Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
guy77

First Home

on yr l-box qns, i was quite blur when uncle said do l-box to hide pipings cos to me l-box = with downlights meaning its for lighting purposes. i think i will forgo l-box lights and buy floor lamp to save elec, or is that even more energy consuming?

as for wallpaper, he has not discussed the tv console with me. he wants to come on thurs, i dunno how my cramped flat gonna fit him n jason with me n mom to discuss. hardly any space to walk. feels like im living in HK.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ya. me decided not to do with lights too. i will install a ceiling fan with light and another light in the living room. No need so many downlights in that case. i am very afraid electricity bill is high and once installed, dun use also a bit wasted. just need the L-box to cover the piping.

Am considering the wall paper for the TV-console as I find not much use. And I intend my snooker ball clock on the wall and I dun wan to paste it on the wall paper. Have to see first. Not much money saved on wall paper if I decide not to do.

But hopefully these two things will reimburse my decision to make a small bookshelf under my window in the MBR. Went to furniture shop to ask and it costs $600.

$750 ah... mmm ok ok thank you hehe.

mm about this lighting issue. I don't have an L-box also. But now I really regret. I think an L-box with well placed lights controlled by 2 switches will help to save electricity. Because my living is big I have three lights and a total of 9 energy saving bulbs but each is about 18watts which comes up to 167 if they are all turned on and it's still not very bright!! I see mrspiglet house... just 6 of those downlights can be quite bright already. And the energy consumption is much lower...

Aubrey

Your little pipes at the top corners can be concealed by the L-box. :)

$750 ah... mmm ok ok thank you hehe.

mm about this lighting issue. I don't have an L-box also. But now I really regret. I think an L-box with well placed lights controlled by 2 switches will help to save electricity. Because my living is big I have three lights and a total of 9 energy saving bulbs but each is about 18watts which comes up to 167 if they are all turned on and it's still not very bright!! I see mrspiglet house... just 6 of those downlights can be quite bright already. And the energy consumption is much lower...

Aubrey

Your little pipes at the top corners can be concealed by the L-box. :)

ya ya! To add on, actually 6 is super bright for my tv area. In fact, most of the time we on 2 downlights only, but inside each downlight is 2x13W, so its 52W every night. But i'm still brooding over why i didnt get single tube. Probably can save even more. ;)

aubrey

but downlights no need to clean so frequently wor... hoho! laziness runs in my blood too.

me thinking of buying the kdk v60wk fan which comes with LED light. should be bright enough for the living room.

=> went to Royal Fanco and the shop near my place, all no stock. now trying the capitol distributors tmr. hopefully got stock

so was considering not going to have downlights.

Edited by guy77

got my keys yesterday!!! reno confirmed starting on next Mon.

things bought are seven seven eight eight.

called capitol today and was told the kdk ceiling fan is out of stock. earliest stock will arrive in early June. Uncle said no problem with installation and waiting, as long as handover is not done, he will help me to install.

the fan comes with LED light and has temperature and light sensor. Quite chio. anyone already has this can share?

v60wk.jpg

Went to buy a fishtank (1 feet) to be placed besides my TV console. Very kiasu. $50 cos of a scratch of paint at the bottom. If not original price is $60. Going to migrate my fishes in my 2ft tank to this 1 ft tank when i move house next month.

DSC00165.jpg

going for curtain hunting this weekend. first stop is MGL curtain shop as it is very near my house. dunno if they open on public holis. if no open, then go food centre eat also ok. keke.

Edited by guy77

just a note on fans, make sure the lights are within the circular area of the fan. if not the lights will be cut by the fan. and u might get a headache.

i also liked the same fan...but i opted to buy crestar instead...

aubrey's right...test test and see if the lights get "cut".

pink: ya. new model. first batch out of stock liao. quoted $460.

aubrey and familyof4: ya. will check with showroom if it will get cut. hopefully will not. if not , have to hunt for another fan again.

called capitol today and was told the kdk ceiling fan is out of stock. earliest stock will arrive in early June. Uncle said no problem with installation and waiting, as long as handover is not done, he will help me to install.

the fan comes with LED light and has temperature and light sensor. Quite chio. anyone already has this can share?

v60wk.jpg

According to my hubby, the LED light is not very bright. So, you got to install downlights or some other lights to supplement.

Yo bro, starting reno when?? LOl.. KDK has lights one ah? I want sia.. LOL.. Hmm... I think my reno's gonna have some delays though.. Got problem with the Reno loan, if can't get have to fork out cash liao.. :(

just a note on fans, make sure the lights are within the circular area of the fan. if not the lights will be cut by the fan. and u might get a headache.

Really ah? Then usually those light kits with 3 lights are all outside the circular area mah, so they all will get cut by the fun right? So dat will give a headache? Hmm..

ya ya, metalsubzero. latest model. can check it out. but currently no stock everywhere. earliest batch will be in early june. your reno delayed until when?

thanks apples for the reminder. will check it out if it is too dim. i dun wan to spend money on downlights leh.

mum and dad went to pray at four corners of the house today (is that what is called?). Busy at work today so cannot join them. Tmr will be going over to sweep the offerings. Sunday will be bringing my furniture shop uncle to do some measurements and to "dong tu". Mon will be starting reno.

Hopefully tmr can squeeze in time to go MGL curtains.

My mum said the new house's neighbour very nice. Came out to chit chat with her. The neighbour said the previous owner came back yesterday to sweep the floor. So good of them. But it also means they have another set of keys. Have to change my letterbox keys.