Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ponytail

Kitchen Makeover

i always have a very funny qn.. yet to be answered. Can anyone tell me how do they chge the pipe w/o the waste flowing down? I mean.. we cannot stop pple from upstairs from 'producing' any waste when contractors chging the pipes rite?

I'm sad to say but got to agree with this "It's a sh** job, but somebody's got to do it".

Edited by Bluetooth

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

I want to thank everyone here for your concern.

I kan chiong spider make you all worriedfor nothing. :P

Looks like I'm always behind schedule updating... haiz real busy.

Ok let me answer those question that I know.

Wah how come so expensive $700, just check with hubby he said $200+.

Yah, i also dun understand why so ex leh. how come your one so cheap? the contractor quote you, or hdb pple quote?

OMG! then the workers must be cursing when the waste comes gushing down!

Does that mean it will be easier for me to chge my pipings since i'm on the highest level? The prev owner spray rockstone paint over WHOLE house including the pipes. Really :bangwall:

Ah?? But that only applies to kitchen wall if we arent gonna lay tiles rite? My house in the midst of plastering away the rockstones, i suppose the 'holes' form by the stones shd hold the plaster together?

yeah mrspiglet, supposedly if yours in on the highest level, its more easier to change, since you only need to tell your downstairs and downdownstairs only. yeah when i saw my plumber's face, i knew it, his face is as black as charcoal! spray rockstone paint? huh, what's that? so funnie ur previous owner

spray rockstone paint? huh, what's that? so funnie ur previous owner

My pipes also have rockstone paint! Haiz.. Wanted to sand them away or at least plaster them. But contractor said that it's a waste of money for plastering, and may spoil the pipes if he's to sand it. Advised us not to do it. :dunno: Hope that it'll look ok after painting bah.

Hi lucky guy,

i am looking around to renovate my flat soon and now looking around. mind sharing your contractor as well?

Thanks!

Hi mackeith,

Just pm you.

Cheers! :)

OMG! then the workers must be cursing when the waste comes gushing down!

Does that mean it will be easier for me to chge my pipings since i'm on the highest level? The prev owner spray rockstone paint over WHOLE house including the pipes. Really :bangwall:

Ah?? But that only applies to kitchen wall if we arent gonna lay tiles rite? My house in the midst of plastering away the rockstones, i suppose the 'holes' form by the stones shd hold the plaster together?

Hi all,

Actually the plumber took around 30 mins to change the pipe.

You all must be thinking 30 mins! then sure kenna those dirty water right? Wrong.

The plumber very professional, they measure & cut the pipe to the correct size first.

Then the proceed to cut the centre part of the old pipe, all this while they make sure the pipe is in vertical position.

Then come the final part.

Chop Chop, they knock the top & bottom of the pipe to free from the ceiling & the floor.

Quickly they insert the new pipe, everything was over less than 2 mins.

They never go upstair to inform neighbours.

Whether kenna or not, the plumber just say, they are used to it. :sport-smiley-018:

Dinosaur contractor. :drunk:

Don't quite understand, can elaborate? :unsure::dunno:

Yah, i also dun understand why so ex leh. how come your one so cheap? the contractor quote you, or hdb pple quote?

yeah mrspiglet, supposedly if yours in on the highest level, its more easier to change, since you only need to tell your downstairs and downdownstairs only. yeah when i saw my plumber's face, i knew it, his face is as black as charcoal! spray rockstone paint? huh, what's that? so funnie ur previous owner

like tt i still have a lot of pple to inform.. Hmm. Does it matter if i dun inform those below? since their waste wun 'come' to me.

My pipes also have rockstone paint! Haiz.. Wanted to sand them away or at least plaster them. But contractor said that it's a waste of money for plastering, and may spoil the pipes if he's to sand it. Advised us not to do it. :dunno: Hope that it'll look ok after painting bah.

Faint right? The 1st owner painted EVERYTHING in rockstone, even the ceilings n pipes. i didnt realised the paints on the pipes until further inspecting the flat. luckily i only got 2 straight big pipes in whole house n none in MBR. Else i really :bangwall:

Edited by mrspiglet

Faint right? The 1st owner painted EVERYTHING in rockstone, even the ceilings n pipes. i didnt realised the paints on the pipes until further inspecting the flat. luckily i only got 2 straight big pipes in whole house n none in MBR. Else i really :bangwall:

Wah, then u veli lucky! Mine got pipes everywhere! 1 pipe can be seen at the balcony. And pipes can be seen at all 3 toilets some more. :bangwall:

Hi all,

I've just got the A4 size laminate sample.

previous photo

14993021_62b174611236087434_m.jpg

14993031_a8606ac91236087490_m.jpg

Hi all, what do you all think of the combi this time?

All remarks are welcome!

Saw the top laminate at "Honeygal" blog, can't find any lizard. :D

mmm definitely much better than the previous one.. which is B I suppose? these are more subtle and suitable for bigger areas... I'm always super envious when I see your floral laminates. :P

Hi all,

Actually the plumber took around 30 mins to change the pipe.

You all must be thinking 30 mins! then sure kenna those dirty water right? Wrong.

