Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivy

Our New Place @ Clementi

Audrey,

oh man! i can image your fury! liquid paper to cover up joint lines?????? erm, abit unprofessional i muz say lorx! which type laminte code you using for your kitchen again? you may need to reflect to uncle abit it, coz its definitely below the mark of carpentry workz. i would have screw the person up down left right...

Yes, ABS trimmings are the edges for any carpentry workz.. there are different types, some companies have invested in better trimmings to match the tones of the laminates, some not. hence, its important to get a stack of the trimmings when you select whatever laminates, you can pop down to their showrooms, get the samples from them, different company diff policys, some charge minimal charge, some give you free.

Laminates are what you see as the exterior, good laminates produce a classical look, when color matched properly. some laminates are thinner, and will produce waviness, (also depends on the KANG HU "skill" of the carpenter).

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ya i did tell uncle about this ah mei! so unprofessional right! i told uncle i dont wanna pay him in full since he is giving me what i feel is unacceptable. i told uncle if he has any issues, talk to me direct about it. uncle told me to live and let live. -_- thats why i said based on uncle's mian zi thats why i never F him upside down. first he gives me weird hinge then now this sh!t! nevermind the block board issue but really i've enough. im gonna have to ask uncle who is gonna be responsible. he mentioned the new carpenter will do it, but that is letting ah mei going easy. but if that is uncle's arrangement i shall not pick on it.

so im not siao right? it is unacceptable right? the abs trimmings look ok to me, a little off white but still ok. its the laminate. and the interior, some are chipped. oh ya, the roller shelf for my gas cylinder? a piece chipped off, his worker just sanded it and APPLIED MORE LIQUID PAPER. SO MADDENING.

Wa... read a whole chunk of posts on laminates and 'liquid paper'.

Let me clarify some points:

I went thru the same heartache when I see the grove lines. It is 'normal' to see groove lines.

The expensive ones are more than 3-5X the prices of normal laminates.

Most carpentry uses this normal laminates unless you want to pay thru your nose for those expensive ones.

Dont think Uncle can even absorb.

I 'accidentally' chose the ex/solid core type... wa.. Jason, Uncle and Carpentry straight away said no.

Carpentry is when 2 pieces of wood/laminates meet, it is normal to have groove lines. Just make sure it is not too obvious. Normally they will cover up with 'paint pens"....... the workers called it "liquid paper'.

I inspect and took one of the pens before...... it is Nippon Paint Pens.

So the terms they use may put us off for a while. But when we see deeper, it is really paint.

I have checked with different people - touching up with the Paint Pens is normal. Ask Lawry.

So, anyone got any experience with this? Maybe I am wrong??? hee..hee..

smallboy, sorry to say but this is seriously liquid paper! the one i used to correct my sch work! so u know it can get uneven when not applied correctly? shld have snapped a pic of it. that is what i thought too! paint pens! those that i see in art friend style! :(

grove lines? i see if i can snap a pic tonight. then u guys can decide if im siao or not. :) i understand the solid core thingy.. but the one im talking about is on the flat surface on my laminate! nearest to the part where the ABS trimming is. wait for the pic, a pic says a lot.

smallboy, sorry to say but this is seriously liquid paper! the one i used to correct my sch work! so u know it can get uneven when not applied correctly? shld have snapped a pic of it. that is what i thought too! paint pens! those that i see in art friend style! :(

grove lines? i see if i can snap a pic tonight. then u guys can decide if im siao or not. :) i understand the solid core thingy.. but the one im talking about is on the flat surface on my laminate! nearest to the part where the ABS trimming is. wait for the pic, a pic says a lot.

oh that's sad. Got to feedback to Uncle. Your carpentry guy is trying to cut corners. :(

yup i told uncle already. so uncle cut him out. :P spoke to uncle about it, i think i write it in my blog. initially wanted to discuss laminates selection but spiral till this much.. ;p

If I see liquid paper on my carpentry, I will scream at the carpenters and then use a drill to destroy whatever they do.. You really give Uncle Soon a lot of mian zi.. :)

well no point doing all that. when doing reno, we are kinda at the mercy of the contractor/ID/sub con somehow. if u tick them off, they might sabotage u in small ways. not very worth it. plus uncle is getting someone else to rectify so its alright.

If I see liquid paper on my carpentry, I will scream at the carpenters and then use a drill to destroy whatever they do.. You really give Uncle Soon a lot of mian zi.. :)

remind me to never ever get on your bad side... =p

lucky from what i'm gathering from all the others' post, uncle seems to have cut this carpenter off liaoz. heng ah...

Edited by stormcontrol

remind me to never ever get on your bad side... =p

lucky from what i'm gathering from all the others' post, uncle seems to have cut this carpenter off liaoz. heng ah...

Haha.. I'm more violent.. So I'm trying to keep things within my control to prevent me from flaring..

The carpenter is out from Uncle Soon's team.. :)