Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kari

Stepping Into A New Challenging Life

well seems I dun have the luck or I need to find another independent contractor to ask.

Please help me to ask ur current contractor can. Really dun want mine to smoke me.

She told me the structure already there. Cant change.

THen she told me it's 14" door height. Cannot be 14" depth. But in the first place I already told her I want 14" depth to place my stuff!

CANNOT REDO OMG kill me again.

My hopes were quite high until jus now................

But then again, the doors are not even 14". So no matter what it's still her. Just let her know that you can't take a no for answer. Even if die die cannot do, ask her to come up with suggestion and not expect you to take a no and accept it.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
so she mean you have to accept it? Did you mention its her fault?

I told her I had already informed her that the depth should be 14".

In fact, i have asked her several times whether the drawers are deep enuff to put my stuff and she told me not to worry.

She demonstrated putting a medium-sized mineral bottle in the drawer (tat was jus the drawer b4 it was fixed into the cabinets) but she din let me noe there is a table top height allowance to take into consideration! So in the end, when I tried last night, the bottle hit the table top and the drawer cannot close.

Just the drawer along can put, but if can put cannot close, whats the point? I regret being so lazy not to do the testing earlier.

Now then she tell me I must think of the allowance thingy.

I told her I have reminded her the 14" depth throughout and it's written black and white in her drawing lo. She said she'll explain to me when we meet and hang up. I dunnoe how to argue. She sounds like she won't change and insisted that the structure is there. Cannot change.

But then again, the doors are not even 14". So no matter what it's still her. Just let her know that you can't take a no for answer. Even if die die cannot do, ask her to come up with suggestion and not expect you to take a no and accept it.

But I really need a confirmation whether can redo anot. Cos we not carpetners. I dun expect her workers to be honest to side me. So I need to know whether the height of the drawers can change anot. I dun expect her to really tear down the whole thing. But at least if really can change the height, I will be grateful. Of course at least must patch and do nicely la. At least hide the ugly portion inside. I can still accept.

So basically if it's confirmed can adjust the height of the drawers, i will insist and be very firm. I want to know how I can insist and point out the solutions to her rather than let her smoke me like a fool. Please HELP

She told me the structure already there. Cant change.

THen she told me it's 14" door height. Cannot be 14" depth. But in the first place I already told her I want 14" depth to place my stuff!

CANNOT REDO OMG kill me again.

My hopes were quite high until jus now................

Hi Kari,

I dont mean to dash your hopes here and hope that the problem can be solved.

Technically, just looking at the drawing, she is right - that the total height is 14" inclusive of the depth. Since the structure has already been installed, it is going to be hard to remedy to achieve a 14" depth.

The only thing you can insist is to go back to your instruction to her. Tell her the purpose of all your earlier measuring stuffs to be put inside that drawer - this is to show that you are very clear with what you want. She is the more technical person and it is her duty to convey your point/intention to the carpenter.

I can understand your frustrations now that you have to re-think about placing your stuffs.

I told her I had already informed her that the depth should be 14".

In fact, i have asked her several times whether the drawers are deep enuff to put my stuff and she told me not to worry.

She demonstrated putting a medium-sized mineral bottle in the drawer (tat was jus the drawer b4 it was fixed into the cabinets) but she din let me noe there is a table top height allowance to take into consideration! So in the end, when I tried last night, the bottle hit the table top and the drawer cannot close.

Just the drawer along can put, but if can put cannot close, whats the point? I regret being so lazy not to do the testing earlier.

Now then she tell me I must think of the allowance thingy.

I told her I have reminded her the 14" depth throughout and it's written black and white in her drawing lo. She said she'll explain to me when we meet and hang up. I dunnoe how to argue. She sounds like she won't change and insisted that the structure is there. Cannot change.

Cannot change is one thing. Now there's a problem and it's her job as your ID to help you rectify or come up with an alternative since it's unacceptable for you. Furthermore, there's black and white written so there's no running away from her responsibility to make sure you are satisfy.

Cannot change is one thing. Now there's a problem and it's her job as your ID to help you rectify or come up with an alternative since it's unacceptable for you. Furthermore, there's black and white written so there's no running away from her responsibility to make sure you are satisfy.

haha if cannot change i will be very very unhappy. i dun even want to step into the kitchen thinking of this.

black and white oso no use. what solutions can she think of if she cannot do the change. Use smaller bottles lo. Make myself lei chey lo. Give myself more trouble lo. Pour big to small bottles. It's not funny to me and it's not convenient. I have to face this inconvenience for so many years to go cos of someone's mistake and my stupidity not to check and trust completely.

Yes, its the ID/contractor responsibility to make sure tat the cabin are to ur measurement, if any changes or difficulty in fabricating, should inform u b4 hand and discuss alternative solution rather than waited till now than explain to u tat its not possible.

