Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DNKY

My First House-3 Room Makeover

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hello DNKY. wow your kitchen is the exact same layout as mine leh! squarish and long. the basin is also in the exact same location, even the oldish stove and cabinets too. But then $34,000, for a 3 room is a little bit ex leh. Show us your quote leh. your hse location also same as mine too. in tomato town. maybe we r neighbours keke

3ddesignpics001.jpg

3ddesignpics003.jpg

3ddesignpics002.jpg

3ddesignpics004.jpg

Pictures says a thousand words. The basic cost is actually $32K, but then with addition of new windows and grills, the addition of a full height mirror also bring up the cost higher. I also top up about $600 plus to get the cooker and hood.

Edited by DNKY

If buy light from KL or JB, do we need to pay tax at custom?

From what I checked from the customs website, if I go "overseas" for more than 48 hours, I am allow to bring in S$300 worth of purchases with GST exemption per pax. So if one car got 4 persons, then I guess I can buy up to S$1200 worth. If not i hear you just declare, and pay the 7 percent GST.Other than the GST , think they are no other tax. But I have not been through this process, so I am unable to verified. I wwill update you more when I return from Malaysia.

I already did some price comparsion between Singapore and Malaysia Price. If it is those very very nice nice lightings, then worth it to get from Malaysia, cos can be 50 to 70 percent cheaper. But if it simple lights for store-room etc, then singapore price and malaysia not much difference.

I like the kitchen and the living!! the colour scheme matches... :)

But the MBR.. the colour scheme of the laminates and all a bit different? creating a different effect for the rooms?

From what I checked from the customs website, if I go "overseas" for more than 48 hours, I am allow to bring in S$300 worth of purchases with GST exemption per pax. So if one car got 4 persons, then I guess I can buy up to S$1200 worth. If not i hear you just declare, and pay the 7 percent GST.Other than the GST , think they are no other tax. But I have not been through this process, so I am unable to verified. I wwill update you more when I return from Malaysia.

I already did some price comparsion between Singapore and Malaysia Price. If it is those very very nice nice lightings, then worth it to get from Malaysia, cos can be 50 to 70 percent cheaper. But if it simple lights for store-room etc, then singapore price and malaysia not much difference.

I purchased all my lights from JB. Only paid 7% GST and we get some tax exemption altho we didnt stay more than 48 hours. Usually the shop will ask if you want to have separate receipt or not. Meaning one original receipt and one "price reduce" receipt for custom declare purposes. However, if you do calculation, 7% isn't that much even you use the original receipt because the price really much cheaper. Usually if you purchase from Malaysia, the total price will not be more than S$1k (S$1k already RM2.4). 1k X 7% also 70 only. :) Remember to buy more spare bulb cause it is cheaper and i suppose no expiry date bah? :P

I like the kitchen and the living!! the colour scheme matches... :)

But the MBR.. the colour scheme of the laminates and all a bit different? creating a different effect for the rooms?

Yup. I wanted something different for the master and common bedroom. The bedrooms are more of a classic feel.

I purchased all my lights from JB. Only paid 7% GST and we get some tax exemption altho we didnt stay more than 48 hours. Usually the shop will ask if you want to have separate receipt or not. Meaning one original receipt and one "price reduce" receipt for custom declare purposes. However, if you do calculation, 7% isn't that much even you use the original receipt because the price really much cheaper. Usually if you purchase from Malaysia, the total price will not be more than S$1k (S$1k already RM2.4). 1k X 7% also 70 only. :) Remember to buy more spare bulb cause it is cheaper and i suppose no expiry date bah? :P

Agreeded. All my lights cost less than S$1000. I buy my kitchen lights in Singapore tho.

NewHouseBrothersBday032.jpg

The beginning of the hacking work

NewHouseBrothersBday038.jpg

Opening up a new doorway

HouseRenoSentosa2009007.jpg

Wet Laying of floor tiles

HouseRenoSentosa2009006.jpg

A wall built to conceal the fridge from the front view

Now awaiting for the capentry works to be installed. Painting is also finished 90 percent.

Edited by DNKY

Living Room Light

Lighting-penang011.jpg

The Master bedroom Light

KLJan09043.jpg

The Common Bedroom Light

Lighting-penang005.jpg

The TioLet Light- Master. Picture show warm light-but the actual will have white light installed.

KLJan09049.jpg

The Kitchen Light

chelsalights007.jpg

The Store room Light

Lighting005.jpg

ur lights are really grand! I believe it shd be a very gd buy from JB, buying in SG will most prob cost u much much much more than ur 7% GST!

Lights are super super niceee...How much did the lights costs you? How did you manage to get all the lights back? do they provide delivery service to you? Did the customs charge GST then?