The plumber very professional, they measure & cut the pipe to the correct size first.

Then the proceed to cut the centre part of the old pipe, all this while they make sure the pipe is in vertical position.

Then come the final part.

Chop Chop, they knock the top & bottom of the pipe to free from the ceiling & the floor.

Quickly they insert the new pipe, everything was over less than 2 mins.

They never go upstair to inform neighbours.

Whether kenna or not, the plumber just say, they are used to it. :sport-smiley-018:

Don't quite understand, can elaborate? :unsure::dunno:

Wow!! ur plumber indeed very pro leh. 2mins to swop the pipes. Ask u ah, chge pipes need permit not? Or licensed contractor will do? And roughly how much to chge the pipes? If really so simple and within budget, maybe can just convince my hub to chge since it shd be even easier for my top floor. :notti:

Wah, then u veli lucky! Mine got pipes everywhere! 1 pipe can be seen at the balcony. And pipes can be seen at all 3 toilets some more. :bangwall:

Hee! I din take note of pipes until i started listing down the reno items n reading renotalk! Top unit pros n cons lah, anything leak from the roof i'm the 1st to kena. :unsure:

mmm definitely much better than the previous one.. which is B I suppose? these are more subtle and suitable for bigger areas... I'm always super envious when I see your floral laminates. :P

Hi pinkpetter, thanks! You're my first supporter. :dancingqueen: Really hope this one will turn out nice

Wow!! ur plumber indeed very pro leh. 2mins to swop the pipes. Ask u ah, chge pipes need permit not? Or licensed contractor will do? And roughly how much to chge the pipes? If really so simple and within budget, maybe can just convince my hub to chge since it shd be even easier for my top floor. :notti:

Hee! I din take note of pipes until i started listing down the reno items n reading renotalk! Top unit pros n cons lah, anything leak from the roof i'm the 1st to kena. :unsure:

Hi mrspiglet, I'll check for you regarding the permit.

Hi all,

Sorry to you all for the waiting & concern

My contractor really did something unbelievable, but not what you all had been thinking. Wifey forever kan chiong queen.

I shall give you all a first hand account.

Yesterday contractor was to hack the concrete support.

The Bunga worker arrived 8+.

As usual, he proceed to cover the kitchen entrance with those plastic sheet. I was helping him to ensure that even a fly cannot go through.Then he proceed with his hacking while I retreat to my room.

About an hour later, I went back to see & also want to take some photos. To my horror, the bunga hack more than the concrete support.

Do you know what he hacked?

He go & hack my NEWLY done up pebble wash.

Immediately I chong in & scold him.

He said boss say act (hack) one.

Immediately, I call my contractor.

Me : Hi Edmund

Contractor : yes ( a weak voice, sounds like he still playing with the zzz… monster )

Sensing that, I think I need to orientate him a bit else wait his cpu hang.

Me : I so & so ar,you're suppose to send someone over today to hack the support right?

Contractor : yes

Me : do you know he hack more than what he's suppose to hack?

Contractor : Oh! Whats that? ( now his voice loud & clear now)

Me : he go & hack my pebble wash also

Contractor : oh, ok that one I know

(WTF) he knew what I was talking anot?

Me : I repeat, your worker hack my newly done up pebble wash

Contractor : yes, I know, I told him to hack one because the current one not nice lar

Me : you sure hor?

Contractor : very sure, I'll see you in 1 hour's time.

Me : ok (both party hangup)

Later he came over & said that the current pebble wash not up to his standard that's why he hack off & want to redo again.

In my heart, I was thinking, is he crazy or what, too rich is it, vitamin M offended him arh?

For this, I really salute him. :bow:

I would like to thank you all for the concern.

Here's the photos.

14946421_ff1cebf01235661956_m.jpg

14946425_12c85fcc1235662002_m.jpg

closed up shot of the pebble

14946430_98c632a41235662053_m.jpg

hacked sink support

14946433_1ca95aa21235662120_m.jpg

14946441_5eb971541235662159_m.jpg

this pipe has to go

Oh dear, this Edmund is getting crazier by the day. You got to stop him before he tear down the sink support! :P

Hi all,

I've just got the A4 size laminate sample.

previous photo

14993021_62b174611236087434_m.jpg

14993031_a8606ac91236087490_m.jpg

Hi all, what do you all think of the combi this time?

All remarks are welcome!

Saw the top laminate at "Honeygal" blog, can't find any lizard. :D

I think this combi should be ok, show us your 3d pics leh.

Edited by Jupiter Home

mmm, i am no interior designer but i feel its too much (too busy). maybe you want to further reduce the pattern to a tone on tone effect. (slightly more in color tone with background color).

hi guys... i got a silly question...wonder if anyone can help.. also with regards to kitchen. If my kitchen condition and walls and piping and everything is in v good condition as the previous owner never cooked, just that i dun really like the colour of the current kitchen cabinets, and maybe i wanna change the hood thats all to the more morden type, issit possible to overlay / laminate say the shiny black type of surface or like this vicorian surface over the cabinets? Or do i have to hack away everything and redo. Thanks so much! :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by alya