Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kari

Stepping Into A New Challenging Life

Btw how do you guys get rid of the plastic thingy tats trapped at the toilet bowl seat?

dsc00959fck.th.jpgdsc00958w.th.jpg Quite a sore eye leh. :furious: SO use a pen knife and cut neatly then pretend the rest of the plastic not there? haha

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

so u not gg to add another backsplash at the side of the kitchen wall ah? also ok la... maybe can hang cloth for wiping your hand @ that corner or maybe something else so that can keep that wall 'occupied'? juz a suggestion.... :paint:

haiz... i requested for that kind of door stopper as well.. as usual, promises not fulfiled... so end up seeing the 'doggy' nw lor...

yes, i used pen knife and yes, i pretended that i've gotten rid of the whole piece of plastic... hahaha... :P

The furniture I have bought so far despite my house being almost ready haha.

L-shaped sofa from Seahorse.

dsc00793z.th.jpg

Upon checking, do you see tat faded spot on the sofa seat? dsc00925b.th.jpgdsc00923ovb.th.jpgdsc00924q.th.jpg

Tat portion is thining. When you touch tat spot, it's very soft and felt thin. I told seahorse CSO. Their HQ 'shi fu' said it's natural cow hide, not man-made so will not be perfect. BUT I cannot accept tat reason. They won't give me a brand new one. Nor will they give me a black and white guarantee that that particular portion will not over stretch and make a hole on the sofa! :furious: They say they scared of customer purposely damage the sofa in order to change a new one! GOt so free ma! Aiyo. They offered a discount but who cares for it if the sofa really have a hole right in the midde of the seat after say 3 months? haha

If tat spot had been on the side of the sofa, I can still accept. But at the seating area?? Imagine a piece of thin rubber band being stretched everyday? Won't it snap over time?

so u not gg to add another backsplash at the side of the kitchen wall ah? also ok la... maybe can hang cloth for wiping your hand @ that corner or maybe something else so that can keep that wall 'occupied'? juz a suggestion.... :paint:

haiz... i requested for that kind of door stopper as well.. as usual, promises not fulfiled... so end up seeing the 'doggy' nw lor...

yes, i used pen knife and yes, i pretended that i've gotten rid of the whole piece of plastic... hahaha... :P

yeah lo $200 leh. :(

But I guess hanging a cloth is quite a feasible idea cos must dry my hands somewhere wat. haha

Ok la. Tat doggy is cute :P At least can still use those conventional door stopper. Me die die have to use these kind cos tiling too high so there's not much gap btw the door and the floor! I initially oso like those cute cute door stoppers. Very cool haha

Ok. let's pretend. Guess tats the onli way. My pen knife is ready anytime when I get there. lol

hey!u got the same sofa as me!haha...my sofa no problem so far,and i bought my storage bed from seahorse too!

but there is a hole at the side and they are trying to hide it away by painting over! :wacko:

I informed them and take a picture and email to them,and finally they got it changed! ;)

haha it's really a cheap bargain right? :P

Yes. I remember reading once from ur blog. Very dishonest to actually try to cover it up. Think we blind. 8|

But how long did they take to change it for you?

Actually they seem reluctant to change for me. Keep insisting tat it's natural tat not all areas are the same :(

But I'm stubborn too. I won't want a hole on my sofa unless they give a guarantee in black and white :bleah: haha

yeah lo $200 leh. :(

But I guess hanging a cloth is quite a feasible idea cos must dry my hands somewhere wat. haha

Ok la. Tat doggy is cute :P At least can still use those conventional door stopper. Me die die have to use these kind cos tiling too high so there's not much gap btw the door and the floor! I initially oso like those cute cute door stoppers. Very cool haha

Ok. let's pretend. Guess tats the onli way. My pen knife is ready anytime when I get there. lol

actually i'd prefer less gap between the door and floor... den less dust gets in! haiz... too bad, the gap for our hse is big till i can even feel the wind blowing from the corridor.... :blink:

actually i'd prefer less gap between the door and floor... den less dust gets in! haiz... too bad, the gap for our hse is big till i can even feel the wind blowing from the corridor.... :blink:

haha you really everytime think of dust and dirt and how to clean!

