Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kari

Stepping Into A New Challenging Life

dsc00119gp8.th.jpg I hate tat pillar! :( Well the W/M height jus reach below the window nicely. Neighbours who have this layout say it's quite windy at our area so no worries abt hanging inside. They dun hang their clothese outside lo haha :P

Yup the red/white design is better than the standard grey/white, but it does remind me of a flag :P but color combi not confirm yet

it might be a better idea to take the 2nd layout (all white) in case you wan to get a dryer in future can stack on top and on the left of the WM can do a pull down hidden storage space to put the detergent, bleach etc.

my kitchen is all matte black laminate. guess its okay to choose any color as long as its matte laminate as gloss will scratch easily esp in kitchen. white will get easily same too for black :notti:

HTH

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
it might be a better idea to take the 2nd layout (all white) in case you wan to get a dryer in future can stack on top and on the left of the WM can do a pull down hidden storage space to put the detergent, bleach etc.

my kitchen is all matte black laminate. guess its okay to choose any color as long as its matte laminate as gloss will scratch easily esp in kitchen. white will get easily same too for black :notti:

HTH

No I'm scared of front load WM as my monsters like to play with the WM door when we are at the electrical applicances department. Dun want to take the risk despite those child lock safety features cos I'm a 100% blur sotong.

My contractor ask me to take glossy leh. Say dun have to worry - Fingerprints oso not obvious and can clean off stains easily as lamiates technology has improved. White laminate won't turn yellow like old times. . :dunno: Guess I have to read those old threads to decide again. haha :P

If the WM under the dish rack won't the dripping water from those dishes drip on the VM??

And also shorter worktop, think the 2nd layout look better.

Mine also matte type laminate in black also.

dsc00119gp8.th.jpg I hate tat pillar! :( Well the W/M height jus reach below the window nicely. Neighbours who have this layout say it's quite windy at our area so no worries abt hanging inside. They dun hang their clothese outside lo haha :P

Yup the red/white design is better than the standard grey/white, but it does remind me of a flag :P but color combi not confirm yet

Haiz, my kitchen also has weird pillars/wall/pipes. :bangwall: Hee.. well if dun need to hang outside, then I think WM at there should be fine. :)

My contractor ask me to take glossy leh. Say dun have to worry - Fingerprints oso not obvious and can clean off stains easily as lamiates technology has improved. White laminate won't turn yellow like old times. . :dunno: Guess I have to read those old threads to decide again. haha :P

Hehehe... I'm also going to take glossy laminates, and my hb also prefer glossy ones. Try to choose those laminates that are thicker though, to minimize those wavy effect. :)

I really hope that the white laminates won't turn yellow, cuz I chose white too.

If the WM under the dish rack won't the dripping water from those dishes drip on the VM??

And also shorter worktop, think the 2nd layout look better.

Mine also matte type laminate in black also.

:P Steve! Position of dish rack can change la. Actuali I din notice the weird layout until you point it out. :rolleyes:

Well I'm gg to my place today with HER so take measurements on site see whether layout 2 really practical anot. I oso hope to avoid blocking the window if possible.

Yeah Angel81, glossy laminates are really bright. Matt is safer though. Congrats on your ongoing reno. Hope to see ur red and white kitchen soon! :yamseng: BTW what is the colour of ur counter top?

the white design can cater to top load too. if in future you need, get the dryer and mount it upside down on top of the top load WM so the dryer buttons can be easily access.

from my experience just take the contractors advise like a pinch of salt. most will never recommend and tell the truth as end days its all about profit margins they can make. seek advise from those that been there done that and in this forum.

generally, whiteness of the laminate depends on the quality, treatment process and thickness of the laminate.

for more reliable and higher end laminate its possible that the laminate wont turn yellow not so sure about the lower range and its impossible that shinny surface wont scratch as easily as matte. anything that is shinny and gloss will scratch easily.

same too for solid surface table top, those that contains higher and more acrylic will not turned yellow and is more durable. solid surface brand like corian contains almost 100% of acrylic the price is almost double that of acrylic and polyster mixed solid surface.

for granite surface you might want to check with khriz i think he is using granite surface for his kitchen.

