Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Maverick_liew

New Birdnest In Segar Road Blk 468

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

4 elec stuff: u can check out the shops @ AV(Alexandra Village). its recommended by my frd who said tat its @ least 15% cheaper than those big elec co's listed price lor...

Welcome to Segar Road, Neighbour....I'm at Blk 466. Will be finishing the Reno soon. Hope to see more pics.

Haha.. I also wanna see you reno pics too.. :)

So.. are you driving a m3 or a WRX?

haha..

Hi,

4 elec stuff: u can check out the shops @ AV(Alexandra Village). its recommended by my frd who said tat its @ least 15% cheaper than those big elec co's listed price lor...

Still cheaper than those @ AudioHouse.. and Mustafa..?

Haha.. I also wanna see you reno pics too.. :)

So.. are you driving a m3 or a WRX?

haha..

Hahaha...Too poor for the first, too old for the latter hehehehe :P

:bangwall:

There's a major hiccup with regards to this place.

As the saying goes.. It's gonna throw a spaner into the works..

Except.. It's gonna be a **** big spanner..

When we did the paperwork on the day we paid the 1K + 4K thingy.. The valuation report wasn't with us.

But the seller's agent (Billy) assured us that everything was in order.

Seller seemed comfortable too, we decided to proceed based on the above-mentioned valuation report of 318K + 5.5K COV.

Everything seemed right and proper. Over the weekend, we managed to get all relevant documents like photocopy ICs, wifey to sign the necessary forms and stuff.

On Monday, when my agent tried to do the submission, HDB rejected it.

Reason:

Valuation Expired.

On Sunday!

Now, the seller don't wanna sell the flat, cuz his wife thinks that the new valuation report would be higher.

We managed to negotiate a deal.. whereby we still proceed.. but with a range of possible valuation amounts.

The arrangement is..

Whatever the new valuation is.. as long as it falls between this particular range of 306K to 330K..

We would still proceed on our original deal.. Valuation + 5.5K.

The seller is very comfortable with this idea if the valuation increases, but he doesn't want to take the risk that the valuation might drop.

How now?

I've already given him both cheques (1K + 4K) already.

What are my options?

Anybody can advise..?

Call up more agents to visit similar houses at the area immediately, my understanding is that valuation can be based on the street name - so same housing type same area (same age too) should hold about same value. You want to see the real and valid valuation report of these other houses.. but Lunar New Year is approaching not sure when you can get to do this.

In this current market, I do not think doing the report again will increase the value at all, it might even decrease it so it is a calculated RISK you have to take. You could agree with Valuation (regardless of new value) + a certain fee. In this way, if the valuation drops, you stand to earn and vice-versa. If you take this new agreement with the seller, get it signed, chopped and written (get your agent to do some real work for once!) to protect your own interests.

Good luck!

:bangwall:

There's a major hiccup with regards to this place.

As the saying goes.. It's gonna throw a spaner into the works..

Except.. It's gonna be a **** big spanner..

When we did the paperwork on the day we paid the 1K + 4K thingy.. The valuation report wasn't with us.

But the seller's agent (Billy) assured us that everything was in order.

Seller seemed comfortable too, we decided to proceed based on the above-mentioned valuation report of 318K + 5.5K COV.

Everything seemed right and proper. Over the weekend, we managed to get all relevant documents like photocopy ICs, wifey to sign the necessary forms and stuff.

On Monday, when my agent tried to do the submission, HDB rejected it.

Reason:

Valuation Expired.

On Sunday!

Now, the seller don't wanna sell the flat, cuz his wife thinks that the new valuation report would be higher.

We managed to negotiate a deal.. whereby we still proceed.. but with a range of possible valuation amounts.

The arrangement is..

Whatever the new valuation is.. as long as it falls between this particular range of 306K to 330K..

We would still proceed on our original deal.. Valuation + 5.5K.

The seller is very comfortable with this idea if the valuation increases, but he doesn't want to take the risk that the valuation might drop.

How now?

I've already given him both cheques (1K + 4K) already.

What are my options?

Anybody can advise..?

I know ar..

Now trying to find advertisements for such stuff..

I think Mustafa have something like that ar?

Buy big big TV give small TV

You better dun buy anything from Mustafa huh, i myself got very very bad experience with their Logistics Dept. Cos they delivered wrong stuff to me, and i have to call them like million times and wasted my whole wkend waiting for something that did NOT came. Look at the wkend newspapers, esp now where they got lotsa CNY Sales if you really wanna buy cheap cheap sales go to those industrial furniture warehouse sales like Little Road etc. For TV, i recommend Audio House, their prices is very competitive

Call up more agents to visit similar houses at the area immediately, my understanding is that valuation can be based on the street name - so same housing type same area (same age too) should hold about same value. You want to see the real and valid valuation report of these other houses.. but Lunar New Year is approaching not sure when you can get to do this.

In this current market, I do not think doing the report again will increase the value at all, it might even decrease it so it is a calculated RISK you have to take. You could agree with Valuation (regardless of new value) + a certain fee. In this way, if the valuation drops, you stand to earn and vice-versa. If you take this new agreement with the seller, get it signed, chopped and written (get your agent to do some real work for once!) to protect your own interests.

Good luck!

Juz reached an agreement with the seller. WITHOUT his stupid agent around.

He has arranged for the valuer to come down and take pictures for a new valuation report..

So we have agreed to a range of valuation amounts.

The range is something akin to this.

318K +/- 5K.

As long as the valuation report is within 313k to 323K.. we will transact with 5.5K COV.

If the valuation drops below 313K.. the entire deal is off.

If the valuation goes above 323K.. we will have first right of refusal.

If the negotiations are successful.. we should still be moving in Mid Feb.. irregardless of the first appt date.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that this particular house WILL be mine.

Kinda like the basic lay-outs and the spaces involved..

You better dun buy anything from Mustafa huh, i myself got very very bad experience with their Logistics Dept. Cos they delivered wrong stuff to me, and i have to call them like million times and wasted my whole wkend waiting for something that did NOT came. Look at the wkend newspapers, esp now where they got lotsa CNY Sales if you really wanna buy cheap cheap sales go to those industrial furniture warehouse sales like Little Road etc. For TV, i recommend Audio House, their prices is very competitive

That's really bad..

Hmm.. Juz went to Audiohouse to take a look at the prices yesterday.

Seems like we might be able to secure 'staff prices' for Philips LCD TVs and stuff.

Any bad reviews about Philips LCD TVs..?

I know they have an annual warehouse sale at their TOA Payoh warehouse.. but I dun think I can wait till 2009 end before I have a TV at home wor..

you might want to grab a copy of the straits times bright and early on saturdays

look for the advertisements of warehouse sales

can get pretty good showroom pieces at almost 50% off for electrical appliances :notti:

for philips LCD, i know there are two models that have problems with the sound (speaker)

not too sure if problem still exist for newer models :dunno: