Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrspiglet

B&b's First Home

Yalor, Yeak's quote is $26k leh!

Wah.. I rem u saying that your other quote was like $20+ k. That amount is lesser than $26k ah? Haiz.. Did u ask Yeak to give discounts?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Wah.. I rem u saying that your other quote was like $20+ k. That amount is lesser than $26k ah? Haiz.. Did u ask Yeak to give discounts?

Nv ask him abt discounts. Cos 1st quote already so high, no matter how i bargain also cannot be lesser than 20k? Rondy did whole house for 27k, i do 2 toilet+kitchen $26k.. :(

Then Ah Soon got get back to you? That day after you left I called him and reminded him to give you a good quote.. he promised 18k le..

thks for helping to bargain!! but he ah... 8|8|8|

Yes, he also say he can do it within 18k. He tried to fix an appt to meet hub to show him the quote, but fly hub's kite 3rd time today! Mon say meet, nv meet. Then say yday, also nvm meet. Today say will meet, AGAIN not free! My hub just called me to complain. Say now fixed on fri, if still dun meet up he strike Ah soon off the list already. :furious:

Nv ask him abt discounts. Cos 1st quote already so high, no matter how i bargain also cannot be lesser than 20k? Rondy did whole house for 27k, i do 2 toilet+kitchen $26k.. :(

Yes, he also say he can do it within 18k. He tried to fix an appt to meet hub to show him the quote, but fly hub's kite 3rd time today! Mon say meet, nv meet. Then say yday, also nvm meet. Today say will meet, AGAIN not free! My hub just called me to complain. Say now fixed on fri, if still dun meet up he strike Ah soon off the list already. :furious:

HAIZZZZ he's really very busy. This is something we experienced also. Poor thing. I do hope he does contact you guys fast!

Har?? Just 2 toilets + kitchen $26k? That's abit too much liao leh. Care to show me ur quote? I compare with my prices?

Wah.. Ah Soon so busy ah? Did he at least call to say that he can't make it and need to postpone? How about asking him to send the quote via email first?

I have the same problem that you faced. I met him last week to discuss the floorplan and it took close to 2 months to come out with the quote. So I guess you have to be patient abit.

He just fly kit 3 times right. That's not too bad. See mine:

First meeting, end Dec: Gave him the floor plan to quote.

Second meeting, mid Jan: Didn't turn up, did not answer call.

Third meeting, mid Jan: Didn't turn up, will arrange weekend.

Four meeting mid Jan: Didn't turn up. After that, couldn't contact him.

Five meeting, early Feb: He forgotten, will arrange the next day.

Six meeting, early Feb: He lost the floorplan so cannot meet, got to find the floorplan.

Seven meeting, early Feb: Finally meetup but no quote because cannot find floorplan. Give him another floorplan.

Eight meeting: He lost the floorplan again but luckily found on the same day. He wrote the quote on the spot.

Just to let you know that currently he is handling several projects at one go so he is abit up to the neck. If you are not in the rush to renovate, give him a little more time.

HAIZZZZ he's really very busy. This is something we experienced also. Poor thing. I do hope he does contact you guys fast!

Hub was telling me, "seems like all contractors all super busy one leh??" I hope he gets to me fast too.. :(

Har?? Just 2 toilets + kitchen $26k? That's abit too much liao leh. Care to show me ur quote? I compare with my prices?

Wah.. Ah Soon so busy ah? Did he at least call to say that he can't make it and need to postpone? How about asking him to send the quote via email first?

I was a bit shocked when i saw the pricing too! I'll PM u my quote in a short while.

Ah Soon super busy lor! My hub wanna talk face to face leh, since he already say can do within 18k.

I have the same problem that you faced. I met him last week to discuss the floorplan and it took close to 2 months to come out with the quote. So I guess you have to be patient abit.

He just fly kit 3 times right. That's not too bad. See mine:

First meeting, end Dec: Gave him the floor plan to quote.

Second meeting, mid Jan: Didn't turn up, did not answer call.

Third meeting, mid Jan: Didn't turn up, will arrange weekend.

Four meeting mid Jan: Didn't turn up. After that, couldn't contact him.

