Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivy

Our New Place @ Clementi

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My Main Gate

DSC00152.jpg

I find that the plastic sheet fixed at the bottom looks really awful... cannot blame them.. cos it was our choice.. I wonder whether there are other ways of doing it... purpose for fixing the plastic panel is to prevent water from splashing in when Town cousin wash the floor.. also to prevent cats from coming in..

from the left of this pic, looks like your block having lift upgrading?

we didnt put any plastic sheets for all our wrought iron gate. Usually the town council people quite careful when jet spraying water near to units so only abit of water would splash into our area. As for cats, there was once when a cat came right into our living room but quickly went out when it saw me. That was at our old place and we told ourselves to get those wrought iron gates with thinner stripes for the bottom half of the gate but forgotten all about when we did our gate for new place.

ewwww.....have to feedback this one....at least clean it up lor....

i actually thought the wall is ok....like a feature wall...sometimes once furniture in, it looks ok...my 2 cents worth....when i did my MBR painting, my mum saw the lollipop and say too striking but after furniture in, she actually told me it looks ok....

Hee, I also think that the wall looks ok leh. In fact, it looks nice. :)

the reason why I think it clashes is bcos my TV console is black white and grey and the kitchen which is directly opposite the dinning room is also in black white grey. alter in the dinning room also white. Thus the whole house seems to be in black white or grey but suddenly got this earthy colour pop out and "giap" in between living and kitchen. That's why I tot it a bit out.

Our old dinning table actually suits the earthy tone better, however, we are only going to use it temporarily. When we save enough, I plan to change it to either full clear glass or black glass with either black or white chair.

That's why i think the champange colour is out lor...

from the left of this pic, looks like your block having lift upgrading?

we didnt put any plastic sheets for all our wrought iron gate. Usually the town council people quite careful when jet spraying water near to units so only abit of water would splash into our area. As for cats, there was once when a cat came right into our living room but quickly went out when it saw me. That was at our old place and we told ourselves to get those wrought iron gates with thinner stripes for the bottom half of the gate but forgotten all about when we did our gate for new place.

hi born_again, yeah my block is having lift upgrading. Once it is done, I'll have lift right outside my door. wonder whether it will give me a sense of exclusiveness since my floor only got 2 units or it will make me feel i lost my privacy... but i do look forward to the convenience though!!

now that the gate is up.. i cannot revise it's design anymore. I actually considering removing the plastic thingy but that will means there will be holes on the gate cos they actually revert the sheet on the gate... Also, i realise our gate design is not very safe... wide gap.. anyone can just put a pole in to pull our shoes out of our access areas... oh well.. since it's again my own choice... gotta live with it...

the reason why I think it clashes is bcos my TV console is black white and grey and the kitchen which is directly opposite the dinning room is also in black white grey. alter in the dinning room also white. Thus the whole house seems to be in black white or grey but suddenly got this earthy colour pop out and "giap" in between living and kitchen. That's why I tot it a bit out.

Our old dinning table actually suits the earthy tone better, however, we are only going to use it temporarily. When we save enough, I plan to change it to either full clear glass or black glass with either black or white chair.

That's why i think the champange colour is out lor...

Haha icic. No wonder u'll say that. Hmm, can't really visualize, but a splash of colour is very nice in a otherwise monochrome look woh. :P Think it'll match the black and white very well. But grey.. Hmm, gota see what type of grey bah.

hi born_again, yeah my block is having lift upgrading. Once it is done, I'll have lift right outside my door. wonder whether it will give me a sense of exclusiveness since my floor only got 2 units or it will make me feel i lost my privacy... but i do look forward to the convenience though!!

now that the gate is up.. i cannot revise it's design anymore. I actually considering removing the plastic thingy but that will means there will be holes on the gate cos they actually revert the sheet on the gate... Also, i realise our gate design is not very safe... wide gap.. anyone can just put a pole in to pull our shoes out of our access areas... oh well.. since it's again my own choice... gotta live with it...

sure exclusive....just like those staying in condo but yours better as only 2 units on your level.

as for stealing of shoes, maybe u 'test water' first or check with your neighbour if there's any shoe thief around the estate. U may also consider putting those black brackets from Daiso if u eventually decided to remove those plastic as it looks abit weird against your nice and neat wrought iron gate.

