Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrspiglet

B&b's First Home

i dun know her personally, but she has very kindly invited me to her house to view her contractor's works.

i'll PM u my email. :)

I have sent my layout to your email. Hope it is of some help to you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I have sent my layout to your email. Hope it is of some help to you.

thks! I've seen ur layout, similar to mine, but notice that our main door position are diff. I cant adopt the same as urs becos my sofa has to be at the position i've draw and that pretty much fixed the position of the TV console to be under the beam.

I'm fine w the layout just that headache where to put the dinning table. Cannot swop dinning/living rm over also becos the dinning ard is much smaller.

hi mrspiglet, how about shifting the orientation of the sofa?

i.e. having the L-shape the other way

then turn the shoe cabinet a right angle and use the back as tv console?

this way the dining table can be at the wall of the MBR/kitchen :dunno: :dunno:

hi mrspiglet, how about shifting the orientation of the sofa?

i.e. having the L-shape the other way

then turn the shoe cabinet a right angle and use the back as tv console?

this way the dining table can be at the wall of the MBR/kitchen :dunno: :dunno:

hi apple!! u mean shift the longer side of L to along the windows side? I doubt can pass thru my FS auditor (aka my mama :( ). Was thinking putting dinning table along the wall outside my MBR, but i scare not enough walking space.

I have the same problem that you faced. I met him last week to discuss the floorplan and it took close to 2 months to come out with the quote. So I guess you have to be patient abit.

He just fly kit 3 times right. That's not too bad. See mine:

First meeting, end Dec: Gave him the floor plan to quote.

Second meeting, mid Jan: Didn't turn up, did not answer call.

Third meeting, mid Jan: Didn't turn up, will arrange weekend.

Four meeting mid Jan: Didn't turn up. After that, couldn't contact him.

Five meeting, early Feb: He forgotten, will arrange the next day.

Six meeting, early Feb: He lost the floorplan so cannot meet, got to find the floorplan.

Seven meeting, early Feb: Finally meetup but no quote because cannot find floorplan. Give him another floorplan.

Eight meeting: He lost the floorplan again but luckily found on the same day. He wrote the quote on the spot.

Just to let you know that currently he is handling several projects at one go so he is abit up to the neck. If you are not in the rush to renovate, give him a little more time.

WAH Gaku... I didn't know yours is so bad! For me, I faxed him my floorplan and items and he gave me my first quote that very night with a drawing of the kitchen. Then two days later I called him to *negotiate* and he gave me a cheaper quote the next day. Then after viewing his works, he gave me a final quotation 2 days after viewing. mmm I really had no idea he dragged yours for so long.. He ah 8|

Ya he can be quite busy. But the main bulk of the reno he will finish asap cos he pays his workers by the day. So once he starts he will want to finish the main things fast. After that rectification might take some time but they are mostly minor items... mine took 4 visits over a month. I just badgered him for one more visit soon.

i've seen xiao mei n confirm she's young! Much much younger than me at least... :(

Such unfriendly seller. The moment sell u the house already they refuse entry. Of cos u can view all u want after u get keys, its ur house already wat. The seller say already as gd as nvr say. :bleah:

the appt letter usually comes very late. only a few days b4 the completion date. So better than u check online at HDB website n preempt him earlier. Otherwise the seller may turn out to be like mine - say no time for his tenants to shift!

Realised i did not post my intended layout.

Todofloorplanfurniturelayout.jpg

The sofa has to be at where it is. So we have to do a half wall for the TV cables under the beam. Now the problem is, where shd i place my dining table? It seems a bit troublesome to walk all the way across the living rm to the existing proposed dinning area, but i dun want it to be in the kitchen either.

Any suggestions?

haha WHOA No wonder my ears itch today cos there are people talking about me! I'm not very young la... :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

I do hope that ultra-busy contractor of mine gets back to you guys soon.

My seller was very stingy but I was surprised that he let me into the flat to view once before 2nd appt. But then the tenants had moved out way before that so maybe that's why he was more willing.

Ya to place the dining table at that wall will make it quite inconvenient. What about in the kitchen but with a glass divider? mm but that's extra cost...

mm now I know what you mean when you said the placement of the sofa is difficult... urgh

WAH Gaku... I didn't know yours is so bad! For me, I faxed him my floorplan and items and he gave me my first quote that very night with a drawing of the kitchen. Then two days later I called him to *negotiate* and he gave me a cheaper quote the next day. Then after viewing his works, he gave me a final quotation 2 days after viewing. mmm I really had no idea he dragged yours for so long.. He ah 8|

Ya he can be quite busy. But the main bulk of the reno he will finish asap cos he pays his workers by the day. So once he starts he will want to finish the main things fast. After that rectification might take some time but they are mostly minor items... mine took 4 visits over a month. I just badgered him for one more visit soon.

haha WHOA No wonder my ears itch today cos there are people talking about me! I'm not very young la... :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

I do hope that ultra-busy contractor of mine gets back to you guys soon.

My seller was very stingy but I was surprised that he let me into the flat to view once before 2nd appt. But then the tenants had moved out way before that so maybe that's why he was more willing.

Ya to place the dining table at that wall will make it quite inconvenient. What about in the kitchen but with a glass divider? mm but that's extra cost...

mm now I know what you mean when you said the placement of the sofa is difficult... urgh

ur reaction delay liao lah, it shd have been itching since yday. haha! U r young, it wasnt intentional, but i happen to see ur birth yr.. u r sooo young! If i'm not wrong, u shd be 6 yrs young than me. ok, put it this way... we r both young! :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

Ur superman contractor finally meeting us tonight. Finally... let's hope he dun fly kite again.

