Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kari

Stepping Into A New Challenging Life

Wow can view show flat har, me also wants lei.

But than may not have time to go down haiz...

Hey steve you most welcome but alot of dust hor.

then you live so far! sure can travel meh? bring ur daughter? lol she's so cute. really princess like. Mine is Pocahontas dark like me :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hey steve you most welcome but alot of dust hor.

then you live so far! sure can travel meh? bring ur daughter? lol she's so cute. really princess like. Mine is Pocahontas dark like me :(

Dust dust... my whole place is so dusty due to the new fernvale residence tat are now building beside my hse.

As for travel wise its ok la, s'pore only 47km widest. My little devil can kill me man...

Luckily she follow my wife, not me if not :bangwall:

Will see how bah.

great then i'm gg to get my contractor to do the level up for the window grill gap. hee

so are you staying in ur house now? I go visit you first la? so i can oso get ideas on where to place the bathroom accessories. the bathrooms are so small! and i haven't bought these items yet. lol after tat, then drop by to my place to help me check.. hee hee. acutuali i realize more eyes really help a lot, can spot problems faster and different people have differnt view point so can oso spot things tat I did not think of checking before.

i'm holding more than 10% leh. my contractor will indeed jump. lol.

ok sure, u pm me la... :P

Spoken to my contractor on the areas to rectify.

She was prompt this time. She actually did the re-paint during the long weekend on Sat w/o my knowledge. :P (Pleased with her initiative - guess she really wanna wait until capentry up. I din even have the change to go protect my carpentry incase of paint spill! :P Luckily dun have. Guess the workers very careful. Anyway I oso din scrutinze closely. Too busy pointing out the problem areas lol)

For the level up at the window ledge, it was due to HDB uneven walls. Sianz. But she was willing to paste another laminate over to make the space btw the wall and the level up smaller.

For window grills, I din do exploreres' way. My contractor says the laminate is easier to clean than the window metal portion. So I believe her ba.

The 'big' gap btw the window and grills is cos of the handles. sianz again.

For the kitchen cabinet doors knocking agst each other, nothing can be done too. If I increase the gap allowance btw the cabinet doors, the other door will be very very small. Dunnoe true or not. But I guess she cant and won't tear down the whole cabinet right? lol So really have to use those small plastic protector. Double sianz why must have sth on my laminate! aiyo :(

For my HHS door which isn't flush with the wall, she explained that the thickness of the plywood is fixed. Plus she has to do a 12" depth for me or else I cant put anything inside. Ops I forgot to ask her why she din reduce the shoe cabinet measuremtns then? (Must ask her tml)

I really dun like the door not inline with the wall. So protruding. :bangwall:

So far, my contractor lives up to her name. She's willing to retify and acknowledge problems. HOwever, for big issues, i guess she still try to smoke. lol (My personal opinion la cos I cant accept the ugliness but perhaps she's more experienced to say the ugliness is for functionallilty)

Overall, pleased with her patience. I think I'm not a nasty customer. But I'm definitely not an easy one. I have questions on everything, which she always try to explain. Twice even when my sleepy hubby din get what she said. haha

Spoken to my contractor on the areas to rectify.

She was prompt this time. She actually did the re-paint during the long weekend on Sat w/o my knowledge. :P (Pleased with her initiative - guess she really wanna wait until capentry up. I din even have the change to go protect my carpentry incase of paint spill! :P Luckily dun have. Guess the workers very careful. Anyway I oso din scrutinze closely. Too busy pointing out the problem areas lol)

For the level up at the window ledge, it was due to HDB uneven walls. Sianz. But she was willing to paste another laminate over to make the space btw the wall and the level up smaller.

For window grills, I din do exploreres' way. My contractor says the laminate is easier to clean than the window metal portion. So I believe her ba.

The 'big' gap btw the window and grills is cos of the handles. sianz again.

