Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yapyap

From West To East

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Our kitchen appliances

Mainly Ariston which we bought from Mayer at GWC.

Bought them pretty early so that ID can get the dimensions..

Mayer just called and said cannot keep any longer than March or else need to pay them storage fee.. not that friendly huh.. so now everything send to my contractor factory..

Ariston KBT6124 Induction Hob

zARNKBT6124IDIX_1.jpg

Ariston SL161PIX Hood

ariston-sl161pix.jpeg

Ariston MWAZ323 Micro Oven

192982.jpg

Ariston AML 125 Washer Dryer

5cb5_1.JPG

oh.. the baby grand is my prezzie to my wifey.. *hint hint to your hubby lah..

the sofa(s) are from urban foundry..

the black one i think its 3plus.. it depends on the grade of material you used. they have a few grades.. the one in the pic that i attached is the highest grade, we didn't pick that cos we wanted a more greyish sofa and dint want to spend for the more exp material..

hmm.. height is 590mm... i think its ok. we sat on it many many times before we decided on it.. should be fine ba.. put a few more cushion?

my hubby wun spent tt kinda of money for a display... i rarely play the piano now! :(

even ur WC for guest toilet also so nice! :jawdrop:

my hubby wun spent tt kinda of money for a display... i rarely play the piano now! :(

even ur WC for guest toilet also so nice! :jawdrop:

If you dun play den ya no point.

Thats why i told my wife to start giving piano lesson to make back the costs!!

Nothing is free in this world.. Haha

That WC is quite unique, tats wat attracted us to it.

And the size is quite small so no big ***!!!

oh.. most of my doors are sliding.. but will take note.. what is considered anti slam thing? door hook, door stopper is it? pardon my ignorant on such terms.. :dunno:

WAT.. nail got torn out?? how?? so wat to do with grooves under cupboard doors? need to have grooves right.. or else how to open the doors?

glad you are ok liao... if not, just keng another MC la.. the forum needs you! :D

Oh your doors are sliding wor.. my friend's normal door has the Ikea Fingerguard.

http://www.ikea.com.sg/catalog/product_dis...601226-77716570

Here's the link but I'm not sure how it is fixed.

MMMM since you invest in so many good quality things in your house i'm sure you have the Soft closing doors and drawers installed? Those will help prevent babies and toddler's fingers from being trapped ba.

As for the nail thing, it happened to my own brother when he was young too but his was trapped under our main door (on the very first day we moved in). Babies' nails are softer ma. And their toes are smaller so they can get trapped in the gap between the door and the floor. So what my friend does now is that she puts some plastic flap thing at the bottom of all the cupboards and doors especially those that her toddler are near most of the time. :)

yeah..whole house is practically white and dark grey concept.. will add some colour using furnishing..

i cant wait to see the white baby grand too. It has been sitting in the warehouse for 2 months.

KAWAI RX1 in white

rx-1.jpg

Wah love the white grey concept lor *for some reason my browser is not loading your toilet stuff* so angry.

How long more for completion? estimated?

Oh your doors are sliding wor.. my friend's normal door has the Ikea Fingerguard.

http://www.ikea.com.sg/catalog/product_dis...601226-77716570

Here's the link but I'm not sure how it is fixed.

MMMM since you invest in so many good quality things in your house i'm sure you have the Soft closing doors and drawers installed? Those will help prevent babies and toddler's fingers from being trapped ba.

As for the nail thing, it happened to my own brother when he was young too but his was trapped under our main door (on the very first day we moved in). Babies' nails are softer ma. And their toes are smaller so they can get trapped in the gap between the door and the floor. So what my friend does now is that she puts some plastic flap thing at the bottom of all the cupboards and doors especially those that her toddler are near most of the time. :)

Wah love the white grey concept lor *for some reason my browser is not loading your toilet stuff* so angry.

How long more for completion? estimated?

ok. ya.. showed my wife the ikea link.. we will go there and pick up some stuff on baby proofing.. we also have some sharp corners to take care of.. we still have some doors that will need anti-slam.. thanks thanks..

what worried us the most is the stairs actually.. we need door guard to seal the top and bottom off..

I think another 3months.. cos we are still discussing the kitchen bit which is currently non-existent..

mmm you know this door guard thing is a double edge sword. My mommy friend was telling me the other day that her daughter climbed over the door and fell over the other side. It can help protect your child for a while but must watch carefully cos they grow so fast ... :)

Doing up a house is a different thing altogether... nvm nvm.. 3 months isn't long considering how long you've waited already. :)

wah... i think child should be chained!

By the way, just to continue my reno.. which is still on going now..

Actually, most of the house is already done. The only outstanding is my kitchen but that's where all the problem lies now..

The moral of the story is this.. always seek 2nd or 3rd opinion.. this is where landed info is very limited for me..

we have a sewer line and manhole at our backyard which we were adviced will be a huge task to relocate or correct at the starting of our project.. PUB doesn't allow building covered structure over manhole... we trusted the advice we gotten and had never really followup or seek other opinion.

Taking in, we decided to build a 'illegal' structure over it to maximise our area. As advice, this is common (which truthfully it is) and people wont be bothered. This area is to be our kitchen.

Anyhow, the delay now is to decide whether we go the legal way or illegal way. Legal means more money to overcome the manhole problem but more delay. Illegal can be done right away but risk having to demolish the whole structure if kena complain by neighbor (rem my nosey neighbor??).

I decided that the damage of a complain will be too great and so i decided to do it the legal way.

the most annoying thing is when i decide to do it legally, our original PE wants to charge me almost 2x the money he charge me for the original house structure..!!! and my kitchen is 1/10th the size of my house!!! gosh.. kill people put fire and sit floor up price ar... so i decided to dump him and look for my own PE whom i found and who charge a reasonable market rate.

The thing i found throughout my project is this, the so call professionals are people who only have eyes on $$ and try to squeeze you dry on every single piece of work.. they are the supposedly more educated professional.. the one whom i found the most trustworthy and ethically sane now is my main con... who will sit down and limp kopi with me and talk cock sing song..

So, it will be another 4 months.. new PE says will start work immediately once we get our TOP/CSC on the existing structure. The kitchen is considered a new A&A... so wish me luck!

Edited by yapyap

Ha Ha, Yap Yap should turn property developer after this.

Yap Yap

I would like to do skylight for my family home in the future, but worried of leakage over time, is there any special construction technic for this?

spoke to my contractor on this. It's frame and glass gel-ed using industrial quality silicon.

He says this is the only way to do skylight and those silicon are the hardcore industrial type which can withstand all weather.

spoke to my contractor on this. It's frame and glass gel-ed using industrial quality silicon.

He says this is the only way to do skylight and those silicon are the hardcore industrial type which can withstand all weather.

Thanks for the information. So basically it is just silicon seal.

Wah Yapyap... ya I think with a neighbour like that you just have to go law by law. The consequences are much worse if you do it the "illegal" way. haiz

Thanks for the information. So basically it is just silicon seal.

yes. it is. if you are worried, maybe can overlap it with another layer of bigger piece of glass and have a thicker frame, i supposed..

Wah Yapyap... ya I think with a neighbour like that you just have to go law by law. The consequences are much worse if you do it the "illegal" way. haiz

yup. and for me is probably ill advice from people whom i paid for their professional service..

Edited by yapyap

yup. and for me is probably ill advice from people whom i paid for their professional service..

Don't worry, your money is well spent, you just paid for something called "peace of mind" :)

Edited by xebay11