Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DNKY

My First House-3 Room Makeover

Hi all. Had been reading this forum for at least a year. Like a lot of people, me and hubby had been trying our luck to apply for a flat from HDB, but we had been luckless. Finally ventured into the resale market and brought a 3 NG flat. Had started renovation since Jan 12 2009. Is going to post pictures ans share this whole renovation process.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yup. Still trying to figure out how to upload the pictures. Most of the tiles work are up and just have the windows changed. Will be buying the lights this weekend.

013.jpg

The house in its original condition

025.jpg

020.jpg

The pipings are terribly old

Edited by DNKY

Sigh. Not too sure if its the server that got problems or its my comp 's problem, it's really unstable now and it's it taking me forever to upload a few photos. Will try to upload more photos soon.

My hubby and I actually collected our keys in Dec 2008, and only then we start sourcing for an ID.

From information we got this forum and with frenz recommendation, we visited a few ID firms such as Mr K from Ideal H, Mr H from Impress, Mr Kel from GPlan, Mr Just from Weiken, Ms Pam from Homeworks etc.

In the end, we shortlisted 2, and with due consideration, we chose Mr Just from Weiken.

Total cost of reno at the moment will be abt $34,000, including the re-wiring works.

Location of house is in Tomato Town.

Is it going to be a designer unit DKNY? :sport-smiley-018: Oh just noted...it's DNKY. hehehe. Do show us more pics....

Yup. It will be a total makeover as the previous owner only did some minor reno prior to their shifting in about 8 years back, thus maintaining the "80s" look. I did not keep anything except the windows and the alu grills in the kitchen and the master bedroom. I replaced the windows and the grills along the coridoor with the sliding type and wrought iron grills.

Hee, DN is my hubby initials and KY is my initials,thus the formation of DNKY. We even have DNKY fabricated into the house main gate design. Can't wait for the gate to be installed...

oh that sounds cool. can't wait to see the pic of that. We are also gg to hv our monogram on the kitchen glass sliding door. But details not finalise yet...

Hi. As I state earlier in the post, I will be buying my lights this weekend, but will be going up to JB, KL and Penang. Thus I plan to get my lights from these places. I went up to KL before and saw a very very nice one that I wanted to put in the master bedroom. Will be back on tue, and will then post more pics by wed.

HAppY Valentine DaY..and have a Great weekend :):dancingqueen:

Congrates on ur new home! Wah.. The original reno really very retro, and the kitchen pipes.... Hope that ur reno journey will be smooth sailing, and looking forward to more pics! :)