? How many outfits ur BS (pinkpetter, BS is Bridal Studio, PS is Photo Shoot :) ) gave u for PS? Huh? The pple there not nice ah?

Confirm today is Thurs, so congrates on starting ur reno! :D:dancingqueen:

Thanks Angel! Yes! it finally started! But i suddenly felt a very strong sense of guilt. Tell more in my next entry...

Wow, I like your choice of tiles! Esp the resort bathrooms.

I wanted to create that feel, but it turned out to be something else. haha.

Thks lawry! i hope the outcome is gd too. At least my 21k is worth it...

Reno Day 1

It's a long n tiring day.... But fruitful!

Went up to the house early morning to confirm electrical points w contractor... n i just caught the "1st drill" of my house! Like ground breaking ceremony.... but my heart was aching, n feeling so guilty. All the wall n floor tiles in kitchen were actually very gd n could have been kept. It was like hearing my mum's nagging voice in the backgrd..."u all youngster ah... dunno how to appreciate gd things. only know how to spend money n drill things in gd condition away..." :unsure:

So.. i was in mixed feeling all the way till now. And still feeling guilty.

reno1a.jpg

Ground breaking ceremony...

reno1b.jpg

Plastering. The stacks of plastering powder mixture for the whole house. Plastering is another one that makes me guilty. But i'm feeling a little better now after seeing the after-plastering results..

reno1c.jpg

Cornies down!! This one i'm not guilty, its a definite thing to get rid of!

Went back again to inspect. The workers nvr close my windows, nv off my rm lights. 8| We dunno if it was meant to be or wat, cos i even see a pair of pants hanging on my door knob. Call the contractor, he apologise n say he's gonna scold the last person who leave the house. My lights are still on now!! My electrical bill ah.... :furious:

reno1d.jpg

End result of today's drilling. The door was the original toilet entrance sealed up by the 1st owner.

reno1e.jpg

Smooth walls!! Like hub said.. so pretty!

1st stop after morning inspection was the hardware shop recommended by Rondy. The basin n kitchen sink is cheap! Double bowl only $133, n its deep deep one. But i dun like the fact the uncle always quote price without GST, so end up i have recalculate again. Taps not nice enough, so we went back J.Besar to hunt again.

To PJ first, couldnt find anything i like or within my budget. Except for the $120 WC. Sounds great for my common toilet. So next off to Bellari for the 3rd time and bought all my taps/mixers/shower heads!! :dancingqueen:

DSCF1035.jpg

Most expensive buy for the day. Its still $100+ cheaper than what PJ offered. And its nicer!

DSCF1039.jpg

This is for the rainshower set. Bought something similar for common toilet as well. The lady even tested the water pressure for us in her toilet!

DSCF1043.jpg

MBR toilet tap which is above my budget, but nice.. so give in to hub's request. :notti:

DSCF1047.jpg

DSCF1045.jpg

Handspray x 2, complete with the square valve. $28/set... more ex than PJ but i'm sold becos of the valve.

.. in the carpark, we were questioning ourselves "wat would both our parents think when they realised we spent a few hundreds on taps n shower sets?" MADE OF GOLD AH??

Edited by mrspiglet

WAHHH :) STARTED!!!! and seems like quite a bit done in a day!

Plastered walls look do good!

haha ok la your lights on for a while.. my toilet light in common bath was on for 6 days and couldn't be switched off unless we off the main cos the person DIDN'T WIRE IT to any switch! :P

I love your rainshower!!

.. in the carpark, we were questioning ourselves "wat would both our parents think when they realised we spent a few hundreds on taps n shower sets?" MADE OF GOLD AH??

I so understand what you mean... My wife and I keep quiet about our purchase... :P Lol...

Wah mrspiglet! U did lots of stuff yesterday ah! Hehehe, the workers very fast also. :)

I also felt abit guilty to hack away the balcony tiles, as they were still in good condition. But then again, I'm never going to have another "1st house" again. The next time I shift house (if I shift!), I'll have lots of other priorities liao, and may not be able to spend so much on reno. So just went ahead to hack them away. :) So... don't feel too guilty bah. :) It'll be worth it, especially after seeing the new tiles. :P

Ur $120 WC is it the P-trap one? I think I bought that as well. :) Wah, ur handspray is cute! Which colour did u get? I like the matt silver one, so cool!

OIC....nvm abt the search....if the search is worthwhile...meaning the ID and the firm dun give u major pro can liao...so far u ok wif them?

May I how much is your reno cost u?

Hee.. Yupz, agree that the search is worthwhile. The contractor didn't give us any pblms so far. :) My final quote inclusive of the extras added is $36k. :)

Edited by Angel81

rondy:

ya i went. The kitchen sink is really much cheaper than elsewhere, but the taps are really too normal looking. I dun really like their service, the uncle who served us (Ah kiat) is super hard selling. keep pushing us to buy the taps despite i already say i dun like the outlook, he still criticize me saying gd looking no use, must be gd. I know lah, but his tap is not really super cheap in the 1st place also, with that price i can always buy something more chio mah... i more superficial cannot meh. :furious:

He pissed me off further today again over the phone. Shall not bother to talk abt it, but all in all.. i'll only get ONE kitchen bowl from him n tts all. Irritating uncle.

pinkpetter:

i say my day will be fully packed liao.. so i fly everywhere lor! :notti: not forgetting gown fitting somemore... then go back to house to inspect. *Phew!

plaster wall nice hor?? :sport-smiley-004: rainshower also chio chio... but burn a hole in the pocket lor.. hopefully my gas heater is enough to give me a decent "rain" :dancingqueen:

PsyfaQ:

Hihi!!! Ooopss. u spent a lot also issit? I was telling my mum i saw a toilet basin @ $80, she already :jawdrop: cannot imagine her face if i tell her my rainshower set cost me a few hundreds. think she will faint! :P

Angel:

U've got a gd point!! i would have other priorities when i shift next time too! so might as well do a decent one now n be happy for at least the next 5-10yrs!