When I moved in, can I ask you all abt easy maintenance? haha :D

but feel the wind blowing in throu the gap abit exaggerating ba. :P

Actuali is our area onli windy during the day? In the evening, NO wind at all! So stuffy! (I havent' bought my fan yet)

it takes quite long lei,something like 3 weeks!

Initially they called me and told me that they are going to change the headboard,cos the drilling hole salah!

so they are actually honest enough to tell me that they will get a total new replacement for me but in 3 weeks time,

as it need to wait for the new shipment to arrive,so,at the same time i tell them about the hole lor,initially,

i think its quite troublesome to change la,but since they are changing the headboard for me,might as well hi-light to them,

but when they bring the headboard over they forgotten the frame!

From what i know,when they change it ,they actually throw away the whole headboard!they ask me want or not?

haha..i said don want la,then i saw them discard downstair near the lift!

I put a remarks on the receipt to remind them on the frame,and also called the seahorse company to tell them about it,and

one week later they get it change. :P

How much u bot your sofa?i think now should be slightly cheaper,i bot around $800 if i am not wrong.

:rolleyes:

3 weeks woah. but then better than not change. :P

So if they actuali threw away the old headboard, it shows that the company does focus on quality. THey dun secretly resell the defected item. :)

I bought it for $800 too but inclusive of a $20 pillow in order to enjoy from the original 50% to a further 35% from the discounted price. :thumbs up:

haha you really everytime think of dust and dirt and how to clean!

When I moved in, can I ask you all abt easy maintenance? haha :D

but feel the wind blowing in throu the gap abit exaggerating ba. :P

Actuali is our area onli windy during the day? In the evening, NO wind at all! So stuffy! (I havent' bought my fan yet)

of coz la... i so regret alot of things we did for reno... high maintenance... so everything's too late by the time u move in... hahahah... *not trying to scare u hor...

erm... really got wind blowing la... of coz its not to the extent of hearing the 'howling' sound thru the gap la (thou there's really sound at that 'fateful' night where its reported in the news abt strong wind experience)...

yup, our area usually windy in the day... seldom experience in the night... especially during this HOT period...

of coz la... i so regret alot of things we did for reno... high maintenance... so everything's too late by the time u move in... hahahah... *not trying to scare u hor...

erm... really got wind blowing la... of coz its not to the extent of hearing the 'howling' sound thru the gap la (thou there's really sound at that 'fateful' night where its reported in the news abt strong wind experience)...

yup, our area usually windy in the day... seldom experience in the night... especially during this HOT period...

hee i think many people like tis. I oso notice black glass, mirror or anything reflective and glossy means high maintenance.

i dunnoe how long my interest can last to keep the new house neat with the 2 monsters ard. :jawdrop:

i prefer windy at night leh. cos during daytime not at home wat. I guess tat means turing on the aircon and fans for longer period of time le. Aiyo waste electricity. haha

my mum is a fan of the chicken brand s/s rank but it is too expensive for me liao.. sigh maybe i will just a few chicken brand item..and pray the rest of the inferior s/s dont rust...

my mum is a fan of the chicken brand s/s rank but it is too expensive for me liao.. sigh maybe i will just a few chicken brand item..and pray the rest of the inferior s/s dont rust...

well we pay for quality. As least it's really value for $ and proven to be really rust-free by buyers in the forum.

I too din buy Song Cho cos hubby dun believe in spending hundreds for S/S.

But time will prove him wrong :bleah: By then I can slowly replace those inferior S/S one by one with Song Cho. haha

Go slow la. Dun buy all at one go cos very 'siong'

I tried MaCe's advice to use 3M S/S Clean and Polish and spray on all my metal accessories. Hopefully as he had said, it'll be easier to clean in future with tat layer of protection and my lousy S/S won't rust so soon haha :)

Just call them and insists of changing! :P

I dun have to call. The CSO actuali very patient and blunt. She told me straight that she can simply ignore me if she does not understand my stand. Hence, she really made the effort to call her manager in HK HQ to repeat my refusal to accept a verbal agreement tat the sofa will not be torn despite long term usage. :thumbs up:

Hopefully a common understanding can be reached btw the manager and me. I just want a guarantee on tat small portion, not the whole sofa wat. haha

Well good news!

Seahorse will change my sofa. Wait till end of May or early June.

Well I'm glad the company wants to continue long term biz with their customers, hence the aim to satisfy their customers. :)