Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yapyap

From West To East

This is my first landed property.. i seldom see landed property t-blog. the only 2 that mod recommended me to read is wuga and chunky monkey, besides that, there isn't alot of information on landed property..

is there not many landed owner in the blog?

well... i would like to share my pain with all of you..

Chronologically..

1. Bought the house after i sold my apartment in jul07.

2. It was at a high but sell high buy high then.. so im pretty ok.

3. Got the key in Oct07 cos previous owner wanted to delay because of Ghost Festival.

4. Started searching for an ID. We visited at least 5-7 IDs. I am not naming them cos some I also cannot remember their name as this was some time back.

5. Finally decided on my ID who is a husband and wife team. Recommended by my colleague.

Well, of all the IDs we went to. They were the only one who can capture my concept of the house quickly on paper. i wanted a very airy open concept home as the space isn't huge and i want space. Other IDs give me very cut and paste job from other projects.

6. Start to conceptualize and going through the design with my ID from Nov07

7. After 6 months of designing!!!! in May08, we finally decided on our main con after a tender for 3 quotes, requotes, blah blah

8. ME and Architect engaged

9. Work started in Jun08

So, here we go... will post pics later........

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

spam chop :dancingqueen:

yes there aren't many landed property t-blog around

the two you mentioned are the only two i've seen too

so yours will make it three :notti:

waiting around to :dribble: over the pix

ok.. .this was what it was.. It was very badly maintained as it was rented out.

I didn't really care much about it as i was going to tear it down.. more than 30years old..

img2797pj6.jpg

img2763vg7.jpg

img2765cd3.jpg

img2769oe6.jpg

kitchen

img2774nk1.jpg

view to yard from kitchen

img2775kg3.jpg

back yard

img2776uu8.jpg

another backyard.

img2777kp8.jpg

garden with fallen trees..

img2780jk1.jpg

patio area

img2781hc7.jpg

stairs to 2nd floor

img2785ot0.jpg

2nd floor

img2786wg2.jpg

ok.. that's all for today.. need to watch my soccer match..

house was in very bad conditions.. i was only aiming for the land.. its a corner terrace at an area i love.. so what the heck.. but i was confident to make it into a dream home! ..

Edited by yapyap

ok.. let's continue.. chelsea sucks..!

My IDs

As it is my first landed, i have zero experience on what i need to do so I started asking around colleagues and friends.

I was thinking of a major A&A initially..obviously when you look at the conditions of the house.. :jawdrop: (you will find out later i cannot just do A&A).

So, my conversation with colleagues circled around if I should get an engineer, an ID, an architect or a builder to start my project. Most advice is to get a professional engineer to look at the place to help me start.. I called an engineer that my boss used but she refuse to do the job because she was too busy!!!! That's how good market was then.. So, I discarded the idea... then I called up a friend who did her house about 5 years ago.., she highly recommended her main contractor to me.. I called him up but he says he is too busy!!!! In the end, I started with my ID.... it started quite well with him quickly panning out the idea for the house and we were quick to be sold into his ideas and visions of the house... He is pretty good i would say in design... but he is **** slow! I wonder if its because it is a husband and wife team, they are so slow with the design that it took us a total of 6months to pin down most of the concept and design.. however, on hindsight it was really quite a waste of time frankly.. as in the end, we changed many things.. and their service arent cheap at all.

My ID really only just know how to design. He is not good with practical aspect of a landed house and is very consume into his design, very defensive if you dont agree with his design.. in the end, as the story unfold, it become one of the reason why the project became a very painful process..

Congrats hope to see more pics.

East meaning where?

around eastcoast area....... you stay around there? :unsure:

Edited by yapyap

Wah bro...seems like you have a MAJOR Face Lift project boy! But it should be fun and challenging. Most importantly, the results will surely be fulfilling. Have fun with the process.

Wao.. The state of the house is rather terrible. Urs will be a huge project. Good luck, and hope that no more time will be wasted. :) Then u can faster shift in and enjoy ur new home.

These are the 3D pictures given to us by our IDs. Some are quite close to the final product, some have been changed.. I realised that until the final thing is up.. usually we dont know how they will look.. even with 3D.. haha

External look of the house.. it was a very bold attempt by us to adopt this design eventually.. It was a very unconventional piece of work. We took into consideration that the house is going to be stayed for a long time and thus we wont worried too much about resale value or if the next buyer will like it or not.. we went with our gut on this..

externalzt7.jpg

Livingroom area... This is abit closer to how it eventually became.. we wanted a very open concept living space, maximizing every area we have.. we extended the side which is the glass canopy you see... original house doesn't have that space..

living2lc9.jpg

living3tj1.jpg

MBR.. It is a very simple motif headboard, acryllic light.. the WIW is behind the headboard facing the MBR toilet....

mbruw8.jpg

Edited by yapyap

MBR toilet.. nothing much here.. just a simple toilet but pretty open concept.

mbrbathip8.jpg

2nd floor guest room

guestbedroomzs7.jpg

2nd floor guest bathroom

guestbathvx3.jpg

Studyroom.. a very small area actually..

studyfinalmv9.jpg

Most important to the lady of the house... shoe cabinet

shoecabinetcl0.jpg

Kitchen..

kitchenma0.jpg

After finalising our design.. sort of..

First thing we rushed to buy is a baby grand piano...!

We love the idea of a white grand piano in the house.. yes WHITE.

Everytime i see a house with a piano.. i always tell myself that i will get one eventually..

So, it was our first piece of indulgence.. It is going to be WHITE and it will be GRAND.. hahaha..

Well.. another thing that started to really fly.. besides time is the money out of my wallet..

We were told to do the following

2 things

1) Soil investigation

2) Demarkation survey of area

Costs that i had not factored in, not small sum, they are in the thousands.. :furious: