Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kari

Stepping Into A New Challenging Life

Mine is granite top, so far so gd.

Crack?? never heard of, but chipped yes if you really knock some sharp at it may chip it that was what i heard from my friends.

So granite ok? I mean do you put hot pots on the top? wet plates? will leave water marks etc? Then i forgot to ask you. You use glass doors for all the top cabinets. wats the additional charges? wiping them clean from dust tough work?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
So granite ok? I mean do you put hot pots on the top? wet plates? will leave water marks etc? Then i forgot to ask you. You use glass doors for all the top cabinets. wats the additional charges? wiping them clean from dust tough work?

My wife do put hot pots on top of the granite top, and also wet plates, must wipe clean and dry if not will leave water marks de. As for hot pots think a while is ok lor, but not leave it there to cool never try b4.

All glass door for top cabin, is a complimentary from HER.

If you wants to know the details will PM u.

mine granite top too (blue pearl from india)

put hot pots on the top soon after i remove from fire

leave plastic bag on it all the time

water trapped under my chopping board for days

all no problem :good:

Hurray! :yamseng: Then for lazy bum like me granite is perfect. Sometimes after cooking maggie mee, I jus dump the hot pot either on the top or in the sink when I cant find the protector mat.

Plus i'm a terrible washer, water can splutter everywhere and I cant be bothered to wipe dry. :jawdrop: SO as long no water marks, no burnt marks it's good news for me!

lol. best is to use protector etc whenever placing hot items on the solid top or granite. there is pros and cons is using either of these. if using solid surface i would recommend better quality as if you use more polyster based solid surface you can see the effects of decfects pretty fast.

So far like apple said, left hot pot(a while only, for long period never try) and plasticbags on top is ok.

But if never wipe off water, will cause water marks lor dun know why :dunno: maybe quality and country of origin got difference??

As mine is black galaxy not same as apple(blue pearl), so not sure if there are any difference.

Only know there are 2 country of origin for granite in sg, 1-china and 2-india tat was wat i've heard during ID sourcing.

So far like apple said, left hot pot(a while only, for long period never try) and plasticbags on top is ok.

But if never wipe off water, will cause water marks lor dun know why :dunno: maybe quality and country of origin got difference??

As mine is black galaxy not same as apple(blue pearl), so not sure if there are any difference.

Only know there are 2 country of origin for granite in sg, 1-china and 2-india tat was wat i've heard during ID sourcing.

I want INDIAN black galxy leh cos it's darker in color. Dun lke light black. Water marks arh..........ok just have to try to be more careful then

Mine is black galaxy from INDIA, not sure whether is the 1 tat u wants.

As for water marks, mostly is at the sink area and the cooker area tat i saw. As for other area of the worktop seldom lor, as mine worktop very small only :bangwall:

there are actually a lot of country-of-origin for granite

e.g. spain, italy etc

however, like tiles from these countries

it's much more expensive

just remember to tell your countertop maker to seal the granite properly

so far researches done on the internet indicates that this is a very important step to prevent watermarks :yamseng:

there are actually a lot of country-of-origin for granite

e.g. spain, italy etc

however, like tiles from these countries

it's much more expensive

just remember to tell your countertop maker to seal the granite properly

so far researches done on the internet indicates that this is a very important step to prevent watermarks :yamseng:

hum.. than my contractor may have skip tis procedure as mine will leave water marks if i didn't clean dry properly.

Than Kari must take note of this part of sealing the granite le.

My granite top also black galaxy from india. Have the same problem as Steve also - water marks.

Regarding the hot pot, ya i also always put hot pot on the granite, no problem

Agree that granite chip off easily if being knocked by sharp objects. Mine chipped off slightly already after being hit by sharp object lo

My granite top also black galaxy from india. Have the same problem as Steve also - water marks.

Regarding the hot pot, ya i also always put hot pot on the granite, no problem

Agree that granite chip off easily if being knocked by sharp objects. Mine chipped off slightly already after being hit by sharp object lo

Think we have the same contractor lor LOL :(

Luckily mine still ok, will be more careful regarding the chipping.

Think we have the same contractor lor LOL :(

Luckily mine still ok, will be more careful regarding the chipping.

we are not the same contractor la, lol..

btw i heard from many people that they also have watermarks leh

maybe same granite contractor from 2 different ID haha...

But from wat i observe from my mum place the granite dun left water marks tat was why i chose to use granite. But mine may like wat apple have said the sealing is not done properly or not even done in the 1st place. :dunno: