Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
raindroops

Seven Heaven

We got the keys to our house in Sept 08 but haven't start work until late Jan as scouting for IDs weren't exactly a breeze.

After walking in and out of countless boutiques, showrooms, warehouses (even store rooms!), we finally found our ID of choice - 2Form.

As all JW St 64 residents 5-room owners would complain about, it was the odd-shaped living room that was every ID's nightmare.

I didn't want to straighten the wall but had no idea where to put the TV console. But our IDs suggested a fabulous idea which we were only too glad to go along with. :)

So far the results have been spot-on with what we've been wanting.

I haven't exactly got the floor-plan for my block (Actually because i'm too lazy to scan the darned thing :notti: ) but if you were to search other JW St 64 5-room flat residents, you will know what i mean. I'll try to peel off our floor plan from our (bulky) household shelter door :bangwall: and let you guys see exactly what we've been doing.

So far the things we are having carpentry works on will be the feature wall for living room, the kitchen cabinets, the feature wall in master bedroom and shoe/settee cabinet in the foyer area and a walk-in-wardrobe.

I've got some pictures already but i will upload as soon as i figure out how to. Heh.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Am going crazy.

I didn't know searching for Lights, choosing Paint Colours and even Sofa and Dining table sets can be soooo difficult.

:bangwall:

We just had our false ceiling done up at the foyer area and master bed room.

Also just installed air-con in the rooms.

Kitchen tilings have also been done up.

Now i'm supposed to choose the colours for the 2 extra rooms which i have absolutely no idea what colours to choose because they are so many. Why can't orange just be orange and not honeytone, apricot, whatever whatever?!!

ARGGGHHH.

And lights. Why can't there be just one type of lights. Why must dining table, kitchen, toilet, masterbedroom, extra rooms and living rooms all use different lights?!!!!

Much apologies for not uploading any 3-D design right now because our ID's finalising the shoe cabinet area for us. Because i'm such a freak, have decided to box up the entire corridor windows in place of more storage for shoes and knick knacks, as well as a suspended settee at the area.

:)

I promise will upload as soon as we pick up the CD some time this week.

hehe..another neighbor!! :) so good that u started work..im still at the stage of looking for contractor..hhehe

Hee.. Congrates on getting ur own place! Yah, reno is all about choices choices and more choices. But in the end, it's worth it when u see it all come together. :)

Looking forward to the pics! :P

yup reno's such a headache yeah but when u finally see the end product it will put a big smile on your face, becos that's the creation and design that you choose. Upload pics please :notti:

:dancingqueen: hi hi neighbour!!

U must b having same floorplan as me, if not is laterally inverted :)

If the same, u can copy my floorplan (from my t-blog shown in my signature) and paste it in ur t-blog.

download ur pictures in www.photobucket.com (after setting up an account)

then copy the [ img] [ /img ] address here.

Jia you!! hope to see ur reno pic soon.

Btw, which blk r u fr? me is 678A

wif so many of our neighbours here, we can hold a gathering liao :)

Happy reno!! :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by rdnest

Rdnest: Firstly, thanks for the offer!! I just realised i had a copy of my floor plan sitting in my room. It's the one my ID pasted on the household's shelter door. I just realised i snapped a photo of it using my handphone just a few days ago. Heh.

Junxian: My husband and I were active in the neighbourhood blog for a while. But after that we kinda quieten down cuz we got really busy with our wedding preps which were over in Dec 08. We had a month of just basking in each other and then we finally decided to 'hunt' down our most suitable ID. :P

Everbody else: Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, Reno scouting is superbly tiring. But i guess as a newly married couple, it was such an intimate phase that we went through - just the two of us, knowing that the final decision of home's layout was something we both wanted.(Cheesssyyyy! :P )

And here's the much-awaited floor plan. Heh.

untitled.jpg

I hope you guys can make sense of it. If there's any questions, just post it up here and i'll try to reply Asap.

Oh, btw, anyone know where sells small-sized heaters for less than 100?? :P

Edited by raindroops

same floorplan as mine leh!! hehehe

indeed a very new way to place ur tv & sofa!

how come I never tot of that? :P hohoho

U mean instant water heaters? I got one from Poh Joo at $90. :)

Heya Angel, do you mind showing me a pix of it? I have my eye on this Prime Lifestyle Zen ( i think). But the one at this shop at Jurong West was about 105. **** ex for a small one. Grrrr.

same floorplan as mine leh!! hehehe

indeed a very new way to place ur tv & sofa!

how come I never tot of that? :P hohoho

Hahah.. we also never thought of it. In fact that area we wanted to do it up as a dining area but i really hate eating by the corridor because my corner neighbours will see me with my mouth munching away. So ugly. Heh.

It was my ID who thought of it. So at least we got the odd-shaped living space as a walkway and leave the sharp space by the windows so can hang out there and enjoy the wind or something. Heh.

Edited by raindroops