Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kari

Stepping Into A New Challenging Life

I wanna kill myself and jump down!

All along, I have been too lazy and stupid. I trust my contractor that the drawers are deep enough to place my bottles of oil, seasonings etc in the kitchen.

Today, I wanna try and to my shock. Nightmare happens dsc00840w.th.jpgdsc00839xks.th.jpg

I gave her the measuremetns to be 14". She told me the carpenter cut slightly smaller than 14" but I dun have to worry. So I din go check. Now when I place a 11" bottle of 1 litre oil, I couldn't even close the door w/o knocking down the bottle!

dsc00844oocufm.th.jpgdsc00843q.th.jpg

Why am I so stupid!!!!!!!

I have to wait until the whole kitchen's up with the granite up then I go check. Aiyo

Tell me what to do!!!! Buy smaller bottles? Then in the first place why give measurements!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi Kari, did u get the rainshower in the end?

oh no i think there's nothing u can do abt the drawers le....maybe can transfer the oil to a smaller bottle? =P

kitchenlayout.th.jpg This was the original measurements which we agree upon. I had spent effort to measure the tallest bottle at home so that I can place them all in the drawers. I even imagine myself the process of cooking and where it is convenient for me to take certain things from which position before I design this layout.

Yet it was not done to my expectation. Only to blame myself for my stupidity.

hi Kari, did u get the rainshower in the end?

oh no i think there's nothing u can do abt the drawers le....maybe can transfer the oil to a smaller bottle? =P

nope. cos i'm at IMM. so hubby too tired to travel to serangoon. actuali u can choose either round or square shower head right? so the small handshower? oso the same? I need the handles to be square too and the handshower to be movable. cos some I notice are attached separately on the wall and fixed, so I cannot adjust the height.

i seriously wanna ask my contractor to redo cos it really kills my mood. i already dun cook much. now spoil all intention to even learn. haiz.

i guess gg to ask her for solutions first. It's so troublesome to transfer and it can be so oily and messy when you have to wash the funnel and clean the bottle cap opening sides.

kitchenlayout.th.jpg This was the original measurements which we agree upon. I had spent effort to measure the tallest bottle at home so that I can place them all in the drawers. I even imagine myself the process of cooking and where it is convenient for me to take certain things from which position before I design this layout.

Yet it was not done to my expectation. Only to blame myself for my stupidity.

OMG just like i've said didnt take into consideration of the allowance of the height of the drawer.

Believe ur contractor may still have alternative solution for u abt tis??

OMG just like i've said didnt take into consideration of the allowance of the height of the drawer.

Believe ur contractor may still have alternative solution for u abt tis??

i'm not a technical person. I jus wanna a drawer with a depth of 14". Jus a simple instruction passed down. I even told her the things I wanna put inside so the depth cannot be smaller than tat. Yet the depth was less than 11". Tats a lot smaller! Not a little bit as she told me lo.

Will speak to her tml and see what she propose. Really waste my effort and time to do all those measuring at home. Felt like a fool. Luckily hubby din laugh me for being so silly. I din even dare tell my family tat the drawers are wrong cos they see me standing in the kitchen at times with the measuirng tape, a paper and a pen, always staring into space imagining the layout and positions of the items to place in the kitchen.

Tis is so embarassing!

i'm not a technical person. I jus wanna a drawer with a depth of 14". Jus a simple instruction passed down. I even told her the things I wanna put inside so the depth cannot be smaller than tat. Yet the depth was less than 11". Tats a lot smaller! Not a little bit as she told me lo.

Will speak to her tml and see what she propose. Really waste my effort and time to do all those measuring at home. Felt like a fool. Luckily hubby din laugh me for being so silly. I din even dare tell my family tat the drawers are wrong cos they see me standing in the kitchen at times with the measuirng tape, a paper and a pen, always staring into space imagining the layout and positions of the items to place in the kitchen.

Tis is so embarassing!