Ivy, you need me to return you the EDL catalogue to you soon? My carpenter Ah di not ah wei, so cannot help you pass back. (btw, EDL catalogue got the chio-est laminate leh. thanks for the recommendation! =p )

u can hold it first. let's see if ah wei got ask from me or not. if he dun ask from me then u can subsequently pass it to uncle. if he wants it back then i let u know.

glad u like it :)

It's been about 2 weeks of no action up at my place. They started painting today but uncle called and informed that Jason ordered my paint wrongly previously... So he'll just paint the whole potion for me first....

Went up this evening, intending to pick up the Seng Lee catalogue that Booy has placed at my unit and was met with a pleasant surprise when I reached. 1st I noticed that my new gate is up. Didn't take any pictures due to poor lighting level. When I went in wahh happy to see that my glass doors are up too.

My kitchen glass door

DSC00087.jpg

My Common toilets and MBR toilet glass door

DSC00085.jpg

Wah ! Pei fu you !

Use so many glass doors ! Must be really expensive ^_^;

I wanted something like yours but eh... not cheap sia glass..... then maintanence in wiping n cleaning oso another worry since i have a 2yr old little miss notti around. :X

My Main Gate

DSC00152.jpg

I find that the plastic sheet fixed at the bottom looks really awful... cannot blame them.. cos it was our choice.. I wonder whether there are other ways of doing it... purpose for fixing the plastic panel is to prevent water from splashing in when Town cousin wash the floor.. also to prevent cats from coming in..

Like that really can prevent cats from coming in ah? I thought cats are very agile and that height definitely not tall for them.

Actually from what I observed, owners who installed those plastic panels have small dogs and the panels will prevent the small dogs from going out through the gaps.

Edited by ocheeeng

Wah ! Pei fu you !

Use so many glass doors ! Must be really expensive ^_^;

I wanted something like yours but eh... not cheap sia glass..... then maintanence in wiping n cleaning oso another worry since i have a 2yr old little miss notti around. :X

The frosted glass doors will be easier to maintain than the clear kitchen glass door. The glass door and the MBR toilet tiles are my only indulgence in this whole reno. haha

at least yours is a little missy, I got 2 boys hor aged 5 and 2... I quite worry that one day they'll bang down my kitchen glass door actually. :P

Like that really can prevent cats from coming in ah? I thought cats are very agile and that height definitely not tall for them.

Actually from what I observed, owners who installed those plastic panels have small dogs and the panels will prevent the small dogs from going out through the gaps.

i was hoping it can. At least when there is a barrier, the lazy ones won't conveniently just walk through it since ours is horizontal bars and the space between each bar is pretty generous. If they walk in and go out I am fine, I scared the pregnant ones come in give birth then I headache liao.

I actually like cats but don't have the intention to keep them as pets lah cos I worry my 2 boys will torture them..

mm I also want to put the plastic sheet leh to prevent my bunny from going out...

Actually pet, I find the plastic sheet looks really awful... I already requested uncle to change it to metal panels for me and paint it the same colour as my gate. Hopefully it'll turn out better.

My newly arrived loot :

DSC00260.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

All the above arrived on Saturday. Installation suppose to commence on Sat but the poor guys spent the whole day lugging all those stuffs down 2 storeys, from level 6 lift lobby down to my unit at level 4. My lift is not ready yet thus the poor guys gotta spent extra time and energy on tranporting all the wood works. By the time they moved everything into my unit, they are shacked out and called it a day.

Installation will start on coming Monday instead.

There was a huge discussion previously on the type of wood use by uncle for carpentry. Ah Wei used these for mine :

DSC00262.jpg

I think I saw some even thicker ones on some other pieces, but couldn't take a good pic of it as my unit is dark with the tall pieces of panels blocking off the lights and my hp camera just ain't able to take a clear pic.

Edited by ivy