For the kitchen cabinet doors knocking agst each other, nothing can be done too. If I increase the gap allowance btw the cabinet doors, the other door will be very very small. Dunnoe true or not. But I guess she cant and won't tear down the whole cabinet right? lol So really have to use those small plastic protector. Double sianz why must have sth on my laminate! aiyo :(

For my HHS door which isn't flush with the wall, she explained that the thickness of the plywood is fixed. Plus she has to do a 12" depth for me or else I cant put anything inside. Ops I forgot to ask her why she din reduce the shoe cabinet measuremtns then? (Must ask her tml)

I really dun like the door not inline with the wall. So protruding. :bangwall:

So far, my contractor lives up to her name. She's willing to retify and acknowledge problems. HOwever, for big issues, i guess she still try to smoke. lol (My personal opinion la cos I cant accept the ugliness but perhaps she's more experienced to say the ugliness is for functionallilty)

Overall, pleased with her patience. I think I'm not a nasty customer. But I'm definitely not an easy one. I have questions on everything, which she always try to explain. Twice even when my sleepy hubby din get what she said. haha

For the HHS door protruding why cannot rectify?? Its definitely carpenter mistake la, the carpenter must take into consideration of the thickness of the ply wood mah. How thick is the plywood got to do with the 12" depth?? dun tell me the thickness is 3" which is impossible, even yes for 3" thickness still got 9" depth mah more than enough to put items inside le.

Or maybe i just dun know the actual situation lor.

For the HHS door protruding why cannot rectify?? Its definitely carpenter mistake la, the carpenter must take into consideration of the thickness of the ply wood mah. How thick is the plywood got to do with the 12" depth?? dun tell me the thickness is 3" which is impossible, even yes for 3" thickness still got 9" depth mah more than enough to put items inside le.

Or maybe i just dun know the actual situation lor.

haiz I oso dunnoe leh. SHe say if I insist flush agst the wall, the depth of the cabinet will be too small for me to place anything.

hhsnotflushedagstwall.jpg hope this is clear explanation.

haiz I oso dunnoe leh. SHe say if I insist flush agst the wall, the depth of the cabinet will be too small for me to place anything.

hhsnotflushedagstwall.jpg hope this is clear explanation.

eh, i sound stupid. But 12" = 1 ft right? So small how to put things?

well 12" is indeed 1 ft. Well the main purpose of the storage area is for putting my photo albums, liquor etc. Shoes oso can if I do not have enuff space in the other shoe cabinet.

I go measure my slippers, dun need 12" so much haha

Edited by Kari

well 12" is indeed 1 ft. Well the main purpose of the storage area is for putting my photo albums, liquor etc. Shoes oso can if I do not have enuff space in the other shoe cabinet.

I go measure my slippers, dun need 12" so much haha

oh... so its more like a spare space for those little things that dunno where to put? Then probably 12" is gd enough. I tot ur whole HHS became only 12"!

oh... so its more like a spare space for those little things that dunno where to put? Then probably 12" is gd enough. I tot ur whole HHS became only 12"!

lol no la. even the HHS door oso ard 3 ft wide lo.

die. my drawing not clear ah. haha

Wat do u intend to store in tat small storage area??

Wat do u intend to store in tat small storage area??

Well the main purpose of the storage area is for putting my photo albums, liquor etc. Shoes oso can if I do not have enuff space in the other shoe cabinet.

Well the main purpose of the storage area is for putting my photo albums, liquor etc. Shoes oso can if I do not have enuff space in the other shoe cabinet.

Well 12" or 1ft should be enough for tat, unless the photo albums is ur wedding album or those cannon type of liquor than may not fit into tat small storage le.

Otherwise should be enough bah.

ah but the purpose of filling up the gap is so that u hv the flat surface to clean (same level as the frame) instead of a hollow space... :unsure:

ya, we saw some activities gg on last weekend... tot u were ard... ;)

ah but the purpose of filling up the gap is so that u hv the flat surface to clean (same level as the frame) instead of a hollow space... :unsure:

ya, we saw some activities gg on last weekend... tot u were ard... ;)

hee hee so you saw the painters. I din even noe what went on until the whole thing was done. But they really repaint the whole wall.much better but too bad have to repaint again cos they forgot one patch. Poor things as it means the whole wall as the paint used doesn't allow touch up. lol

well my contractor says it's easier to clean leh. i oso headache dunnoe whether true anot. i think no choice jus have to try out stay inside first then decide again. hopefully she's nice enuff to do the level up then.