Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ClockworkO

Agent's Commision

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi all,

chanced upon this website and im so glad that i found this 'place'! its informative and with lots of help from experience people out here :)

i would like to know if the selling commission is now at 2% and buying com is 1%? these figures above are not fixed right? meaning its negotiable??

also what happens if the same agent handles the buy and sell for me? how much will the agent earn?

anyone know which company enforces a fixed com for the transactions?

thanks in advance! :wub:

Hi, standard market rate is 2% for selling and 1% for buying. But since it the same agent, you can ask if com can be negotiated..it's alot of money...some agents will give discounts out of good will..it basically depends whether your agent is open for discussion.

quote name='felin03' date='Jun 10 2009, 03:19 PM' post='407291']

hi all,

chanced upon this website and im so glad that i found this 'place'! its informative and with lots of help from experience people out here :)

i would like to know if the selling commission is now at 2% and buying com is 1%? these figures above are not fixed right? meaning its negotiable??

also what happens if the same agent handles the buy and sell for me? how much will the agent earn?

anyone know which company enforces a fixed com for the transactions?

thanks in advance! :wub:

Yes it used to be like 2% for seller and 1% for buyer but I believe somewhere last year, the rules was changed making it flexi. I had personally met agents who are offering 0.5% for buyers.

Yes it used to be like 2% for seller and 1% for buyer but I believe somewhere last year, the rules was changed making it flexi. I had personally met agents who are offering 0.5% for buyers.

hi

Are they suppose to tell us beforehand or if we didn't ask, it will be assume to be the standard percentage?

My agent also did the buy & sell for me. Buying gave him 1% but manage to negotiate for discount for the selling. If you let them handle both, should be able to get discount.

Also see how comfortable you are with the agent, if the first buy/sell and he already gives you problem, you better not retain the fellow.

For our case, we only offered to let him sell for us after seeing how he got a good price for us during the buying process.

Yes if they keep quiet can assume its the std prevailing rates. But its always better to address in a jest like, "Hey, some agents are doing 0.5%". Test whats their reaction to this, I know I did that hahahaha

Yup agree. No harm trying. You asked there' chance of discount given dun ask ..everybody assumed as usual...

Yes if they keep quiet can assume its the std prevailing rates. But its always better to address in a jest like, "Hey, some agents are doing 0.5%". Test whats their reaction to this, I know I did that hahahaha

thank u all for ur replies! shall try this technique if i manage to find a good agent to do the buy n sell for me. :)

mine is 0.5% for buying

My buying is at 1%, selling at 2%(No GST) same agent.

Next week going to pay him the com...

My question is; can I negotiate with the agent since already

signed the OTP form to reduce to 1.5%?

My buying is at 1%, selling at 2%(No GST) same agent.

Next week going to pay him the com...

My question is; can I negotiate with the agent since already

signed the OTP form to reduce to 1.5%?

I believe you can. I asked for discount after 1st Appt and my agent agreed with that. :)

I believe you can. I asked for discount after 1st Appt and my agent agreed with that. :)

I have try to talk to my agent, seems like

he's not going to negotiate.

I afraid that if i don't pay him the 2%, he will delay on the buying.

Any advise...