That's really terrible and I hope she rectifies for you. 3 inches is a lot of difference!!

Get the IDs to remedy this..else discuss to meet an agreement to reduce the outstanding balance. Really not your fault and worse still, u did your homework initially. Charge the fault to the IDs.

Get the IDs to remedy this..else discuss to meet an agreement to reduce the outstanding balance. Really not your fault and worse still, u did your homework initially. Charge the fault to the IDs.

It's partly my fault too when i am so lazy to do the checking till everything's up. Stupid me :bangwall:

Have to call my contractor later to ask her the solutions available. She'll definitley not redo and tear down the bottom cabinets - Too costly.

My frenz say maybe can adjust the height by redoing the drawers portion but it'll be ugly. DUnnoe how ugly.

Can you guys help me ask ur contracor abt tis? whether it will really be very ugly and whether it's possible to adjust the height of the drawrs? Please!

It's partly my fault too when i am so lazy to do the checking till everything's up. Stupid me :bangwall:

Have to call my contractor later to ask her the solutions available. She'll definitley not redo and tear down the bottom cabinets - Too costly.

My frenz say maybe can adjust the height by redoing the drawers portion but it'll be ugly. DUnnoe how ugly.

Can you guys help me ask ur contracor abt tis? whether it will really be very ugly and whether it's possible to adjust the height of the drawrs? Please!

i supposed it can be done. To remove the existing drawer tracks and patch up the drilled holes with silicon. Shdnt be obvious since its hidden beside the drawers, unless u mind? Think u hurry go confirm w ur contractor so that they can prepare to do the changes.

i supposed it can be done. To remove the existing drawer tracks and patch up the drilled holes with silicon. Shdnt be obvious since its hidden beside the drawers, unless u mind? Think u hurry go confirm w ur contractor so that they can prepare to do the changes.

I oso pray. i think too early to call her yet. so wait another hour or so.

Early morning gives her nightmare and headache haha

Well at least she has a good night sleep while my mind is filled with questions and worries. ;P

I believe they took your drawings and measure accordingly. However, the 14 inches is the height of the doors of the drawers. Usually the drawer box is smaller than the drawer doors so that you can accomodate the sliding track.

I think if you insist to change the drawers, it shouldn't be a problem. Just have to make sure there's enough spacing on the hole for the drawer box and that should do the trick.

The hole itself can be cut further but it might affect the structure of your cabinet. Have a look at the structure and see what would be the best solution ba.

Best of luck.

I believe they took your drawings and measure accordingly. However, the 14 inches is the height of the doors of the drawers. Usually the drawer box is smaller than the drawer doors so that you can accomodate the sliding track.

I think if you insist to change the drawers, it shouldn't be a problem. Just have to make sure there's enough spacing on the hole for the drawer box and that should do the trick.

The hole itself can be cut further but it might affect the structure of your cabinet. Have a look at the structure and see what would be the best solution ba.

Best of luck.

Thanks gongkia. Well I guess have to get the carpenter down to take a look at the structure closely. No point having the bottom cabinets collapse after a few months.

I'm trying to wait patiently for the time to call my contractor. Yes I really do need the luck. The height of the drawers are not even 14". One is 14" if you measure from the bottom of the drawer to the table top but tat includes the support tat the granite is resting on, so the drawer is actualli smaller than tat. The other is even smaller. it's abt 12 to 13" from bottom of the drawr to the bottom of the top drawer. So it's 2 uneven height top and bottom drawers. Just tat it's not obvious.

Wish me more luck. :)

well seems I dun have the luck or I need to find another independent contractor to ask.

Please help me to ask ur current contractor can. Really dun want mine to smoke me.

She told me the structure already there. Cant change.

THen she told me it's 14" door height. Cannot be 14" depth. But in the first place I already told her I want 14" depth to place my stuff!

CANNOT REDO OMG kill me again.

My hopes were quite high until jus now................