My mum dun encourage dining table in kitchen. hub dun like the idea also, he say kitchen very hot. In order to encourage me to place the dinning table beside the sofa, she say buy smaller sofa. But me n hub like to nua on sofa leh, each person take 1 side of the L so it must be decently long also. :dunno:

WHOA is it *scratch head* but I could've sworn we look like we're of the same age.. :P I shall wander about and look for where you saw my birth year. hahahah :)

Ya dining in the kitchen CAN be a little warm esp since yours is the long sort. mmm Seems like that's the only way your sofa can be placed..

Open concept kitchen? Will you cook a lot?

WAH he better meet you all ah. otherwise I get angry with him also! :P

Edited by pinkpetter

hi apple!! u mean shift the longer side of L to along the windows side? I doubt can pass thru my FS auditor (aka my mama :( ). Was thinking putting dinning table along the wall outside my MBR, but i scare not enough walking space.

i mean shift the short side away from the window side

look like a 7 instead of inverted L now

something like this :notti: :notti:

livingroom.jpg

livingroom.jpg

Congrates on your new house. It's the same floor plan and my current one :notti: before upgrading to a 5I. :P

WHOA is it *scratch head* but I could've sworn we look like we're of the same age.. :P I shall wander about and look for where you saw my birth year. hahahah :)

Ya dining in the kitchen CAN be a little warm esp since yours is the long sort. mmm Seems like that's the only way your sofa can be placed..

Open concept kitchen? Will you cook a lot?

WAH he better meet you all ah. otherwise I get angry with him also! :P

Hehe! Cannot be lah, u r my youngest sis's age. I'm turning into an auntie soon... n more than 2 cycles of my chinese horoscope!

I dun cook often, but according to my FS audit she say must cover up my kitchen. We also have the same intention, to contain the oil n smoke within the kitchen so i dun have to mop my living room floor after hub cooks each time.

Yes he finally met us last night!!!! i waited n waited at hub's place coffeeshop, no turn up. Wanted to go home liao, then thkfully he called! So we met up at my new place instead. Today also suppose to meet at my place at 2, but he no show, so we went to Mayers sale. He called the moment i reach the warehouse. Argh!

But best news... my reno starting next Tues!! :dancingqueen:

livingroom.jpg

Hmm, looks gd. But i may have to hold back the dining table plan 1st until i finalise my sofa length. Now sofa gotta shift nearer to the kitchen becos the beam beside the window will need to do a box up to cover the super ugly gas/electrical pipes and to hide the new position of the DB box.

U very onz leh.. still help me redraw my floorplan... :good:

Congrates on your new house. It's the same floor plan and my current one :notti: before upgrading to a 5I. :P

Thks!! Its really a very big unit w big living room, but i realised the rooms are a little smaller than my current 104sqm 4A. ;)

Hehe! Cannot be lah, u r my youngest sis's age. I'm turning into an auntie soon... n more than 2 cycles of my chinese horoscope!

I dun cook often, but according to my FS audit she say must cover up my kitchen. We also have the same intention, to contain the oil n smoke within the kitchen so i dun have to mop my living room floor after hub cooks each time.

Yes he finally met us last night!!!! i waited n waited at hub's place coffeeshop, no turn up. Wanted to go home liao, then thkfully he called! So we met up at my new place instead. Today also suppose to meet at my place at 2, but he no show, so we went to Mayers sale. He called the moment i reach the warehouse. Argh!

But best news... my reno starting next Tues!! :dancingqueen:

HE AH! :bangwall: tell you ah next time he say he will meet you all you give him a call 15 min BEFORE the time he suppose to meet you all. Just to confirm. Soooo YOU also engaged him??? :)

Tuesday?! So fast!

HE AH! :bangwall: tell you ah next time he say he will meet you all you give him a call 15 min BEFORE the time he suppose to meet you all. Just to confirm. Soooo YOU also engaged him??? :)

Tuesday?! So fast!

gosh.. reading all the problems u all faced... a bit scare of renovation man.. expecting to get my flat in the next 2 mths i think....

Frankly, so all of u engaged or will engage him??

jemjem

Tuesday?! So fast!

he did preempt us, but usually will say "i driving off from xxx place now and will reach ur house in 20/30 mins". So wherever we are, will rush down to our house to meet him in case we MISSED him again! LOL!

Yday night was the 1st time i met up w him, b4 that only hub doing all the arrangements. Very candid uncle and he looks like the 'lao hero' in the ch8 sitcom show!

Yes!! we decided to go ahead w him. His eventual quote for us exceeded a few k, but that becos my dear hubby decided to throw in a lot of things since Ah Soon's prices are really cheap. Now additonal on my list got TV console, MBR TV console/cabinet (!!!!), shoe rack n kitchen wall tiles! 8|8|8|

But must really credit this uncle for his 'fast'. Everything also fast, he talk also fast, chop chop finish talking to us he rushing for next place. N he dun wanna drag until Mar then start cos he already got a lot of projects starting in Mar, so he say "ok ah, start next tues. 3 wks i handover house to u all." :jawdrop: Arrange for us to select tiles tmr!

Now my turn to panick. We only bought 1 WC + basin, everything else haven buy!!

hahhaha you better hurry hurry choose!! cos once he start he will rush you all for the WC and the sinks... :)

Ya so now you know what I mean by he really BO PIAN. He really doesn't have time to relax and talk. So Sunday when he switches off his phone I think he really deserves the break.

YAY tomorrow select tiles!! Where? at Sin Lek Eunos there? if you all can't see what you like there... just go to Hafary or the LSH... he can also collect from those places one. :) You just rem to get the model number of the tile for him and tell him where you want it so that he can calculate the number of tiles. :P

hehe nvm nvm.. add a little bit more ok one. :) Remember to ask for freebies when the reno is going on ok? Dun pai seh. :P If the thing is going to cost you he will tell you. :)