Wat is P-trap? I dunno leh, i only asked for cheapest avail WC. For handspray I got the shiny one, but i think i'll call to chge to the matt one... :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by mrspiglet

Went up to the house early morning to confirm electrical points w contractor... n i just caught the "1st drill" of my house! Like ground breaking ceremony.... but my heart was aching, n feeling so guilty. All the wall n floor tiles in kitchen were actually very gd n could have been kept. It was like hearing my mum's nagging voice in the backgrd..."u all youngster ah... dunno how to appreciate gd things. only know how to spend money n drill things in gd condition away..." :unsure:

So.. i was in mixed feeling all the way till now. And still feeling guilty.

Haha, my parents had the same mentality.

That's why when they choose house, they were looking for nice windows, nice flooring, nice doors. (as if buying a condo), they found one in that's within their acceptable requirement, just need to refurbish it a bit, though it still looks a bit dated, and I need to spend on some carpentry before I can move in. But the owner was demanding a $30k COV for a $300k west facing unit. The living room and 2 bedrooms are getting a full blast. I had my reservations to settle for that.

Lucky before they could decide, I found another unit around the same area, the inside conditions were quite terok, no qualms about hacking it all off and replace with new ones. Price was less than $5k COV, good direction, cheaper valuation ($293k) somemore. I have used all that COV $$ I saved for overhaul renovation. hehe.

Conclusion, find an unit that's as messy as possible, one which you will just bomb up and redo. haha.

That's why when they choose house, they were looking for nice windows, nice flooring, nice doors. (as if buying a condo), they found one in that's within their acceptable requirement, just need to refurbish it a bit, though it still looks a bit dated, and I need to spend on some carpentry before I can move in. But the owner was demanding a $30k COV for a $300k west facing unit. The living room and 2 bedrooms are getting a full blast. I had my reservations to settle for that.

Lucky before they could decide, I found another unit around the same area, the inside conditions were quite terok, no qualms about hacking it all off and replace with new ones. Price was less than $5k COV, good direction, cheaper valuation ($293k) somemore. I have used all that COV $$ I saved for overhaul renovation. hehe.

Conclusion, find an unit that's as messy as possible, one which you will just bomb up and redo. haha.

Hey, i do agree with you a lot! i spent $0 on my COV when i bought my house, because everything absolutely everything in bad condition. simply cannot bear to stay at this kinda house, right? :yamseng::sport-smiley-003:

Angel:

U've got a gd point!! i would have other priorities when i shift next time too! so might as well do a decent one now n be happy for at least the next 5-10yrs!

Wat is P-trap? I dunno leh, i only asked for cheapest avail WC. For handspray I got the shiny one, but i think i'll call to chge to the matt one... :sport-smiley-018:

Hehehe.. At least that's my way of thinking. Do whatever u really really don't like, & will see very often. For those that u don't see often and can bear with it, KIV till got more $$ then do. Those that u can live with it day-in-day-out, then keep. :P

Alamak, I don't reali know hw to explain. P-trap toilets are those to b fixed to the walls. S-trap toilets are those to b fixed to the floor. Sth like that. Hahah.. That time our contractor told us to get 2 S-traps one and 1 P-trap one, so we get loh. haha

Hee.. Matt one v niceeeeee!

Haha! Yah, I agree with u. It's either get a unit that's as terok as possible so can hack everything, or get a nice nice one and just move in. Sometimes when u get a halfway-there-reno unit, it's pretty hard to agree on what to keep and what not.

Hey, i do agree with you a lot! i spent $0 on my COV when i bought my house, because everything absolutely everything in bad condition. simply cannot bear to stay at this kinda house, right? :yamseng::sport-smiley-003:

Hehehe.. Very good purchase! $0 COV and can redo everything to ur liking. Hehehe..

u talking abt my unit? Nice windows (ok lah, not too bad), nice floors (yes, broken marble floor), west facing unit (east n west in fact, MBR facing west! but hub like leh, he say like tt i wun keep sleeping).

I tot i could save a bit w the marble floor. End up $10k COV + $21k reno. Back to square one :bangwall:

if i were to choose all over again, i oso wan $0 COV n do everything from scratch. But i dun think i can afford another reno in the next 5yrs....Pockets drained!

Hehehe.. At least that's my way of thinking. Do whatever u really really don't like, & will see very often. For those that u don't see often and can bear with it, KIV till got more $$ then do. Those that u can live with it day-in-day-out, then keep. :P

Alamak, I don't reali know hw to explain. P-trap toilets are those to b fixed to the walls. S-trap toilets are those to b fixed to the floor. Sth like that. Hahah.. That time our contractor told us to get 2 S-traps one and 1 P-trap one, so we get loh. haha

Hee.. Matt one v niceeeeee!

huh? Jialat. I just buy leh, w/o knowing wat is P or S. I tot WC is just the inches offset from the wall to the sewage hole?

I just called n chge my handspray to matt liao! :dancingqueen:

i'm actually quite concern y they use plastic, but their reason also valid lah. Cos customer feedback say they drop their handspray n crack the floor tiles. Rather chge handspray then repair floor. Hmm.. sounds logical.