Five meeting, early Feb: He forgotten, will arrange the next day.

Six meeting, early Feb: He lost the floorplan so cannot meet, got to find the floorplan.

Seven meeting, early Feb: Finally meetup but no quote because cannot find floorplan. Give him another floorplan.

Eight meeting: He lost the floorplan again but luckily found on the same day. He wrote the quote on the spot.

Just to let you know that currently he is handling several projects at one go so he is abit up to the neck. If you are not in the rush to renovate, give him a little more time.

:bow::bow::bow: u've got lots of patience! in the end did u get him? i rembr u mentioned ur budget also very tight right? Seems like he's one of the cheapest ard with reasonable QC.

I heard from hub Ah Soon said he got 7 houses on hand now, and just handed over 10 during CNY. His biz is really gd! Probably becos he earns by doing more but charging cheap. But i'm in a rush, cos my wedding is less than 6mths away and i hope to settle the house reno b4 i get busy with wedding prep again. :(

u've got lots of patience! in the end did u get him? i rembr u mentioned ur budget also very tight right? Seems like he's one of the cheapest ard with reasonable QC.

I heard from hub Ah Soon said he got 7 houses on hand now, and just handed over 10 during CNY. His biz is really gd! Probably becos he earns by doing more but charging cheap. But i'm in a rush, cos my wedding is less than 6mths away and i hope to settle the house reno b4 i get busy with wedding prep again. :(

Yes you are right, I have a tight budget and I have not engaged him yet. I am waiting for 2nd appointment and not in a hurry. So I got sometime to compare quotes. Frankly if you consider his quote per items without the discount, it can cost more than ID. But the discount he gave is very attractive. Maybe that is the amount ID markup for their service. My only concern is the aftersales service since it is always difficult to meet him.

Yes you are right, I have a tight budget and I have not engaged him yet. I am waiting for 2nd appointment and not in a hurry. So I got sometime to compare quotes. Frankly if you consider his quote per items without the discount, it can cost more than ID. But the discount he gave is very attractive. Maybe that is the amount ID markup for their service. My only concern is the aftersales service since it is always difficult to meet him.

he seems ok for Pinkpetter leh. I went up to her house to view his works and he did go up to do rectifications after handover. The only question is i dunno how long does he 'warranty' his works, esp the wet works.

so far IDs all quoting me ard $26k, 1 contractor quoting me $24k, all exclusive of electrical works! Frankly how much he quote per item doesnt matter already, i only look at the final amt. I compare items by items in so many quotations until i realise it will end up almost the same. So long as final bill is within my budget... i'll just let him do. :)

Where's ur t-blog? Show pic leh!! :sport-smiley-018:

he seems ok for Pinkpetter leh. I went up to her house to view his works and he did go up to do rectifications after handover. The only question is i dunno how long does he 'warranty' his works, esp the wet works.

so far IDs all quoting me ard $26k, 1 contractor quoting me $24k, all exclusive of electrical works! Frankly how much he quote per item doesnt matter already, i only look at the final amt. I compare items by items in so many quotations until i realise it will end up almost the same. So long as final bill is within my budget... i'll just let him do. :)

Where's ur t-blog? Show pic leh!! :sport-smiley-018:

He mentioned Xiao Mei introduced many people to him so I guess he feels grateful.

I do agree with you the final bill more important. So you are getting another contractor for electrical work?

I do not have a t-blog (not that Techsavy). For the resale flat that I bought, I do not have any pictures. I only took a glance around Nov last year before placing desposit. After that I have not seen the flat. The owner did not allow me to view even after first appointment. He told me I can view after he hand over the keys. To be on the positive side, I think he doesn't want me to disturb his tenants.

He mentioned Xiao Mei introduced many people to him so I guess he feels grateful.

I do agree with you the final bill more important. So you are getting another contractor for electrical work?