HTH

Mine dishrack are opposite the sink, and when i dry my plates and bowl all the water drips all the way to the dishrack :( and i got a oven below the dishrack and sometime also drip water on it.

So please remember dishrack must be under sink so as to minimize problem later on.

And also take note the numbers of drawer you can have.

Spam chop from me!! See that your reno is progressing well...good luck! ;)

oi. chop for wat? never give advise.

Mine dishrack are opposite the sink, and when i dry my plates and bowl all the water drips all the way to the dishrack :( and i got a oven below the dishrack and sometime also drip water on it.

So please remember dishrack must be under sink so as to minimize problem later on.

And also take note the numbers of drawer you can have.

hey bro. is there a metal tray under the dish rack to collect the water? BTW, kari try to have the dish rack above the sink as steve mentioned. its be more convenient just wash and put back. :dancingqueen:

oi. chop for wat? never give advise.

hey bro. is there a metal tray under the dish rack to collect the water? BTW, kari try to have the dish rack above the sink as steve mentioned. its be more convenient just wash and put back. :dancingqueen:

Yes there are a metal tray below, but sometime water will drip when transporting the bowls to the rack so very troublesome for my case. That was why i regreted not having the dishrack above the sink. :bangwall::bangwall:

Hmmm then really have to think hard on the gloosy and matt laminate issue. WIll take samples back and get my kids to test them out. :P Sure can tell whether scratch resistent anot!

I'm using black galaxy granite top. So I guess no issue on yellowish top and scatches I guess.

sakae sushi tats a very funny idea of hanging ur dryer upside down. Thanks for the suggestion but dun like dryer ba. still prefer the good old sun shining down. At most be auntie, dry **** room since it's facing west :P

Yeah steve, drawers have to top up if I want more Haiz. Actuali do we really need to cover tat dish rack portion with a glass door? I mean expose really ugly arh? cos so troublesome everytime wash dishes must open door zz I oso prefer put on top of sink, can let the water drip in.

Hmmm then really have to think hard on the gloosy and matt laminate issue. WIll take samples back and get my kids to test them out. :P Sure can tell whether scratch resistent anot!

I'm using black galaxy granite top. So I guess no issue on yellowish top and scatches I guess.

check with khriz regards to granite vs solid surface cos i came across some pple with issues reagarding graniate.

sakae sushi tats a very funny idea of hanging ur dryer upside down. Thanks for the suggestion but dun like dryer ba. still prefer the good old sun shining down. At most be auntie, dry **** room since it's facing west :P

its not funny la. just possible to be done cos saw them doing it at display.

Yeah steve, drawers have to top up if I want more Haiz. Actuali do we really need to cover tat dish rack portion with a glass door? I mean expose really ugly arh? cos so troublesome everytime wash dishes must open door zz I oso prefer put on top of sink, can let the water drip in.

ikeakitcheneo7.jpg

Some of my neighbours chose tis layout, saying that it is ok for the washing machine to block part of the window. Plus it has a very long countertop.

Please note that the drawings are not drawn to scale.

Feel free to give comments. :thumbs up:

like this one the best

i went for a short 10ft countertop

really not enough space

stove took 3ft, sink took another 3ft

in the end all appliances got to put on table instead :(

as for the washer, think by the window should be okay

for most working couples, unlikely to hang washing out anyway :notti:

Well i do heard of granite cracking under tremenous heat. Put ur loaf of bread or wet plastic bags on the grantie will leave the "BRANDING" on the top.

But some forummers dun have such problem. I think depends on heng suai?

So khriz, wats ur opinion?

steve you using granite or solid top? cos i can onli see it's black counter top :P

Mine is granite top, so far so gd.

Crack?? never heard of, but chipped yes if you really knock some sharp at it may chip it that was what i heard from my friends.