Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aubrey

Retrospectrum Meets Modernisation!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

no la he called back to say he's on the way. he sounds quite tired. 2 more pics of my ****ty wood board!!!!

fresh from next door! the is the cut out for my sink area. with his board like that, no way am i going for undermount sink.

_MG_2581rs.jpg

as close as i can get while keeping it sharp

_MG_2583rs.jpg

no la he called back to say he's on the way. he sounds quite tired. 2 more pics of my ****ty wood board!!!!

fresh from next door! the is the cut out for my sink area. with his board like that, no way am i going for undermount sink.

_MG_2581rs.jpg

as close as i can get while keeping it sharp

_MG_2583rs.jpg

Look like blockwood to me.

Some wood strips look flaky to me.

nah, not new. old flat that we are renovating. i rented the house right next to my unit. so waiting here.

oh yes! surprise of the day!! i came home to blum soft closing for my wardrobe swing out door when i didnt ask for it. imagine my surprise! :D

nah, not new. old flat that we are renovating. i rented the house right next to my unit. so waiting here.

oh yes! surprise of the day!! i came home to blum soft closing for my wardrobe swing out door when i didnt ask for it. imagine my surprise! :D

that's good! :) at least some things to cheer u up...

Think all of us here are staying tune to your updates.. I believe uncle should be able to give you a good explanation..

thanks for tuning in!! *cues melodrama music*

in short, we are changing the bottom cabinet for the my sink area. not changing the bottom cabinets where my stove is cos uncle did say its a little hard to do that. ok i accept it since the sink area is the wettest and i do not want the quality of that area to be compromised. we also discussed the drawers etc for the bottom cabinet and i told him i dont understand them sometimes in terms of design e.g: my understanding is xxx but their understanding of that same thing is yyy. he said he will meet me tmr in the afternoon and will ask jason to come up to discuss with me too.

about my tv console, the area where it sticks out of the wall, i told him flat out that i cant accept that error. i asked if he can remove it by sawing it or what, he said not possible as he will have to readjust my rack for placing dvd player etc. i showed him what jason drew for me which was the tv console sitting flush with my wall and not coming out of the wall. i told him that clearly its the carpentry's problem and he should change it for uncle at no charge. but if there's a charge i'll just take it since its not a matter of life and death. i intend to ask him to use someone else if possible. this carpentry is not up to snuff. he said he will let me know again tmr = must chase uncle.

that concludes it cos for half the time my mom was also hogging uncle about insignificant things, reminiscing of old times yarda yarda. quite annoyed since i did not manage to go thru with uncle all that i want. the consolation is that uncle is more free in the afternoon so i get to hog him at that time tmr. :P

P.S: Qns on behalf of my mom. we are using LPG gas tank. initially the plan was to place the gas tank under the right side of the stove but my mom thinks that it should not be so close as she is afraid that it will blow up. -_- she wants to relocate it to under the sink, any comments on that? (frankly i dont want that. imagine the gas piping snaking thru all the carpentry? ugly as sin)

pls let me have your views abt that, if placing the tank under the stove is really a hazardous move. -_-

Edited by aubrey

in short, we are changing the bottom cabinet for the my sink area. not changing the bottom cabinets where my stove is cos uncle did say its a little hard to do that. ok i accept it since the sink area is the wettest and i do not want the quality of that area to be compromised. we also discussed the drawers etc for the bottom cabinet and i told him i dont understand them sometimes in terms of design e.g: my understanding is xxx but their understanding of that same thing is yyy. he said he will meet me tmr in the afternoon and will ask jason to come up to discuss with me too.

about my tv console, the area where it sticks out of the wall, i told him flat out that i cant accept that error. i asked if he can remove it by sawing it or what, he said not possible as he will have to readjust my rack for placing dvd player etc. i showed him what jason drew for me which was the tv console sitting flush with my wall and not coming out of the wall. i told him that clearly its the carpentry's problem and he should change it for uncle at no charge. but if there's a charge i'll just take it since its not a matter of life and death. i intend to ask him to use someone else if possible. this carpentry is not up to snuff. he said he will let me know again tmr = must chase uncle.

that concludes it cos for half the time my mom was also hogging uncle about insignificant things, reminiscing of old times yarda yarda. quite annoyed since i did not manage to go thru with uncle all that i want. the consolation is that uncle is more free in the afternoon so i get to hog him at that time tmr. :P

P.S: Qns on behalf of my mom. we are using LPG gas tank. initially the plan was to place the gas tank under the right side of the stove but my mom thinks that it should not be so close as she is afraid that it will blow up. -_- she wants to relocate it to under the sink, any comments on that? (frankly i dont want that. imagine the gas piping snaking thru all the carpentry? ugly as sin)

pls let me have your views abt that, if placing the tank under the stove is really a hazardous move. -_-

aubrey, glad to hear that there is a resolution to your problem.

Frankly I feel that it is better to communicate with the carpenter instead of going through another party. I was a little fortunate that I managed to talk to the carpenter after insisting that I meet him. True enough, some of the things I wanted was not being communicated to the carpenter, and some items were not what I wanted.

I hope you will get a change your carpenter. Since after this episode, I don't think the current carpenter will be doing a good job. I am sure he will get it jialat jialat from uncle tomorrow. I know uncle value his reputation alot.

Currently my stove is using LPG under the stove and my folks have been placing them under the stove for the past 30 years. Don't think it will explode. If you want to place under the sink, should be no problem. For the piping, discuss with the carpenter and I am sure it will not be too ugly. Anyway it is hidden.

By the way, did you ask him about your hinge?

Edited by gaku70

hi aubrey, my parent's house also place the LPG tank just at the side underneath the stove for 30over yrs, somemore everyday to cooking n steaming n boiling food for sellin to nearby market (hardcore user hahahahaa), nuthing happen...dun worry its been trial n tested by many older generation ler ..no probe wan...come to think of it, my grandma house is also the same.....no problem wan....

infact its even more dangerous for u to place the tank further away. reason is u got to do piping all the way to the stove....what if the pipe leaks due to poor installation? if install piping with no support, the pipes will be swaying each time u change the tanks.....if add support to the piping the whole cabinet become smaller less space....lastly if u do steaming or cooking for long hours....the pipe itself will have water droplets form due to condensation as the gas is cold....then whatever stuff u place underneath will come in contact with the water/ moist...end result more damage item...

err me not trying to go against anyone but sometimes if u keep things simple = less problems.....what u guys think?

nice to heard that uncle is willing to redo your bottom cabinet, hope u can get the tv console fixed as well, will be monitoring ur t-blog. hope everything will be swee swee for u.