Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yapyap

From West To East

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Outside view into living room.. one of the door was done at the wrong size. Our ID decided without telling us.. need to tear down and redo.

picture019mr4.jpg

Living room looking at the door

img0049bt2.jpg

Very controversial stairs.. we are still considering on whether to keep or redesign

img0059ts2.jpg

This space with the platform is a convertible room with movable doors that

slide into the storeroom at the left

img0058hf4.jpg

Up the stairs and this is the skylight

img0047cn2.jpg

Turn right.. this is the MBR door.. still need to change some thing here..

picture021oc0.jpg

MBR headboard

img0039rl1.jpg

MBR toilet which is behind the headboard.. open concept

img0043dh7.jpg

turn left from stairs and its the study

img0038jl2.jpg

this is the future baby room img0042qs8.jpg

baby room's toilet

img0041yj7.jpg

oh ya. this is one of our WIW

picture026fa5.jpg

img0037vm4.jpg

baby's room door.. i am thinking of creating a groove at the side to slot in the door when it close..?? we are also making the door thicker so i wont see the track at the top as much...

picture033vz8.jpg

our small little kitchen at the side of the study.. we are putting a mini fridge under the shelves. The shelves will be used to put flask to boil water.

picture034tg0.jpg

YAY waiting happily for the photos... :dancingqueen::dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

I'm camping here today... cos took MC... really feeling very bad. So today will be more prompt in replies. wahah

seems like stil so happy and gd mood. mai keng leh, haha :notti:

WAH.. then must make the room especially BABY safe with anti slam stuff!! no grilles? then cannot open the windows when BB is alone? mm

no no no la. last night I tabao food.. after eating about 2 hours later start to go toilet. Went toilet 5 times in ONE NIGHT and twice more this morning.. food poisoning... URGH

Edited by pinkpetter

the haze has got another victim i supposed..

MC only means a northward spiral of your postings numbers.. :D

hi xebay

well, we didn't want a conventional design.. as i said in my first few posting, this is a very bold thing to do and can cuts both way. Especially, thinking about the resale value provided of cos if we are ever going to sell. We just felt that there are too many similar houses out there and we were quite upset with designers who simply cut and paste from each other.. we wanted originality yet not too overdone.. it was hard to balance frankly and we are still having arguments around some part of it..

totally agreed. we cannot accept piece meal designs some ID/contractors proposed, especially my hubby, who is exceptionally particular on wkmanship and detail plannings. tat explains y in d end we r spending a bomb on our new hse. :help:

btw, ur hse vvvvvv swee!!! :dribble::dribble:

hw much is ur reno gng to cost u huh?

Edited by cher

WAH.. then must make the room especially BABY safe with anti slam stuff!! no grilles? then cannot open the windows when BB is alone? mm

no no no la. last night I tabao food.. after eating about 2 hours later start to go toilet. Went toilet 5 times in ONE NIGHT and twice more this morning.. food poisoning... URGH

wa, what food so poisonous huh? :unsure:

no grills but will have lock on the windows.. ya.. now looking at baby proofing the house..

what is anti slam stuff??

hope u r better today!

totally agreed. we cannot accept piece meal designs some ID/contractors proposed, especially my hubby, who is exceptionally particular on wkmanship and detail plannings. tat explains y in d end we r spending a bomb on our new hse. :help:

btw, ur hse vvvvvv swee!!! :dribble::dribble:

hw much is ur reno gng to cost u huh?

yup.. its a decent sum of blood money.. the more changes that goes in, the more blood i bleed..

I havent even come to my kitchen story yet... that will be the last piece of work i have...

its not even built yet !

Edited by yapyap

progress seems quite fast and the real stuff look quite close to the drawings! nice! can't wait to see more.

progress seems quite fast and the real stuff look quite close to the drawings! nice! can't wait to see more.

its actually very slow and my contractor is in his penalty period already.

We started way back in Nov07 starting from engaging my ID.

it's now Feb09 and the project need another 2-3months.

I will put up more pics later on because these pics were taken about 2months ago.

What does people think about the stairs? i feel its too big and bulky to sit in the middle of the house.. our parents were both very against the position of it.

Wow...the facade is awesome.... :jawdrop:

ID took abit of inspiration from the hotel at T3 and of cos, through some magazines.

It didn't turn out as good as we think. the workmanship is horrible.

We are getting them to redo alot of the joints and finding way to fix the flaws..

cant really see from pictures but their workmanship can be :jawdrop: .. i almost wanted to kill the subcon..

Ur house is really looking great! Sorry to hear that there's so many problems to rectify. Just hope that the rest of your reno journey will be smooth smooth. :)

I think ur staircase looks great as it is. Maybe can consider to paint it white to blend into the surroundings? That way, u'll save the money by not redoing it. :)

its actually very slow and my contractor is in his penalty period already.

We started way back in Nov07 starting from engaging my ID.

it's now Feb09 and the project need another 2-3months.

I will put up more pics later on because these pics were taken about 2months ago.

What does people think about the stairs? i feel its too big and bulky to sit in the middle of the house.. our parents were both very against the position of it.

Hi Yap Yap,

Very Fantastic job and design!!!! Well done with my 2 thumbs up. Congragulations.

For the steps. Lets just say they suit the design theme an concept being that way displaced. Everything was so Immaculately done and thoughtout. By far one of the most impressive art piece I have seen in this site.

Like your Fascade, skylight and awning. The space allow a full play to the idea and I am suure all these all to your property value with certain people appreciating its worth.

Well done once again.