Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ClockworkO

Agent's Commision

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I paid mine during second appt.

Some companies (like HSR) guarantee the sellers that the house is free of some structural problems like leakage and stuff so you can inspect the house for such things and bring it to the agent's attention before giving the commission.

I've heard of people paying during 1st appt but I think it can be negotiated to the second..... and I think it's reasonable to do so.

It's important to make it clear to agent that you'll pay them on the 2nd appointment.

The Sales/Purchase is still not completed after the 1st appointment.

Pay only when you satisfied that the agent had done his/her job. Period.

Nothing before that, and also to be fair, touch your heart and pay when you know the job is done.

Edited by zirhk3355

Thks so much for all your kind advise. :)

SO much $$$ is involved , coz it's buy & sell, so total commision is 8K++. :deal:

Or shd I pay 1% commision 1st on 1st appt ? Hmm... :dunno:

Still gotta use my saving for reno...which might cost 30K...

I understand HDB will only send me a cheque ard 1mth++, after 2nd appt ?

Edited by ClockworkO

mmm I saw the HDB officer hand the cheque of $109k++ to my sellers on the 2nd appt....

yes yes a lot of money involved. I wouldn't pay the 1% first. MmM Actually if I were buying now I would negotiate the commission cos economy not good anyways. :)

How abt if i buy a resale flat,need to pay any agent's commision?Thanks

Just to be candid: You don't pay agent's commission for buying a flat. You only pay agent's commission when you engage an agent's services.

mmm I saw the HDB officer hand the cheque of $109k++ to my sellers on the 2nd appt....

yes yes a lot of money involved. I wouldn't pay the 1% first. MmM Actually if I were buying now I would negotiate the commission cos economy not good anyways. :)

My agent's comm is non-negotiable. Always say we earn so much profit already , shd be able to afford the comm. I don't mind , coz agents need to earn a living too. but now asking if we can pay on 1st appt. Aiyah !

If can get cheque on 2nd appt wld be good , don't have to use our savings.

Still gotta pay for reno deposit

My agent's comm is non-negotiable. Always say we earn so much profit already , shd be able to afford the comm. I don't mind , coz agents need to earn a living too. but now asking if we can pay on 1st appt. Aiyah !

If can get cheque on 2nd appt wld be good , don't have to use our savings.

Still gotta pay for reno deposit

My agent hor also not neg. also ma... 1% we got to give her... some more her works sucks cause she is more on the priviate property than the HDB sector. We will be going for our 1st Appt but the agent have not ask for her commission yet. I personally think I will give her the commission on the 2nd Appt only.

My agent hor also not neg. also ma... 1% we got to give her... some more her works sucks cause she is more on the priviate property than the HDB sector. We will be going for our 1st Appt but the agent have not ask for her commission yet. I personally think I will give her the commission on the 2nd Appt only.

I too personally think shd give on 2nd appt , who knows between 1st & 2nd appt, something goes wrong and I already pay the commision! Then I got problem , agent got $$ already then bo-chap liow... :o

I too personally think shd give on 2nd appt , who knows between 1st & 2nd appt, something goes wrong and I already pay the commision! Then I got problem , agent got $$ already then bo-chap liow... :o

:notti: Well let the agent work for the $$$ (Working towards the $$) which is she will be getting the $$ after all the work done.

Just curious do the commission including 7% GST. Thank for ur info first. :)

Actually why don't you handle the transaction yourself to save on the comm? If there's someone to guide you on the necessary proceedures/forms etc, would you DIY?