Yes, its the ID/contractor responsibility to make sure tat the cabin are to ur measurement, if any changes or difficulty in fabricating, should inform u b4 hand and discuss alternative solution rather than waited till now than explain to u tat its not possible.

This is the exact drawing my contractor has drawn for me.

kitchenmeasurements.th.jpg

She never told me anything abt my requests being impossible. Even when the drawers are up and fixed. She still insisted that I can put my stuff in. I did tell her I will wait one day to test it out whether can really put my barang barang inside. She oso say no problem.

NOw problem realized and discovered, she push. sianz.

see tat 6" height from the ground to the bottom of the cabinets? I told her I wanna suspended but I INSISTED that I must have the internal height of the storage area of the drawers to be 14" so that I can place my tall bottles. The suspended part I can sacrifice. Most impt thing is my drawers to be big enuff. Yet she did the suspension and forgo my drawers! Whats the use of the suspension then?

She could have do the cabinets all the way to the ground lo. I dun mind the sacrfiice. I think the tiler who did the concrete base below and the carpenter didn't do coordination. So if I reduce the suspension height, can the drawers be bigger now?

Reiki

you really broke my heart. I still pray you may be wrong.

Reiki

you really broke my heart. I still pray you may be wrong.

Oops, didnt mean to break your heart, Kari. I just want you to be strong and firm when you are communicating with your ID. From my past experience, a good carpenter can rectify the problem. If your ID failed to communicate with the joiner, you should insist that the carpenter rectify the situation. Usually, it is the ID that take things easy.

Yes, you are right - it is not going to be easy to live in inconveniences. So, keep pestering her. Best if you are at the site together with her and the carpenter to come out with a solution.

My apology if I had made you feel worse.

Kari, not sure if my PM was sent, my IE crashed while sending.

drawers2.gif

Can do something about the drawer insides like in the 3rd illustration.

The top 2 drawers will have to be reduced and the tracks moved up, while the drawer front remains the same.

Your ID will have to redo the top 2 drawers and relocate the tracks.

Even with this arrangement, you still can't put your bottles near the edge, would still have to tilt your bottle to one side before you put them in, same thing when you want to remove them.

Edited. Opps I should have read your blog before I replied your PM. My solution was more for bottom drawers.

Your bottles are at the top drawer? That would be an issue because of the table top.

14" to you was the minimal depth, 14" to her was the drawer front height.

I can only suggest this if that is the case. :P

drawer3.gif

Edited by lawry

less the technical part abt structural restriction, i feel that it is feasible to adjust the drawer tracks (like what lawry propose)... feel that your case (to argue for compensation if all else fails) is stronger if you've got black and white... that's what happened to my case when we wanted something and it turns out to be something else... more leverage on ur side to demand for things... of coz u muz also be reasonable la... all the best!

I agree with lawry as well. That's one of the way to rectify it. If it's possible, ask them to change the whole drawer too so that the door can fit. I know that's possible, just additional work for them. But then again, they did not meet your requirement so it's an obligation for them to change.

less the technical part abt structural restriction, i feel that it is feasible to adjust the drawer tracks (like what lawry propose)... feel that your case (to argue for compensation if all else fails) is stronger if you've got black and white... that's what happened to my case when we wanted something and it turns out to be something else... more leverage on ur side to demand for things... of coz u muz also be reasonable la... all the best!

Adjusting like lawry propose also not totally feasible, as drawer have a middle portion in between 2 drawers, tat part may have to saw out and re-position to have a drawer height of ur desire height of storage area.

Overall i still feel tat ur contractor should rectify rather than give excuses on why cannot, bcos measurement and drawing are prove tat its wat u wants are not done to the requirement u wanted.

Oops, didnt mean to break your heart, Kari. I just want you to be strong and firm when you are communicating with your ID. From my past experience, a good carpenter can rectify the problem. If your ID failed to communicate with the joiner, you should insist that the carpenter rectify the situation. Usually, it is the ID that take things easy.

Yes, you are right - it is not going to be easy to live in inconveniences. So, keep pestering her. Best if you are at the site together with her and the carpenter to come out with a solution.

My apology if I had made you feel worse.

lol. No I'm really glad tat I found RT. at least I can find people who can advise me and tell me whether certain things are considered acceptable or lies.

I am glad you tell me to prepare for the worst too.

Yes. i will be there tml and I had already left the bottle of oil to show her that her demonstraton was not accurate at all. :P

Hey Guys, I am so happy that you have been supprting me.

Thank you lawry for your drawings. Can I print out and show it to her? (if she insist there is no solutions?)

5% rebate on the kitchen? I dun think she'll let me lo haha. I cant think of anything she can compensate me on. Holding the $ doesn't make me feel better lo.

I just hope she'll agree to retify the problem.

I agree with steve tat the middle portion needs to be saw off. perhaps tat means bigger hole for me to place bigger drawers? haha