I do not have a t-blog (not that Techsavy). For the resale flat that I bought, I do not have any pictures. I only took a glance around Nov last year before placing desposit. After that I have not seen the flat. The owner did not allow me to view even after first appointment. He told me I can view after he hand over the keys. To be on the positive side, I think he doesn't want me to disturb his tenants.

haha! the xiao mei is really xiao lor. She's so young!

very easy to get a t-blog, we'll teach u if u want!

how come ur owner like tt one? just go in n take pic will disturb his tenants meh? U'll also need to inspect the house in details so that u know roughly wat r the reno u need to do, not to mention u also need to inspect the house b4 2nd appt to ensure the house is in proper condition. When is ur 2nd appt?

haha! the xiao mei is really xiao lor. She's so young!

very easy to get a t-blog, we'll teach u if u want!

how come ur owner like tt one? just go in n take pic will disturb his tenants meh? U'll also need to inspect the house in details so that u know roughly wat r the reno u need to do, not to mention u also need to inspect the house b4 2nd appt to ensure the house is in proper condition. When is ur 2nd appt?

I have not seen xiao mei and so do not if she is young.

In comparison, I am a old man and difficult to learn new tricks.

Actually he is the brother of the owner and also the PA as the actual owner is living overseas. At first, his agent agree to let us view but upon checking with the owner, I got the reply that I can view all I want after getting the keys.

Regarding the inspection b4 2nd appt, his agent told us he will let us know when we can view. Most probably one day before the appt.

My second appt is on 4th wk of Mar.

I have not seen xiao mei and so do not if she is young.

In comparison, I am a old man and difficult to learn new tricks.

Actually he is the brother of the owner and also the PA as the actual owner is living overseas. At first, his agent agree to let us view but upon checking with the owner, I got the reply that I can view all I want after getting the keys.

Regarding the inspection b4 2nd appt, his agent told us he will let us know when we can view. Most probably one day before the appt.

My second appt is on 4th wk of Mar.

i've seen xiao mei n confirm she's young! Much much younger than me at least... :(

Such unfriendly seller. The moment sell u the house already they refuse entry. Of cos u can view all u want after u get keys, its ur house already wat. The seller say already as gd as nvr say. :bleah:

the appt letter usually comes very late. only a few days b4 the completion date. So better than u check online at HDB website n preempt him earlier. Otherwise the seller may turn out to be like mine - say no time for his tenants to shift!

Realised i did not post my intended layout.

Todofloorplanfurniturelayout.jpg

The sofa has to be at where it is. So we have to do a half wall for the TV cables under the beam. Now the problem is, where shd i place my dining table? It seems a bit troublesome to walk all the way across the living rm to the existing proposed dinning area, but i dun want it to be in the kitchen either.

Any suggestions?

i've seen xiao mei n confirm she's young! Much much younger than me at least... :(

Such unfriendly seller. The moment sell u the house already they refuse entry. Of cos u can view all u want after u get keys, its ur house already wat. The seller say already as gd as nvr say. :bleah:

the appt letter usually comes very late. only a few days b4 the completion date. So better than u check online at HDB website n preempt him earlier. Otherwise the seller may turn out to be like mine - say no time for his tenants to shift!

Realised i did not post my intended layout.

Todofloorplanfurniturelayout.jpg

The sofa has to be at where it is. So we have to do a half wall for the TV cables under the beam. Now the problem is, where shd i place my dining table? It seems a bit troublesome to walk all the way across the living rm to the existing proposed dinning area, but i dun want it to be in the kitchen either.

Any suggestions?

Ic, so you know each other. I got the impression maybe she might not be very young cos she sounded very knowledgeable.

Thanks for the advise to check HDB website. I will see if I can check tonight.

My initial design was similar to yours, but due to cost contraint, I have to move the wall features toward the wall. Dining table are placed near the shoe rack. If you like, I can send you my draft layout. Do let me know your email.

Edited by gaku70

Ic, so you know each other. I got the impression maybe she might not be very young cos she sounded very knowledgeable.

Thanks for the advise to check HDB website. I will see if I can check tonight.

My initial design was similar to yours, but due to cost contraint, I have to move the wall features toward the wall. Dining table are placed near the shoe rack. If you like, I can send you my draft layout. Do let me know your email.

i dun know her personally, but she has very kindly invited me to her house to view her contractor's works.

i'll PM u my email. :)