Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simei_mum

Calling All Baking Experts

hi,

can know what's the price now and which shop is selling La Germania? i hvn't been checking out these store for awhile now...

I believe Asia Excel is selling it; happened to chance by it when I was there snopping around.. also there's this Jurong West shop (below hdb block) that carries it too. To my surprise that shop carries loads of brands - Franke, Brandt, LaGermania, EF etc...

Haven't had the chance to check out the price though.. will let you know once I've got the info eh

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Leen,

For F669D5X oven, the functions seems to be able to serve me well for

baking (conventional top bottom element),

pizzas (bottom with fan),

sponge cakes etc (fan only),

roasting / quiche (top & bottom w fan) or would this be better using the Fan Grill?

So would you agree if i wanted to do some roasting etc, Fan grill first, towards the end, switch to Inner Grill for that crisp?

Hi Leen,

For F669D5X oven, the functions seems to be able to serve me well for

baking (conventional top bottom element),

pizzas (bottom with fan),

sponge cakes etc (fan only),

roasting / quiche (top & bottom w fan) or would this be better using the Fan Grill?

So would you agree if i wanted to do some roasting etc, Fan grill first, towards the end, switch to Inner Grill for that crisp?

hi,

for sponge cakes, its the same method use for baking of other cakes and cookies. use top & bottom heat (aka top & bottom element). you cannot use fan function or (eg) top heat + fan coz the inside will still be uncooked and the outside is chao tar.

as for pizzas, it depend on what type of ingredients you put on top. if there are meat on top, you must use top & bottom heat + fan. not the fan grill.

fan function is for spreading the heat all over the oven but will not cook the insides well. but it is also the most difficult function to gauge and use.

if for meat, grilling is good enough. inner grill will not do good job on making it crisp. you just turn up the heat for a while and you will get a light crisps/browning on top. i have the inner grill & inner grill + fan and i find them quite useless or redundant.

always remember, if use fan, the insides may not be cooked although the outside surface may be cooked / chao tar.

experiment with your food and oven and you will know how to handle them. even those vy ex oven also need to experiment them. no 100% guarantee you put in the food, press the button, wait and WAH LAH, outcomes the perfectly cooked food.

chef demo roasting turkey to us using Mayer's ex brand of oven. recipe says 1hr but took 1hr30mins then cooked. but chef told us that different oven behave differently and must experiment then can know.

Hi Leen,

fyi - checked with a few shops, apparently La Germania has stopped bringing in their ovens... they weren't very patient in telling me more (and started to cross sell other brands of ovens) :dunno:

Any chance you have an opinion on Bosch ovens - HBN331E2J vs HBN430551J.....? 'Cos I'm not too comfortable getting Cuizion / EF as I can't seem to get much feedback on their quality..

Any comment on Brandt - FE611XS1?

I wanted to buy Electrolux 31002 but the sales person said Brandt is better, made in Italy whereas the Electrolux model I wanted is from Thailand..

Hopefully they are telling the truth..

Anyone can help on this?

anyone has a good mixer to recommend?

shortlisted kenwood major titanium and ariston's professional mixer.

Anyone can give me reviews on Tefal OV1002 oven?

http://www.en.tefal.com.hk/All+Products/Co...vys/Activys.htm

I'm not looking for high end ovens like Rowenta and BB cos they are too big for my tabletop and quite expensive due to its product quality. Jus looking for something mid range which can allow some decent baking and grilling. This model is selling at ard SGD300. There's another Tefal model OV1000 which has almost same specs at OV1002 just that it doesnt have fan. Selling at SGD199. Almost a 100 diff. I prefer with oven with fan for even baking.