Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
poseidon_gal

Cover The Rubbish Chute?

Those buying resale flats.. did u cover ur rubbish chute?

I am thinking of leaving it open so that it is easier to throw rubbish. But was told that rubbish chute might smell.. hmmmm so any suggestions?

I dont want to cover it by sink.. the super old fashion way coz it is soo troublesome to bend and throw rubbish..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We changed the rubbish chute cover to the stainless steel one that closed better but still arranged for it to be covered with a slim cabinet. But the doors were brought back to be changed so there were a few days when the chute was exposed.... and there is an occasional whiff of rubbish floating into the kitchen now and then... so we were relieved when the doors came back.

just do a L-shape sink support terminating before the chute, and leave the chute exposed. Of coz also change it to the new style rather tight fitting stainless steel door, then will have no smell, and no need to bend.

Those buying resale flats.. did u cover ur rubbish chute?

I am thinking of leaving it open so that it is easier to throw rubbish. But was told that rubbish chute might smell.. hmmmm so any suggestions?

I dont want to cover it by sink.. the super old fashion way coz it is soo troublesome to bend and throw rubbish..

I use Maxden, but don't know if it is really smell-proof cos my flat is on the 12th flr, and havn't started living in it, so....

But i share the same sentiment... don't want to bend and search in the cabinet for the chute when throwing rubbish. But quite ugly leh. today my very humourous contractor suggested i use the extra Ikea utensil rack over the rubbish chute. "Can hang curtain to hide the rubbish chute!". Lame.

I live on the 10th floor... Didn't enclose my rubbish chute with any cabinet... I also hate the idea of bending down when need to throw rubbish.

My new rubbish chute is just a simple stainless steel cover... Have been living in the flat for 10 mths, no smell so far if the cover is shut... but sometimes when I open it to throw rubbish, I can smell a strong wind of rubbish smell... so I usually do it in a super-quick way within 3 secs :D

Is Maxden a brand for rubbish chute cover?

Is it better than the normal stainless steel?? much more expensive?

I will be staying on the 11th floor.. hopefully no smell...

I use Maxden, but don't know if it is really smell-proof cos my flat is on the 12th flr, and havn't started living in it, so....

But i share the same sentiment... don't want to bend and search in the cabinet for the chute when throwing rubbish. But quite ugly leh. today my very humourous contractor suggested i use the extra Ikea utensil rack over the rubbish chute. "Can hang curtain to hide the rubbish chute!". Lame.

Hi poseidon girl...

So sorry le these few days really no time to take photos resize and upload... I found an old photos of my cabinet..

31stDec03.jpg

It looks like that without door. Then the door can be folded to one side to full open it when needed. My rubbish chute is at the opposite end from my sink. WHICH I HATE. :P but I really don't have much of a choice. :)

But what the other people mentioned seem to be right... maybe if you live on a higher floor you don't get the smell... I live on the 6th :)

Is Maxden a brand for rubbish chute cover?

Is it better than the normal stainless steel?? much more expensive?

I will be staying on the 11th floor.. hopefully no smell...

It is more exp. Normal ones cost abt $180 (S & I) by contractor. Maxden is $450.

Maxden will come down to install for u. But m not v happy with svc. For $450, I had already asked my contractor to resize to his req 35cmx35cm dimension while retiling the chute area. Desmond from Max expected my con to do the 45deg slope for him as well. Well, if he had mentioned it earlier i am sure my con wld have done it if i had requested for it. He didn't, so he had to do the drilling himself, while grumbling all the time abt lazy contractors...

I didn't think it was my con's problem how the slope goes since i didn't let him do the chute. So i don't think he was 'lazy'. And for $450, i didn't like hearing all those grumblings. And he was almost an hour LATE. The nerve of that guy. :curse: